The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any Vamo/Etna VV VW owners here yet?

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by AnsonJames, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
  2. GIMike

GIMike Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Around OKC, OK
    IMG_20121110_164112.jpg

I got one at my local shop. I don't have any meters to test it, but I will say, for the 2 hours I've owned it, it works great :) Have used it with both an 18350 flat top and an 18650 button top. Doesn't seem to work with my flat top 18650s, they're just too short to make a good connection. Keeps shutting off when moved.

3. PTJD

PTJD Vaping At FL370 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Well, odd but I only have flat top 650's and have tried 3 and they all work without problems. I've had mine for 3 day now and have no complaints.
    Edit to add that looking back I did notice twice when the unit was reset but did not think much about it at the time.

4. BlueSnake

BlueSnake Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    I've seen and tried one. The impressive thing is the weight. It's nice heavy metal, not thin tubing. It vaped nice. Only had it in hand for a couple minutes.

5. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

6. jimmy brentnall 25

jimmy brentnall 25 Full Member

Jan 22, 2012
    derbyshire
    i have put a bigger spring in and work good . for 30 pounds i will getting one more as spear ,jimmy

7. tc1

tc1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    I've noticed a clone of this device selling at Zainy for an incredibly low price ... You can get an entire kit for under $54 and that includes shipping. However, they mention that the 18650 won't work. Can anyone confirm the HealthCabin model can use 18650s?

8. VictoryNotVengence

VictoryNotVengence Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2009
    USA
    If anyone knows a usa supplier carrying this please shoot me a link.

9. natgas

natgas Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2012
    Magnolia, TX
    I purchased one after reading Zainy's description saying it uses 18650. Ordered extra batteries too; now I see they have revised it to use only 18350; hope they will change my order! :(

10. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
  11. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Zainy is Wrong - Stretch the spring a bit or use higher Mah Batteries(=longer) or always use flat top 18350's to minimize spring compression.
    Video showing all the in's/out's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3knYbp7Ma0

12. jimmy brentnall 25

jimmy brentnall 25 Full Member

Jan 22, 2012
    derbyshire
    iam using 18650 it is the spring that short when you get it but you can use a bigger spring or maganent spacer both work good i am using 18650 bats no problems hope this helps they magic little mods battery life is very good aswell.jimmy

13. muffluvin

muffluvin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
  14. tnt56

I've run 18650's and also a single 18350 in mine with no problems. Knock on wood.

15. tc1

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Anyone done accuracy and load tests yet?

16. daveinleics

daveinleics Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    England
  17. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    First page, first post.
    Translated too.

18. tnt56

After owning one for a little while and with the help from DirkBongo, KevinNash and a whole group of other members I've really become fond of it. It's with the help from the Fantastic Member of this Forum that I was able to figure out how to use all the functions on this little device. It really does a lot more than what I had expected. Change from VMS to RMS, volts to watts, from what I've read it's a lost cost version of the new zmax and a whole lot less money.

19. tc1

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Device is pretty big isn't it? Anyone have some comparison pics? I know a Lambo is a rather lengthy mod so it would be interesting to see how it compares with something like that.

This might be a perfect mod to buy for out and about use without the fear of losing it or something else happening.

20. GIMike

GIMike Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Around OKC, OK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.