Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
I just read it's to come in both 2mil and 4mil versions.:thumb:

" Some Ares inside info - Available in a TPD compliant 2ml version and a 4ml version. - 24mm diameter to look "right" with more of today's devices. - Slide top filling to prevent you from removing anything from the tank. - Narrow chimney for proper MTL TH & Flavor - Rounded bell for reduced air turbulence, smoothness of vape, and ease of filling. "

ETA: -> AND -> (put link below together as in copy 2nd line, click Instagram link, paste the copied 2nd line to the end in the url - forum is auto-formating/hiding the link)
Instagram
/p/BbHlyHKgCgB/?hl=en&taken-by=vapingreek

Last edited:

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Did they make any mention of the 2ml version being a 22mm tank ???...Could you post a link to the article you read...I'd love to see it...Thanks...Trig :)

If I was a betting man, I would wager the 2ml version is the 4 ml version with some sort of plug in it to reduce capacity. The plug will likely be removable as with some other tanks. That 2ml max capacity in the EU really is the dumbest law ever.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
The "fins" walling off the juice channels is something new.
Reduces juice pressure/flow into the deck for flooding control?
Also helps concentrate air flow?
And keeps the wick away from the diffuser to eliminate seepage?

I think it keeps wick tails away from the diffuser to eliminate seepage. Clever.

From Dimitris Instagram:
"- Liquid barriers to help reduce the chance or flooding of leaking when wicking."

And yeah @ScottP - probably both will be 24mm.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

" Some Ares inside info - Available in a TPD compliant 2ml version and a 4ml version. - 24mm diameter to look "right" with more of today's devices. - Slide top filling to prevent you from removing anything from the tank. - Narrow chimney for proper MTL TH & Flavor - Rounded bell for reduced air turbulence, smoothness of vape, and ease of filling. "

ETA: -> AND -> (put link below together as in copy 2nd line, click Instagram link, paste the copied 2nd line to the end in the url - forum is auto-formating/hiding the link)
Instagram

That's the same thing I read on another social media site. PB and Demi are showing them at a vape show somewhere.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
If I was a betting man, I would wager the 2ml version is the 4 ml version with some sort of plug in it to reduce capacity. The plug will likely be removable as with some other tanks. That 2ml max capacity in the EU really is the dumbest law ever.
Thanks...The page that capthook put the link up for does seem to imply the 2ml will be 24mm as well...And I couldn't agree more that the EU compliance law is just plain goofy...Trig

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
I´m actually happy the go for wide and short ... already own a pico 25 and I´m not a huge fan of those slim and tall atomizers like the kayfun V5 on a pico, too top heavy.

The deck on this looks like a winner! The screw mechanism to fix the wire look perfect!
Really wanting this...!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I like wide and short too, as far as mods, but some folks really prefer tube style setups and with the different options of 2 ml (EU compliant I guess) and 4, it would have been interesting if they'd tried the design both ways, and those wanting a wider shorter mod could go for the 4 ml (though I realize the increased ml causes increased height) maybe they tried some skinnier designs and found flavor and/or design somehow lacking.... There do seem to be some wider RTAs coming out. Who knows. I have to say the Berserker is fantastic, and that sucker is not skinny. I love the flavor, though....

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't use them thanks to their TOS. They do have awesome prices though, but I accidentally shipped to the wrong address, so they took ALL my money (and I know my stuff was returned, I talked to my old house new owners....) and refused to negotiate since it's in their TOS that if there are any errors, too bad. Which is FINE, and I read TOS NOW, but I refuse to use them as I am prone to errorz.... They do have some great prices, but even FT has better customer service (IMO). So no, I don't much care for them myself....

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The worst? If you're not in any hurry and can wait 3 weeks to get it, they often offer the best prices and have great selection.
I have been perfectly pleased with my 5 transactions. ;)

Glad to hear that. I ordered from them a couple of times and it took forever--no updates, no CS, so I gave up on them. But that was years ago, so I'm glad to hear that things have improved!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

Instagram
that looks like a massive AF under the coil for something that is supposed to be M2L. I am very confused by this thing and the design choices, particulalrly given who designed it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
MSRP $39.95?
Does it mean "made in China"?
I'll wait for a few months for reviews on FT.

EDIT: after-sought.
Siren, as I understand, is a Chinese company. Will it sue for infringement?

It is made by Innokin which is a Chinese company.

I guess it depends if Digiflavor (makers of the Siren) holds the appropriate patents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread