Anyone ever given you the stinkeye or rude comments in public while vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfresh859

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
What I'm saying is do not be in a position of possible suspicion..... Whether or not I'm doing something illegal. "I'm not doing anything bad?" is just an argument. Why not get into that position in the first place is a good advice that come with your life long experience.

I wish that everyone can do (vap) in public any time any where, but it may never come. {MODERATED}. But I digress......

Same with not giving cop's any reason/suspicion to stop me in the first place.

Cheers!

I always get the whole "hey whats that!" thang. People ask me all the time if its a you know what.
I had a cop ask me that, and I said nope, showed him a business card, offered him a taste and was on my way.

btw, wood is totally legal, its what trees are made of ;);) lolz

Last edited by a moderator:

Mnmom2

Aug 16, 2013
Annandale, Mn
Just the other day I was out for coffee with a friend. It was beautiful out so we sat outside. I proceeded to start vaping... Mind you I try to avoid doing it much in front of people. But, there was only one other person outside, and the wind was blowing my vape out in the parking lot not at him... But he got ......! Started saying there was no smoking there and ranting about second hand smoke. I tried to explain that it was just vapor, but he wasn't having it! He went in to complain and a very nice young woman came out with him. When she saw what I was "smoking" she proceeded to try to explain that it was JUST vapor and I could legally do it in their coffee shop. She told him if he was unhappy he was more than welcome to sit inside. Needless to say, he felt so stupid he came over an apologized. Even offered to buy me another cup of coffee. He then asked me a bunch of questions about it and said he was going to tell his daughter in law about it. Made my day! It feels good to change even one persons mind!:)

Xion

Aug 17, 2013
Seattle, WA
Just the other day I was out for coffee with a friend. It was beautiful out so we sat outside. I proceeded to start vaping... Mind you I try to avoid doing it much in front of people. But, there was only one other person outside, and the wind was blowing my vape out in the parking lot not at him... But he got ......! Started saying there was no smoking there and ranting about second hand smoke. I tried to explain that it was just vapor, but he wasn't having it! He went in to complain and a very nice young woman came out with him. When she saw what I was "smoking" she proceeded to try to explain that it was JUST vapor and I could legally do it in their coffee shop. She told him if he was unhappy he was more than welcome to sit inside. Needless to say, he felt so stupid he came over an apologized. Even offered to buy me another cup of coffee. He then asked me a bunch of questions about it and said he was going to tell his daughter in law about it. Made my day! It feels good to change even one persons mind!:)

That's awesome ^_^ It's always nice to spread the word!

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Anyone ever given you the stinkeye or rude comments in public while vaping?

Yes. Old lady Dorfman down the street used to tell me that I shouldn't vape when I walked past her house. I told her its not smoke, its steam - vapor. She said it was giving her coughing fits and hot flashes. I said I never go within 30 feet for your front door so it's not my vaping that causing it. She let her Great Dane out who tried chasing me down the street but he's such a dope, I just flicked on the laser pointer on my key chain and the dope just followed the red dot all over the street while she cried "JoJo come! JoJo come back home!." I pointed the dot on a trail up to her front door and the dog knocked her over when he went in looking for the light. The next day when I walked by, she opened up the hose on me. I was ....... An old lady should be kindly, offer you home baked chocolate chip cookies to you, not turn the hose on you. They also shouldn't leave a ground floor window open at night after they've hosed a guy who works at animal testing facility with access to rats. 30 large rats dumped through an open window sure will occupy an old lady for a few days. All we heard from her the next day was shrieks and screaming every hour or so until the paramedics showed up and wheeled her out to treat her for hysteria. At least now I don't get the stink eye.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
yep...I use my vv spinner and people either look at me like what the heck is that...
I live in snootyville anyway...and so far have only met one person that actually knew what my spinner was :)
I work at a gas station and we sell a lot of blu's but mostly it's the first time vapors looking for something cheaper or different than smoking....if and when I have time I try to educate ;)

Today was a bad day at work anyway and I couldn't get enough nic, usually I hide behind the building like smokers do but was taking every minute of my "smoke" break...walking and vaping as I walked towards the door.

So this lady walking by giving me the stink eye and out of habit I held my breath til she walked by then exhaled...she must have gotten a whiff cuz she then turns around and stopped me to ask what was that great smell :facepalm:

hahaha which was great cuz earlier 2 coworkers were outside with me the nonsmoker asking me wt_ was I doing lol the smoker was all "I don't know but it smells damn good"

So me and my girlfriend are travelling the US and we visited the space center in Huntsville, Alabama a couple of weeks ago. We were reading some info on the shuttle they have on display and next to us a dad was doing the same together with his daughter. We were sort of walking the same route and I could see them curiously studying the spinner w/ evod hanging around my neck. They met up with mother and son and I observed them studying me and my device further, sensing there was some judging going on. Now, I was wearing my {BANNED BAND} cap ( great band if you're into {CERTAIN TYPE OF MUSIC}) at the time, so I can't really blame them. Reading another sign, the whole damn family came up to us and the father, in a quite accusing tone asked me 'Is that a real pipe you have there? My kids were wondering.'. Your kids? Really? So he was playing the whole blame game (ie. if my children are ever to smoke {SOMETHING BAD} in their life, I'm blaming you) in one hostile outburst. However, I told him politely it is a e-cigarette and how I quit smoking cold turkey after 14 years. He seemed to chill down a bit and we had a somehow tense but okay conversation about our travels with him and his family. Of course it turned out they are extremely christian and of course he had to throw in a 'Remember that Jesus loves you' when we left. All in all a fascinating experience topped with the irony in fundamentalists hanging out at the space center :D

This is however the only close to negative feedback I've gotten since i bought my beloved e-cig in Texas a month ago, and going through some of the most conservative states in the US (mostly with that cap on) I must say that's surprisingly good :)

Being my virgin post on ECF, be nice, okay? :)

Xion

Aug 17, 2013
Seattle, WA
So me and my girlfriend are travelling the US and we visited the space center in Huntsville, Alabama a couple of weeks ago. We were reading some info on the shuttle they have on display and next to us a dad was doing the same together with his daughter. We were sort of walking the same route and I could see them curiously studying the spinner w/ evod hanging around my neck. They met up with mother and son and I observed them studying me and my device further, sensing there was some judging going on. Now, I was wearing my {BANNED BAND} cap ( great band if you're into {CERTAIN TYPE OF MUSIC}) at the time, so I can't really blame them. Reading another sign, the whole damn family came up to us and the father, in a quite accusing tone asked me 'Is that a real pipe you have there? My kids were wondering.'. Your kids? Really? So he was playing the whole blame game (ie. if my children are ever to smoke {SOMETHING BAD} in their life, I'm blaming you) in one hostile outburst. However, I told him politely it is a e-cigarette and how I quit smoking cold turkey after 14 years. He seemed to chill down a bit and we had a somehow tense but okay conversation about our travels with him and his family. Of course it turned out they are extremely christian and of course he had to throw in a 'Remember that Jesus loves you' when we left. All in all a fascinating experience topped with the irony in fundamentalists hanging out at the space center :D

This is however the only close to negative feedback I've gotten since i bought my beloved e-cig in Texas a month ago, and going through some of the most conservative states in the US (mostly with that cap on) I must say that's surprisingly good :)

Being my virgin post on ECF, be nice, okay? :)

Wow interesting story! May I ask, why did you buy your first in Texas? Are the regulations more strict in Norway than the US?

Wow interesting story! May I ask, why did you buy your first in Texas? Are the regulations more strict in Norway than the US?

Sure! It's over ten months since we've been in Norway now and vaping isn't really a thing. I know it's catching on though, and I sure as hell will do what I can to help it along when I get home :) The reason for Texas being the place is really just because I had just tried the blu and we happened to be at a tattoo convention in Austin where All About Vapor were having a big stand with alot of cool stuff, totally making me obsessed like you guys :)

I don't know the details about regulations in Norway, but i know we have some old paragraph from the 80s stopping us from importing stuff containing nicotine. So basically, we can get the equipment - I know there are several webshops in NO, and liquid without nicotine. We have to buy nicotine juice from the UK and hope it doesn't get stopped in customs.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
A lot of you are new, and probably don't realize this, but we keep a clean, work- and family-friendly forum here. Please be careful when you are posting. Any mention or discussion of illegal or illicit drugs on ECF is prohibited. Please familiarize yourself with our rules if you are not already.

Thank you! :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ation/255864-why-we-dont-allow-drug-talk.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

Sorry about that, wasn't even close to realizing I was breaking the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread