• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Are wires now considered illegal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmotty

Sep 13, 2016
Hi guys, just a update about what happened to me. Ordered some wires from fasttech couple weeks ago, (not for vaping purposes), parcel has been stuck in customs for at least 2 weeks now. I called customs and they said they sent the parcel to HSA and to check with them.

I called HSA and they said the parcel has yet to reach them, asked them if wires are illegal, and they said no but anything that is e-cig related will be disposed of. Like what the ....? Any of you encountered such nonsense before?

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Clean up the language

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
I did order some stuff like storage box and circuit board from FT without issue.

Law is a game of words mate, in sillyland our authority decide what can come in and what cannot.
Unless you have loads of spare cash to hire high end lawyer, we can't win. If one buy a "pin" and big brother think its a rifle pin, then unless you can afford lawyer or you'll end up in changi. Understood life suck here, but it is what it is on our side of the pond :-(

Reactions: chia

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
I did order some stuff like storage box and circuit board from FT without issue.

Law is a game of words mate, in sillyland our authority decide what can come in and what cannot.
Unless you have loads of spare cash to hire high end lawyer, we can't win. If one buy a "pin" and big brother think its a rifle pin, then unless you can afford lawyer or you'll end up in changi. Understood life suck here, but it is what it is on our side of the pond :-(
It is what it is mate.. all government in power all over the world does pretty much the same thing... even in the 'land of the free'.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
This isn't about justice but the law. It's a system and, for the most part, it works.

And no it doesn't take a high-priced lawyer, in this case, to clear your name. Even a lawyer can't help if you're in blatant violation of the law.

But on that note, there are a couple of sources for the expendables such as wires and cotton locally. You don't need to look overseas for that solution.

Reactions: PandaPanda77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread