Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I guess it depends if Digiflavor (makers of the Siren) holds the appropriate patents.

Intellectual property rights laws (patent, trademark, copyright etc.) are not as rigorously enforced in China as they are elsewhere. ;)

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
It appears to be very Siren-esque.

We shall see.

definitely....
i was hoping the wick channels might of been narrower for something like a 3mm coil at most rather than 3-4mm like the Sirens but they do look quite large.
i do prefer the look of it though over the v2 Siren, maybe it`s an improvement or has ease of use over the 2 Sirens?......and hopefully not prone to seeping like the v1 and/or possibly the v2?
the v1 Siren is the only rta with this style of deck i`ve ever used and i`m still not sure if it`s generally this style that`s prone to seepage, quality varying from tank to tank or poor wicking etc.....but i do love the vape on the v1 Siren.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
i do prefer the look of it though over the v2 Siren, maybe it`s an improvement or has ease of use over the 2 Sirens?

There have been numerous improvement discussed in this thread.

Is there any word on when and where this tank will be available for buying? Looks like production has already started or are these all preproduction samples?
K.

Yes in production, release date Nov 24th Black Friday.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
There have been numerous improvement discussed in this thread.

yes sorry, i kind of meant it looks to have improvements but whether they/it will end up working better or it being a favourable option over the v2 Siren....time will tell....

Last edited:

BulletStopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Kentucky
Is there any word on when and where this tank will be available for buying? Looks like production has already started or are these all preproduction samples?
K.

According to Dimitri’s Facebook page, these are production and it will go on sale 24 Nov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Phil Busardo added 19 new photos — with Dimitris Agrafiotis.
November 5 at 11:53am ·

Hey guys! Dimitris has been showing the Ares deck at the show so I'm sharing it here.

- Available in a TPD compliant 2ml version and a 4ml version.
- 24mm diameter to look "right" with more of today's devices.
- Slide top filling to prevent you from removing anything from the tank when filling.
- Narrow chimney for proper MTL TH & Flavor
- Rounded bell for reduced air turbulence, smoothness of vape, and ease of filling.
- "Sky Deck" design to reduce the change of leaking or flooding when filling.
- Drop in coil deck design for ease of building.
- Liquid barriers to help reduce the chance or flooding or leaking when wicking or sitting.
- Air port diffuser to distribute the air over the coil.
- Slanted bottom to help bubbles escape.
- Single or multi-selection air hole air flow controller.
- Will include spare glass, cotton, pre-build coils and wire to build your own (Kanthal) and two different build tools to create your own coil. My more masculine build rod to make touching or spaced (what I recommend) coils and Dimitris more "training wheels" one with screw threading to make spaced coils.
1f642.png
:)
Like we've been saying. Nothing earth shattering, but it checks all our boxes for an easy to live with, easy to work with design and a very complete and all-inclusive kit.

We really hope you love it.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks, Kat! Great info!
- Air port diffuser to distribute the air over the coil.

This is the most interesting part to me. Clearly the designers are trying to get away from the plain old single airflow hole under the coil and are experimenting with different airflow delivery systems. DF Siren v1 has 7 small holes instead of one, but still a concentric shape (left), while DF Siren v2 abandons the concentric concept altogether and positions 3 small holes in a row (right), presumably to more accurately follow the shape of the heating coil. I don't have the Siren, so I'm curious how those who do feel about those two designs. So from the FB picture it looks like Phil and Innokin have chosen the concentric configuration with 9 airflow holes?

images
images

Last edited:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Additonal questions I have:
Is that "Air port diffuser" removable?
How safe is the sealing of the top cap sliding mechanism? Pocket carry safe or not?
Thanks,
K.
Yes. It's the main question for me also. Is it improvement over Siren or not at all?
Anyway, now we a stepping into a new era. Now western guys are stealing Chinese design.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Anyway, now we a stepping into a new era. Now western guys are stealing Chinese design.

Turn about is fair play.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Do unto others as they have done to you.

Take your pick.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Additonal questions I have:
Is that "Air port diffuser" removable?
How safe is the sealing of the top cap sliding mechanism? Pocket carry safe or not?
Thanks,
K.

The "shower cap" is removable on the Siren v1, and in fact, some of the earliest ones sometimes arrived without it. It was a BIG DEAL for peeps to ask vendors if they'd get one or not. :blink:

I've heard chit chat about the sliding mechanism for the fill port. Obviously, as with all things vape, there are varied opinions about how this will work and whether or not it'll be pocket/purse friendly.

My mantra: Time will tell. ;)

Well, they are all stealing from SvoeMesto, really. ;)

Before that?

Historical Timeline of Electronic Cigarettes - CASAA

Oh wow marvelous awesome, Ms. Ya! Saved! Thank you.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
The "shower cap" is removable on the Siren v1

The Siren V1 diffuser had knurling, making it easier to remove.
The pics of the Ares doesn't have knurling.
Maybe a 'strong suggestion that this is the preferred operating parameter'.
Think Phil really likes it.
(ETA: although he seemed to like the V2 3-holed diffuser even better..maybe the design decision was already final on making it V1 style)
Will it come off? Can only figure it's threaded - so yes?
Will it get knurling? Probably not? (cheaper production cost?)

Last edited:

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Thanks, Kat! Great info!

This is the most interesting part to me. Clearly the designers are trying to get away from the plain old single airflow hole under the coil and are experimenting with different airflow delivery systems. DF Siren v1 has 7 small holes instead of one, but still a concentric shape (left), while DF Siren v2 abandons the concentric concept altogether and positions 3 small holes in a row (right), presumably to more accurately follow the shape of the heating coil. I don't have the Siren, so I'm curious how those who do feel about those two designs. So from the FB picture it looks like Phil and Innokin have chosen the concentric configuration with 9 airflow holes?

images
images

I have the V1 but not the V2.
I haven't tried it with the diffuser removed, and it's hard to say what affect it has on the vape.
Seems to offer a more saturated vape as well as tighten up the draw.
In theory, it's a neat idea for providing better flavor.
But in V1, it may be the culprit for it's tendency to weep.
The top of the diffuser sits much higher than an open airhole would.
The wick is then more prone to making contact with the diffuser, causing liquid to seep down the airtube.
That seems to be the theory of part of it's weeping problem anyway.
Thus part of the apparent design decision to add:
"- Liquid barriers to help reduce the chance or flooding or leaking when wicking or sitting."

Again in theory, the V2 design would seem to be even better.
As you point out, "presumably to more accurately follow the shape of the heating coil."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread