Anyone had a vape mod last for more than a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Lost Vape Drone BF DNA250C, SX Mini SL class, Vaporesso and Smoant mods I've personally used are still going strong.

They're just getting a little wear and tear on them, and that's mainly cosmetics.

Wismec, SMOK and I think Ijoy are not exactly known for lasting for long periods of time.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
All my Innokin and Eleaf mods seem to last and last. Sometimes I wish they would die so I could buy a new toy. :) My old Wismec Presa and Prime Mini also refuse to die. Aegis and Asmodus make good and reliable mods; I own two Asmodus mods: Colossal and Tribeaut and Aegis Solo, but they are newish, only 1 year old or so, so I don't know how long they will last.

But I've never owned a mod that wouldn't last at least two years.

Boudica

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Auckland. New Zealand
Yes Innokin & Eleaf, Like Katya above. I found a MVp in a old drawer, gawd only knows how old it is...years! Still had a clearomiser attached... very old Vivi Nova, wow...and gave it a hit......it still hit! OMG Mt Baker Vapour, Butterscotch in it...YES I vaped it...I am still alive lol. Amazed the internal battery has lasted this long!:banana::banana::banana:

Boudica

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Auckland. New Zealand
Six years? ;) Two of those im my Vapocalypse box. :lol: Honestly, I really want them to die...[/QUOTE

Flipping heck they made them sturdy as then eh, tough as @#%$ tee he hee. Still got the 4pronged fancy, flash USB charging things they came with, I didn't expect it to fire after all these years, held it up to my ear and pressed that button... thinking yeah/nah/ nothing will happen......OMG it did, then dared to puff away...YIPEE KAI YAY Yep they just WON'T DIE

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

ligyron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
Lake Worth, FL
I've been through a great deal of SMOK's and Wismec's. Each seems to last me a year or less before the thing breaks. The buttons seem to just stop working on the Wismec's. If you've had a mod last you longer than a year, what kind was it? Where did you get it from?
Never had ANY Regulated and only one other and it was a mech Reo Grand. I do have a Aegis "Legend" coming up on a year now.

Reactions: UNIVAPO_KEVIN

Boudica

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Auckland. New Zealand
Opps, sorry folks, wrong thread!

Disregard this... I AM in the right thread...In charge of my 3 Grandies, 7yrs, 5yrs and 1year old. Youngest one is teething and keeps climbing out of her cott and appearing in the lounge.

God give me strength!:eek::rolleyes::D

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've got 6 year old spinners that work. Haven't used them for a while though. A 5 year old iStick 40 that I still use every day. Some Provaris and Silver Bullets around the same age still used daily. The only mods that died on me were 3 Sigeleis.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Got some unregulated mods some I built myself, some go back to 2011, but nothing with a chip no matter how high end they are. I think failure is built into a regulated mod, mine usually last about month past the warranty if they came from china and 9 or 10 months for a US DNA mod.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Lots of my mods got heavy use for a while and I always seem to find another I like and buy more, especially since FDA Deeming regulations became a threat. So, my mods have generally been used heavy for a while and then intermittently as I moved bank and forth between mods. I can't remember one that just quit on me, at least not a major brand. For most people what usually happens is the battery door breaks off or a mod is dropped many times and finally quits.

Take care of a mod and it will likely last you many years. Rotate mods to distribute usage and buy backups as you find them on sale, especially since we don't know what will happen with the FDA in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread