Are any of you (Americans) stocking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DivaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
Ohio
I've been getting pretty handy about mixing my own e-liquid, making my own mods, but have to purchase cartomizers. I'm not sure how I feel about the Government shutting things down. I'm sure there will be some type of regulations, and guidelines implemented, but there is with everything any more. I wouldn't want to stock pile cartomizers. There is too much going on with improvement. After getting my order of CE2 cartomizers and finding out how much I like those, I'm already over stock with 25 regular cartomizers that I now wish were the CE2s. I actually plan on calming down my spending and watching how much I stock pile. I got a bit crazed in the beginning with the novelty of it and all. I need to focus on just what I need in order to enjoy vaping, and educating others.

jacey

Jul 18, 2010
Pennsylvania
If the FDA wins, we as ecig smokers need to gather in large numbers to redress our gov't. We need unity. Politicians are scared as hell right now because the Dems are probably going to lose control of the house. Thw tea party is getting them voted out of office...one by one.

We have to protest this as loud and peacefully as can be done. Our Gov't needs to understand that we will not go away. These ecigs are saving lives. To hell with the FDA'a rules and regulations. I was a 49 year smoker and I haven't touched an analog in over two months. Are you telling me that we are going to stand by and do nothing; were going to return to analogs and continue killing ourselves, all because the FDA has rules.

It's time to start protesting these ridiculous regulations that are causing the deaths of many, many people. The time is now!!!!

If the FDA wins, we as ecig smokers need to gather in large numbers to redress our gov't. We need unity. Politicians are scared as hell right now because the Dems are probably going to lose control of the house. Thw tea party is getting them voted out of office...one by one.

We have to protest this as loud and peacefully as can be done. Our Gov't needs to understand that we will not go away. These ecigs are saving lives. To hell with the FDA'a rules and regulations. I was a 49 year smoker and I haven't touched an analog in over two months. Are you telling me that we are going to stand by and do nothing; were going to return to analogs and continue killing ourselves, all because the FDA has rules.

It's time to start protesting these ridiculous regulations that are causing the deaths of many, many people. The time is now!!!!

Great post - and I completely agree.

We've seen VapeFests all over the country, I think if a ban happens we should hold a big one in DC.

Edit: Scratch that...we need to hold one BEFORE a ban happens.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
You're in for a great deal of disappointment.

There are far too many of us who figure they'll get around any regulations or bans.
There are far too many of us who think it can't or won't happen to us.
There are far too many of us who figure we'll get by somehow.
There are far too many of us who think we are powerless.

The bottom line, really, is that there are far too many of us doing nothing but complaining.

Add yourself to the mix of those actually doing something about all this.
There are MANY ways to help and fight.

And so far we have been very successful, but we need more and more and more and more of us fighting.
And not sitting there complaining without doing anything.

Check out the Campaigning subforum.
Check out the CASAA subforum.
Start digging in!!
:thumb:

Last edited:
You're in for a great deal of disappointment.

There are far too many of us who figure they'll get around any regulations or bans.
There are far too many of us who think it can't or won't happen to us.
There are far too many of us who figure we'll get by somehow.
There are far too many of us who think we are powerless.

The bottom line, really, is that there are far too many of us doing nothing but complaining.

Add yourself to the mix of those actually doing something about all this.
There are MANY ways to help and fight.

And so far we have been very successful, but we need more and more and more and more of us fighting.
And not sitting there complaining without doing anything.

Check out the Campaigning subforum.
Check out the CASAA subforum.
Start digging in!!
:thumb:

Truer words never spoken, guys. Just take a look at the country in general; we got where we are waiting for a knight on a white horse to come and save us all.... Ain't gonna happen.
If you're old enough to remember the sixties, you should be jumping at the chance to do it all again.
If you aren't old enough to remember, I'm sorry. But you have a chance to feel the same passion in your heart; the same sense of unity - the overwhelming sense of empowerment that engulfs you when you realize that you aren't just one in a sea of many. You are brothers in arms with thousands of people. Fight for the right to do something right. Fight for a chance to be free.

NinetyNine

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Syracuse NY
From a practical point of view, they can't ban the hardware. That's not even remotely possible, given that they couldn't effectively ban bongs and ......... pipes during the height of the anti-drug craze of the 80's and 90's. That was pre-Internet, when it was much easier to ban things also. What they can ban is the juice, but they can't ban the components of the juice because all of it beyond the nicotine is used in other industries. They can't even easily regulate it due to the massive disruption trying to treat PG,VG, flavoring, etc as a semi-controlled substance would cause to existing industries.

So, end result, worst case scenario is that they will do what they do with diet aids and go after people making false claims in ads, and occasionally butcher a sacrificial lamb to let the sellers know to keep their heads down as much as possible. States will use the FDA's disapproval as justification to railroad through laws that ban public use of e-cigs, but won't have much luck because they can't effectively word the bans to not include people exhaling air or breathing in car exhaust(as is the case in New Jersey's proposed laws). The fact that the actual science doesn't support their positions will eventually work against them.

Keep in mind that the government stops prescription drugs from coming in to the country all the time from people ordering online and having them imported. Some get caught, some get through. I'm fairly sure that they still only send a letter to the people that ordered seized packages informing them that the package had been stopped by customs. There's no real penalty involved, and that's for Vicodin or benzodiazepines. Busting someone for attempted possession of those is a losing, expensive battle, and it's even more of a losing battle for busting someone for attempted possession of a product that's sold in gas stations nationwide.

I am not horribly concerned about a FDA ban. I am concerned about local/state level bans that essentially say you can't exhale water vapor within 100 feet of a hospital, etc. Mostly because that offends my sense of logic, which is always concerning.

Hard31337

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2010
Ohio
From a practical point of view, they can't ban the hardware. That's not even remotely possible, given that they couldn't effectively ban bongs and ......... pipes during the height of the anti-drug craze of the 80's and 90's. That was pre-Internet, when it was much easier to ban things also. What they can ban is the juice, but they can't ban the components of the juice because all of it beyond the nicotine is used in other industries. They can't even easily regulate it due to the massive disruption trying to treat PG,VG, flavoring, etc as a semi-controlled substance would cause to existing industries.

So, end result, worst case scenario is that they will do what they do with diet aids and go after people making false claims in ads, and occasionally butcher a sacrificial lamb to let the sellers know to keep their heads down as much as possible. States will use the FDA's disapproval as justification to railroad through laws that ban public use of e-cigs, but won't have much luck because they can't effectively word the bans to not include people exhaling air or breathing in car exhaust(as is the case in New Jersey's proposed laws). The fact that the actual science doesn't support their positions will eventually work against them.

Keep in mind that the government stops prescription drugs from coming in to the country all the time from people ordering online and having them imported. Some get caught, some get through. I'm fairly sure that they still only send a letter to the people that ordered seized packages informing them that the package had been stopped by customs. There's no real penalty involved, and that's for Vicodin or benzodiazepines. Busting someone for attempted possession of those is a losing, expensive battle, and it's even more of a losing battle for busting someone for attempted possession of a product that's sold in gas stations nationwide.

I am not horribly concerned about a FDA ban. I am concerned about local/state level bans that essentially say you can't exhale water vapor within 100 feet of a hospital, etc. Mostly because that offends my sense of logic, which is always concerning.

I know for a fact that even with a ban, it won't stop it. For example, I personally know someone who can get all the prescription meds you want. He orders them from I believe India. He only orders for personal use, but it's just an example of being able to get things through customs that aren't supposed to be allowed. So, even if the juice is banned, obtaining nicotine from overseas sellers will still be a reality that just cannot be 100% stopped.

I heard recently that Phillip Morris has started doing some local surveys. So im thinking they are testing the market. And once they get their hands into ecigs, you know they'll pay off all the right people the whole banning thing will go away.

I'm not sure why the FDA is so anti right off the bat though. A lot of doctors are open minded.
But I think its because some people just take such offense to anything resembling smoking now. The whole ban of smoking in restaurants was for 'protection'. Which personally I don't get, because cigarettes are still legal, so the US is supposed to rely on capitalism to sort out the venue details. Like if don't want to eat or work in a smoke filled restaurant, then don't. But I'm guessing much like the health department can close down a dirty restaurant, thats the logic of the smoking ban, it's dirty...blah blah restaurants should be..ban.
But with the eig ban they are expanding their authority, which is really disturbing. And I think it's because places are just used to associating smoking with evil. Since using ecigs, look like traditional smoking, the fda like and some local jurisdictions (like NJ) have decided it's bad. But because it's harmless to others, it's really the equivalent of banning picking your nose in a restaurant, (that seems to be how disgusted some people are by witnessing the act of smoking, even though it doesn't have any 2ndhand effect) I would think this would be unconstitutional. I mean if I were the restaurant/property owner, and I told you not to, then fine. But a ban based on visual bias...yeah not a fan.

Great post NinetyNine, I agree for the most part. What could easily happen with new legislation though is a disruption of current vendors' operations. For example if selling of e-juice is disallowed, injunctions could be slapped on all companies that are selling the juice.. we would have to wait until the companies re-organize to only sell stuff thats not prohibited (e.g. hardware), and until the overseas "Vicotin-vendors" start selling nicotine juice. Then these new juice vendors would have to be tested out to determine which ones don't rip you off. During this period of re-organization prices would be higher than they are now, but in the long run prices for most supplies would return to normal..

..unless of course the FDA keeps increasing its power until it eventually owns all of the world's nicotine, at which point we will have to rely on Kevin Costner to lead a resistance faction

waterworld-kevin-costner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread