• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any hassles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone experienced hassles in pubs (etc.) with vaping? I could imagine complaints from other patrons insisting they hate "the smell" (complete with nose holding and hand flailing:rolleyes:) as well as overzealous owners, managers and landlords insisting that it is "smoking", not wanting to try and actually listen and think and refusing the use of vapes full-stop.

Anything like that happen to you? How do you deal with the enevitable tuts, scorn, remarks and scowls?

Does anyone have a card on them with the law as it stands and descriptions of what you are doing? I have heard of people carrying these.

Have any of you heard your local 'Peggy Mitchell' crying "...Go on, gerr out! Gerr outta my pub!..."

chief druid

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
north wales U.K.
unfortunatley i live in a small town with about 13 pubs and all the land lords know me either by my first name of by a chosen nickname they decided to give me ....so i buy a pint and puff on it in front of them ... that leads to the question ..."whats that ???" ... then everything is hunky dory ... and thats with an evo ... such a strong e cig ... survives my nights out lol

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Has anyone experienced hassles in pubs (etc.) with vaping? I could imagine complaints from other patrons insisting they hate "the smell" (complete with nose holding and hand flailing:rolleyes:) as well as overzealous owners, managers and landlords insisting that it is "smoking", not wanting to try and actually listen and think and refusing the use of vapes full-stop.

Anything like that happen to you? How do you deal with the enevitable tuts, scorn, remarks and scowls?

Does anyone have a card on them with the law as it stands and descriptions of what you are doing? I have heard of people carrying these.

Have any of you heard your local 'Peggy Mitchell' crying "...Go on, gerr out! Gerr outta my pub!..."

No Hassle Yet! But I don't know what it's like in Banbury! ;)

There's a whole thread on The E-Cigarette in Public - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Smokester! of Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome includes free explanatory "business" cards with your order and will supply more if asked.

Cheers, Tom!
Gotta get some kip!

C.

I must say that I had my first public vape yesterday at the Reindeer. The barkeep was skeptical but asked the landlord if I could use one of those "new cigarette things". At first he said he didn't want to get into trouble and then I explained what it was all about but he said "it was still smoking" I told him that I gaurenteed him that it was a harmless vapour and not smoke at all, it was like the dry ice effect you get from those little novelty water features with a fog machine in it. That seemed to convince him and he walked away laughing.

The barkeeper replied it could be a point of contention with others when he noticed semi-scowls from patrons although there was noting they could smell and I'm sure they couldn't figure out how I could handle the cigars tip after it "glowed red hot" LOL!

All and all it was amusing and successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread