Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Protected.
Yeah. I think like with computers and cell phones the time has come to lower the prices and we can get just as food or almost as food as some of the better stuff that's been made.

I don't think protected would have high enough amp drain.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Just stay with a high drain battery. There ARE protected batteries with higher discharge rates but you won't find as much "real world" information on them because most people go the "time tested" route.

Using a low discharge protected battery on a high drain device can cause all kinds of problems. From premature battery death to KAPOOF!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
The 'C' rating for current flow isn't high enough on protected li-ions (such as Trustfires) for the chips in the Vmax or Vamo. Unprotected, high-drain hybrids are called for (i.e., AW, Efest, Panasonic, Sanyo).

Using regular li-ions is risky. They might seem to work OK, but forcing the controller chip to operate on reduced/limited current might damage the chip.

KevinNash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2009

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
That depends on models , for example the Trustfire protected 3000 mAh can drain at least 5A Test / review: TrustFire TF18650 3000mAh (Flame) | BudgetLightForum.com

Should be more than enough for the Vamo IMHO ?

lol I love the crossover on the forums..I originally come from BLF and CPF..i'm pounder in that thread..been using the trustfire 3000's for awhile now and they are really good for the price..great capacity and life..anything near your face though I would recommend an IMR or the hybrid panasonic CGR18650CH..the panasonics are very good batteries for the price..15.50$ at hkequipment w/free shipping..

the trustfires though provide over 5 amps to my Dry triple when fully charged (direct drive)..for the price they are nice..I just wouldn't want any li-ion next to my face..even headlamps I use the panasonic 2250's..

i'm ordering a VAMO when I get the cash for it..looks like a great APV..

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
If you are vaping below 10 watts, then protected 18350's would do fine, if they fit. 10 watts keeps the drain current below 2C, which is the recommended current limit for most ICR batteries. Over 10w or in 18650 mode...high drain is a must.

But good luck finding trustworthy protected 18350's. Anything with "trust", "ultra", or "fire" in the name...isn't exactly trustworthy.

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
Input voltage.

Ideal figures:
10w / 7.4v input = 1.35A drain current
10w / 3.7v input = 2.7A

Then you have to account for the pulsed output and Vrms which will lower the current, then account for efficiancy losses which will raise the current. More math than I have time for right now. But the input voltage plays the biggest part in the battery drain current.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I bought an Efest 2000mah 18650 for my Provari a couple of weeks back - great battery, lasting as long as my AW's. From what I've heard they don't have the longevity of the AW's (less charge cycles) but it was half the price so I'd consider the Efest a good purchase.

I picked up a couple of Efest 18350's for half the cost of the equivalent AW's and I should have a Vamo by Wednesday - I'll take note of their performance - if anyone wants to know.

Incidentally the Panasonic hybrid that tc1 mentioned is supposedly the best out there.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
There's an active COp about to close for a healthcabin vamo purchase, black chrome and chrome, 1 slot left. $37.70 tp your door.

I suggest you use DHL as the shipping option if you aren't. Some people have had major issues with EMS. The Health Cabin site also advises to use DHL.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I wonder if anyone can comment on this statement by Rainbow Heaven in regards to using stacked batteries or a single battery in the Vamo:

... Please choose RMS when you use 2pcs batteries, and AVG when using 1pc battery, to ensure you get an accurate output

Why would it matter if use single or stacked batteries to get an accurate output? Odd, very odd.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I wonder if anyone can comment on this statement by Rainbow Heaven in regards to using stacked batteries or a single battery in the Vamo:

... Please choose RMS when you use 2pcs batteries, and AVG when using 1pc battery, to ensure you get an accurate output

Why would it matter if use single or stacked batteries to get an accurate output? Odd, very odd.

I think they're confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread