Are you KIDDING ME??? Vape banned for 4th of July!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
My wife just showed me an article, stating that the good folks who run Calabassas (an upscale community in So. Cal, previous home to Justin Bieber and numerous other celebs) have decided that for this years 4th of July celebration, vapping will be banned in all locations where smoking is banned!

People who use e-cigarettes must go to those designated areas where smoking is permitted.

This is for an OUTDOOR fireworks show! I can understand banning vapping in a restaurant, at a theater, hospital, etc., but come on! Outdoors?!?

UNfrigginBELIEVABLE!

My wife, a non-smoker/vapper, said that she figured we won't be going to see fireworks in Calabassas (we recently moved to the city right next door), as I wouldn't want to go for several hours without vapping. I told her that I'd still go to see the show, but honestly, I won't be happy about not being able to vape!

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I went to my sons graduation and it was jam packed so to stealth vape I stuck a reo in a dunkin donuts cup and vaped away... shorter hits hold it in a bit then "sip" again while blowing into the cup and no one would know even if they were staring at me do it, just had to keep my hand over the little squonk hole in the side of the cup :laugh:

I'm building a mod from an old cell phone for just such situations, yeah that guy keeps chewing on his cell phone antenna, whats up with that? :p:2cool:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Take a thermos of steamin' hot coffee. Pour some in a mug and vape away!
icon_wink.gif

ETA: turbo beat me to it...
sadangelgif.gif

Last edited:

boborone

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Plano, Tx
I went to my sons graduation and it was jam packed so to stealth vape I stuck a reo in a dunkin donuts cup and vaped away... shorter hits hold it in a bit then "sip" again while blowing into the cup and no one would know even if they were staring at me do it, just had to keep my hand over the little squonk hole in the side of the cup :laugh:

I'm building a mod from an old cell phone for just such situations, yeah that guy keeps chewing on his cell phone antenna, whats up with that? :p:2cool:

I think they'd be more worried about your "cell phone" having an antenna than why you're chewing on it. It's been so long since phones had antennas people would think it's a radio.

Laylel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Victoria, BC, CA
.. at a fireworks show, for crying out loud :facepalm:
Uhm.. you know that smell that is in the air during fireworks shows? The smell of the chemicals being burned? And everybody breathes that in? But vapor.. yeah... that is dangerous... :facepalm:

Looks like that Calabassas place has reached a new level of stupidity.

Aha... and if you close enoght or wind blow on you from the guns... No, there is no clouds of that nasty smoke, sure... You can put there legion of smokers and no one will smell them because of firework smell.

Let's ban a fireworks... cars and even lawn mowers (oh god and coffeemakers), make total clean area... Or just couple idiots should pick up there's stuff and move to Amish village and start to live full of heals and nature life.

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I wouldn't go to a smoking area and breath in cigarette smoke. That stuff's poison. My APV has no poison in it. It's why I gave up poisonous smoking for non-poisonous vaping.

I might have said I'd commit civil disobedience if I wanted to attend the fireworks show in Calabassas, but I have a great deal of trouble tolerating injustice. My civil disobedience wouldn't be injustice. The police arresting me for doing it would be.

So, here I would be again, in a place I find myself more and more often these days as various levels of government act more and more stupidly about vaping rather than TAKING THE REQUISITE FIFTEEN MINUTES TO LEARN THAT THERE ARE FIVE INGREDIENTS IN E-VAPOR AND THAT NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS TOXIC. The "place in which I find myself yet again" is my daily struggle to find a logical reason to not move closer to a threshold of justifying the overthrow of my government. And no, I'm not "close" to doing that. But every time a branch of government in this country imposes an ordinance - or a private organization imposes an unjust rule with the favor of law enforcement to back up their action - that requires non-poison-inhalers to inhale poison whenever they want to inhale their non-toxic flavored water vapor, I come another inch closer. And I really don't feel wrong in that at all. I check myself often, every day, just to make sure I'm justified in this opinion. If I'm not, then someone please help me see how, because I'm just not seeing it.

Otherwise, I move the scrimmage line a bit further down the field each time I read or hear of another story of any of my country's thousands of governments - city, state or federal - or of any non-governmental group acting immorally about this very easy to understand thing called SAVING LIVES BY EXCHANGING POISON FOR FLAVORED FRIKKIN' WATER WITH CONFIRMED-SAFE INGREDIENTS IN IT. I have an I.Q. of 155 but I cannot figure out how to make stupid people not act stupidly by aggravating this frikkin' non-problem which my government uses to interfere with people who would rather inhale non-poison than poison.

I'll tolerate their ignorance for as long as I possibly can. I really will. I can muster patience long after I think I have no more. I've done it before.

I don't live in California, mind you, and I'm not going anywhere for the 4th. I'm going to take my .40 out back in the afternoon and shoot some paper targets. That'll be my "fireworks".

And I'm going to vape any rackin'-frikkin' where I please on my property when I do so.

**pounds chest and walks away**

P.S., maybe I shouldn't read these threads anymore. They instigate my anger. Not the very thoughtful ECF members who rightly point out yet more threats against people who just want to prevent themselves and others from dying sooner than reasonable, but the groups who cause the threats in the first place.

Last edited:

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Frick I am sick and tired of the Discrimination regarding smoking, and regarding vaping now. Who the hell do they think they are to not allow vaping. To even restrict something. I understand smoking.... to an extent, I am not sure about the rules for all of you. But in Vancouver, They kicked us out of restuarants... Okay, I get it. Not everyone likes to breath in smoke. Then they kick us out of Bars. Okay, same principal... Outside everywhere... fine. then they say we cant smoke within 15 feet of doors, windows, or enclosed parking spots.... That I dont get. But to a certain extent.... Cigarettes are harmful... but still why sell them if you are going to restrict them so much. And what the hell with the cost. 10-12 dollars a pack.....

Okay... now my rant on Vaping. No health risks at all... except for possible Nicotine to the user.... YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO RESTRICT US FROM VAPING.....

AT ALL.....
My Schools are allowing me to stealth vape in the Changerooms in Japan for goodness sake. No one has a right to say anything... Even the property.... If you say I can walk around with a hot cup of Coffee you should allow us to Vape, and be happy that we are not smoking and blowing that in your face.

And now the Big bad government is trying to regulate it. You know why? Not because they care about our health, No it has nothing to do about that at all. It has to do with they want to tax the hell out of something else. They think that if we are addicted to something, that they can get all the money they want because we will still need it. Money, all about the Money. If it wasnt about the money, I guarentee the government would NOT look in to it.

Okay.... rant done.

Whew.
Yes, Stealth Vape. if you do it, no one can see... therefore, ...

There are countless people who wrote threads about vaping on a plane, and how to do it in your seat, in the washroom,, etc, etc, The fine on an airplane is much higher. people still risk it... I am pretty sure you could plead ignorance and they would give you a warning anyways.

Re Rant. Its DICRIMINATION, and if you have a problem with people thinking its smoking... educate the people. EDUCATE THE PEOPLE... do not restrict us.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
.. at a fireworks show, for crying out loud :facepalm:
Uhm.. you know that smell that is in the air during fireworks shows? The smell of the chemicals being burned? And everybody breathes that in? But vapor.. yeah... that is dangerous... :facepalm:

Looks like that Calabassas place has reached a new level of stupidity.

Well, unfortunately, there is nothing "new" about that... :(

This level is becoming the norm, I'm afraid. When it comes to vaping and ideology, I start to have the feeling that we're being surrounded by idiots. Yes. Idiots. Idiots because they believe what they believe. Idiots because they let themselves be easily manipulated by "not so" hidden interests and fear-mongering. Idiots, the whole lot of them, who have lost all ability of critical thought. :(

OK, rant over...! :blush:

dchemist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Benton, Arkansas

Ok, you are officially my new hero! The coffee cup is genius and I've been looking at old lots of busted cell phones on eBay.

Yes I'm still using an S3 'cause I spent all my money on Vaping!

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
The fine is $500!

That's FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!

Still think I should stealth vape???

Nope

But then I wouldnt be going there in the first place.....on principle alone.

The 4th is supposed to be a celebration of our independence and patriotism as well as our appreciation of the values and ideals that made this country strong.

Giving in to the demands of people who want to force their agenda on the rest of us runs counter to the very spirit of the day....and what it means to be an American.

There are plenty of other places celebrating the 4th instead of supporting those who refuse to allow vaping in an open air venue of all places.

just my :2c:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread