The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Discussion in 'RTA' started by VictorC, Nov 3, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

How is he with that little guy ??

• Like Like x 3
  2. sk25411

sk25411 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Well, Gus is 4, my son will be 2 in April, and my daughter 1 in September.

Gus is a saint with the kiddos, they crawl all over him, pull his ears, smack him, take his ball. He just follows them along on his merry way.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. 52anddone

Thanks again for your posts @Brewdawg1181, I am TRULY Love'in my V3 "Plus's" (from Kat & DPL) and the V3 Mini's that I just got today in the mail from 3fvape. It was your posts that put me onto this track with what you said about the Throat Hit being better with the V3 mini's. I agree wholeheartedly in what you said.:thumbs::thumbs::thumb: I've been vaping for 3+ years and am just now trying KayFun's. I'm A little Slow, Ya Think ??:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 5
  4. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Wow, I'm really surprised that you like Kayfuns over the tanks we've been using here lately. I put all my Kayfuns away a while ago and can't see myself using them at all.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Super Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Glad it's working for you, 52. But I'm telling you, you'll be cussing me when you can no longer be satisfied with all the other nice atty's you own!;) I seriously wish I'd started with something different, so others would work for me.

I've thought of getting the plus, for more capacity - but I was afraid because it's 24mm wide, rather than 19, it wouldn't vape the same, and it'd be K5ish. Is the bell/chimney on the plus the same diameter on your plus? How does TH & overall vape compare? Looking at FT versions it seems the dimensions are pretty different, and I've learned small differences can have a big effect.

And - sorry, all, for hijacking. But to get back on track with Ares, if anyone wants to make a trade for mine, PM me!
    upload_2018-2-4_9-6-51.png

• Like Like x 4
  6. 52anddone

I'll check that for you dawg.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cirus

Cirus Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    The above is from the Hastur thread. I didn't want to derail it so I'm posting here.

I have thought about sending to Innokin, if on their dime, because this is by far the most annoying and loud tank I have ever owned (5 years). Either something is not right or it's just a terrible design/tank. My first build was about a .7-8 ohm/28g SS316L at 16 watts. This one is .5-6 ohm/26g SS316L at 19 watts. I can blow out the condensation and it will be good for a few hits but then it's back to the noise. When I rebuilt yesterday I cleaned it out and started fresh and it quickly returned. Doesn't matter where I set the airflow either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    Also, if it were the leaking issue the Ares had early on, it seems to me it would eventually come out of the air holes or get on the mod, but it doesn't. If I don't blow it out it will just be loud and obnoxious for days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    My Ares is practically dead silent. It's crazy how there are different opinions on every tank these days with this. Some find them noisy and some quiet. All my tanks develop some condensation and most of it just gets burned up falling on the oil. Is it some differences in how they are made???

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Well after 3rd tankful it started leaking at the bottom gasket took it apart washed and dried put back together and eyesight not being what it used to be with a loupe made sure bottom o-ring and top one were properly seated.
    Screwed it on nice and tight another 2 tanks vape and no leakage anywhere so far .
    Read reports on how the top cap and ot the bottom airflow ring is loose on some but luckily my airflow ring is tight and does not spin on the mod when screwing it down as well it pretty snug .
    Will update toward end of week.

If it continues to be good may get another one , my diy e-liquid is thin as water as PG content is 96% simply because vg congests me with flem.
    So the e-liquid will find its way out if things are really not tight on this tank.
    Time will tell.

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. JoAnnW

JoAnnW Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 19, 2012
    B'more MD
    My Ares is silent as well. I hate loud tanks and thankfully this one is not.

As long as my wicking (rayon) is ok, I have not had any leaking around the AF ring. As for the fill cap, I make it a habit to dry any accumulation that may be around it when I refill.

Very happy with it... and it sits nicely Jac Vapour straight.jpg on my Jac Sandstorm. :thumb:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I like the Jac.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. JoAnnW

JoAnnW Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 19, 2012
    B'more MD
    I LOVE the Jac... Sandstorm. Quality build that is immediately apparent when you first pick it up.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gnees

gnees Can't use QUOTE'S Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 31, 2014
    Telford Pa.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    After further investigation I'm pretty sure the top cap is the problem and have emailed Innokin.

16. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Variety IS the spice of vaping. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I can't even grasp the concept of vaping just one thing. That's gotta bite. :(

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  17. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Boring... Life's too short to stay with one... type of tank or mod

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Yessss folks growing up in the 60s and 70s usually love R&ROLL.Still enjoy some of those habits
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 52anddone

I got busy and forgot to answer you ricks, Sorry about that. Well, best as I can remember, Kat and DPL read that I was considering getting a KayFun V3 mini due to what Brewdawg had posted about the V3 mini had such a good throat Hit, so they just each sent a V3 Plus to me. That was a Super thing for them to do BTW. I got them both in my mail on the same day. After researching how to work with it, as I had never had a KayFun before I had to learn about it (but Kat already had a build in hers so I just used that), I filled it with juice and really liked it, Better TH than my Berserker. I think I am hooked now. I know, it seems like I'm regressing in my taste for Older vape gear. Guess it's partly because I am Truly a MTL'er, and the KayFun still works Great for that. The KayFun might be Old News to most of you, and it is Old by vape standards, but, I now wish I had got into KayFuns way before this. I now have the V3 "Plus" and the V3 "mini" and really like the vape experience I am getting from them. I have (8) or (9) Lemo V1's but could never get the draw as tight as I wanted (everything else about the Lemo V1 I really liked though), close, but not like these KayFuns. Surprises me also ricks. Weird.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    No problem at all. I used to love Kayfuns but they got too tall and they just didn't work well for me. I was a fan for several years too. They just didn't evolve enough for me. I vape just like you and I simply found that I liked shorter and wider tanks. So I moved away from them. I have a few V3 minis and a couple of Pluses that I still use to get others into vaping now because they work well for people trying to get off smoking and work the way we used to smoke.

Good Luck with your Kayfuns... I also found that some of the clones work exactly like the authentics.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1