Any pods with rebuildable deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I know it defeats the micro size of pods but so far the weakness of pods have been inconsistent quality of coils and wicks that are prebuilt.
    I’ve had coils or wicks in them fail from the start so they have to be tossed.
    Are there any pods that take rba style coils that can be made or wicked?
    Even a pod system where coil can be tweaked and rewicked.

Reactions: bask

ArminF

ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    there are some videos on youtube where people rewick and even recoil pod units.
    Smok inifix, Wismec MyJet and others.
    For the Infinix i can say it works and its pretty easy to rewick. Maybe put the coil in a ultrasonic with vodka to clean them.
    But an RBA i did not see yet. ODIS might bring one for the Orion.
    Also for the coil changeable pods i did not see a RBA yet.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    The Justfog Minifit pods are easily rebuildable.. one of the reasons I bought it... lol...
    That's the one I was about to buy - seems like a really good one.

But then I won the Zero, didn't like it (draw activator not sensitive enough)- and @Foggy Road offered to trade an Innokin EQ for it, which I like better. And then I won the HCigar Akso, which hasn't arrived yet. So I never got around to ordering it.

So you're liking the Minifit, Scooter?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Foggy Road

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
    Apr 5, 2016
    That's the one I was about to buy - seems like a really good one.

But then I won the Zero, didn't like it (draw activator not sensitive enough)- and @Foggy Road offered to trade an Innokin EQ for it, which I like better. And then I won the HCigar Akso, which hasn't arrived yet. So I never got around to ordering it.

So you're liking the Minifit, Scooter?
    yes i like the minifit.. ive also got the smok rolo badge, simple ex squonk, nautilus aio and icare mini... and i use them all... the minifit easily holds its own...and it is bloody tiny... like vaping on a usb drive..haha.. the coil isnt too bad too rebuild... and the batt life is great too...

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

ArminF

ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    Very nice be good if they do release an rba... just like to ask are you armin finkell..creator of the mushroom squonk mod? sorry if you arent just my curiousity..lol...

Would had wished tony had told them to release a constant output device. Best with 2/3 power options. The Nexus with replaceable coil failed cause of the missing power.

And to your curiosity - yes I am :) and later the S21 and a failed outsourcing to an Asian Company with the S18.

Reactions: scooterstew71

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Would had wished tony had told them to release a constant output device. Best with 2/3 power options. The Nexus with replaceable coil failed cause of the missing power.

And to your curiosity - yes I am :) and later the S21 and a failed outsourcing to an Asian Company with the S18.
    Agreed, Armin- this one got me all excited, with the size & options. What are they even thinking, offering the option of replaceable coils of 2 types, replaceable pods, air flow options......but fixed output? Swing and a miss. I mean, I'd give up rebuildable for the right pod system, but even though I currently use only one tank at one airflow, with one coil build, I still change wattage throughout the day.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    Agreed, Armin- this one got me all excited, with the size & options. What are they even thinking, offering the option of replaceable coils of 2 types, replaceable pods, air flow options......but fixed output? Swing and a miss. I mean, I'd give up rebuildable for the right pod system, but even though I currently use only one tank at one airflow, with one coil build, I still change wattage throughout the day.
    With fixed output you could calculate the power or check if you could use the DL coil to do MTL with closed airflow to get a warm vape. Most of them produce vape but flavorless..
    But as you sad. Changing wattage is key on fixed coils.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    hm... This PAL 2 does come more and more interesting.
    Just stumbled over the comment from Toni about Coils
    "Note: the Aspire Spyrte BVC coils should be compatible with this device, but I haven’t personally tested that."

Coils for the Spryte are available from 1.2 to 2.1 Ohm...
    Would also mean that coils are longer available on the market.
    Which is mostly the problem with the "not so much known" producers.

Looks like we need a volunteer :)

Attachments

• Monosnap 2018-12-11 20-26-20.png
      Monosnap 2018-12-11 20-26-20.png
      373.3 KB · Views: 28

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
    Apr 5, 2016

Yes I thought you were.. I spoke to you a few times on the mushroom mod fb group.. Your a true genius...

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    @Foggy Road
    1*Cuboid Mini
    1*Cuboid Mini Atomizer
    1*NotchCoilTM 0.25ohm DL.
    1*BF SS316-0.5ohm
    1*BF Clapton-1.5ohm
    1*BF RBA M&L. (Vertical)

And all the AiO Coils as far i know.
    Thanks. Wasn't exactly sure which of the plethora of Cubis-esque models it was or I'd have looked for myself.

Reactions: bask

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    You may take a look at the Vandy Vape Simple Ex. Its a super small squonker.
    4ML juice, 4 different power settings (constant) and rebuildable.

OR a small 2ML tank with an 18350/18500 tube.
    I've been using the Simple Ex as a daily device for quite a while now. Bought two of them when released. The first one, the plastic squonk door developed a crack and ended up completely splitting in half. I'm using the second one now. If it suffers the same fate, I will simply switch over to using a OG Pico Squeeze with an Ammit RDA. When I build it around 1.5 ohms (28g kanthal) and use an LG HG2, I can get a few days in between charges. It's hard to beat that. And doing MTL with nic salts, I can get more than a day from a bottle of juice as well in the Pico.

You know though, even if you don't squonk, it's a great option for a small MTL vape device (Simple Ex or Pico). Don't have to squonk often at all. Simple kanthal builds work great.

I was using the Minifit when on vacation a few months back, had been vaping DTL for a few years. After getting back, I built the Simple Ex, and have honestly been using it more than my other gear.

I like the Minifit for travel still, but when I'm not travelling, the Simple Ex or OG Pico Squeeze is small enough for me. I really like my full size gear, but I'm having a hard time going back to DTL, lol. Really liking MTL at the moment.

My last box of pods in the Minifit, I've been unable to pull the plastic chimney from the base to rebuild them. So far, two out of the three pods in that box seem to be glued on. I've got several more boxes of pods, but if they started gluing on the chimney, I think I'm done with the Minifit once the pods I've been rebuilding are shot. I brought this up in the Minifit thread, hoping others will keep an eye out for this and confirm or deny as they use current pods they've bought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread