Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Yes, where is this crazy country that made E-Cigs illegal???
Thailand. See my previous post for details. They are very serious about massive fines and jail time for vaping in this country. I only vape at home as a result. They haven't resulted to breaking down doors yet. They may get to it. The reason is all about the tax money although they make noises about health reasons and children vaping. Still there is an active underground vaping market here. Recently someone lost their car and wound up in jail because the police found a mod in the drivers car when they were stopped at one of the many road blocks. It is no joking matter here.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Thailand. See my previous post for details. They are very serious about massive fines and jail time for vaping in this country. I only vape at home as a result. They haven't resulted to breaking down doors yet. They may get to it. The reason is all about the tax money although they make noises about health reasons and children vaping. Still there is an active underground vaping market here. Recently someone lost their car and wound up in jail because the police found a mod in the drivers car when they were stopped at one of the many road blocks. It is no joking matter here.
I commented the same time you did so I edited my comment.

That's crazy and scary

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I am an American who retired early to Thailand (some 20 years ago). I had sold my company in the US and decided to move my family here since I had other business interests here. Until the vaping issue I had never really regretted the move. Now, I am down right angry about the situation but I've been here too long to consider leaving. My home is here, my grown family is here, even my dog is here. Thank God the dog doesn't vape or I would be in a lot of trouble.

So is smoking (cigarettes) allowed?

Heh. Back in the day there was great smoke-able stuff that was reputed to have come from your locale.

Insane.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
So is smoking (cigarettes) allowed?

Heh. Back in the day there was great smoke-able stuff that was reputed to have come from your locale.

Insane.
Like most of Asia smoking cigarettes here is common and without restriction except in some bars and restaurants. They tried banning cigarettes in all bars some years ago and had to give that one up. Too much push back.

The other stuff you mention used to be widely available here but not for many years. It is now a class 1 crime same as vaping. During one of the governments run by a former Prime Minister if you were caught with that stuff it was the death penalty. After several summary executions word got out and World opinion stopped that process. You don't want to be using or caught with drugs in this country. Interesting that vaping is viewed as a class 1 dangerous drug.

Molchi

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2017
Germany
Just wanted to say thank you all, received my Ares today from Fasttech and the draw seems fine, on the second smalest hole it's like my Nautilus 1 on the biggest hole, nice litty Atty.
Unfortunately i got one where the silicone insert under the Topcap is a bit too high so the Cap doesn't close completely unless u try to push down the silicone with a screwdriver, needle. And when sucking dry on it it whistles like crazy.
Never lucky :(

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Just wanted to say thank you all, received my Ares today from Fasttech and the draw seems fine, on the second smalest hole it's like my Nautilus 1 on the biggest hole, nice litty Atty.
Unfortunately i got one where the silicone insert under the Topcap is a bit too high so the Cap doesn't close completely unless u try to push down the silicone with a screwdriver, needle. And when sucking dry on it it whistles like crazy.
Never lucky :(
That silicone insert has a groove going around the middle which seats into the hole similar to a grommet.
Yours may be out of place or at worst defective .

Molchi

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2017
Germany
It sits where and how it should. The problem is that it has a slight ridge, (hope thats the right word ^^) which makes it a bit too high on the outer side. It is possible to press it down and then close the cap with much pressure, but i guess thats not how it should work :D
I already contacted Innokin, will see how they respond.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Got my Ares today. Took under 10 minutes to build it with a 2.5mm 304ss spaced coil at .50ohm. Same basic build as my Siren V2. Just requires a bit more cotton to fill those wick channels. Got a mouth full of ejuice on the first pull. Looked at it for a second and realized the bottom o-ring, the one that is supposed to go on the build deck, was not seated properly. The reason was that it had been stuck to the glass causing it to be not in perfect position. Simple fix removed it from the glass carefully and place it on the build deck in proper position.

Put it back together with the o-ring properly seated and behold...a beautiful vape. Set it on the second to the largest single hole and the draw is silky smooth. Flavor galore and I am using an 80% VG juice in TC and so far I am impressed. The super smooth draw and the flavor are immediately obvious. So far after the o-ring adjustment no leaks. We will see how it does over time. I guess I got one made after their fix. Ordered about 2 weeks ago from Fastech. Had a lot of "stuff" come in the box that I will never use like their build tools and their Kanthal coils and cotton but I can see how those things might be useful for new vapors. The draw is not going to please those looking for a super tight draw but for me it is my kind of mtl. I like the draw it is very unique and much different than something like a Siren V2. So far, happy days.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I've had my Ares for about a month or so. The draw is a little loose compared to some other devices, but it is right were I like it. I like being able to go from mtl to a restricted lung hit depending on what I'm doing. It has the right amount of adjustment in the airflow for me to get the perfect draw for either. I am really enjoying this device. Wicking is easy, never had a single drop leak on me, but the lower gasket does get a little bit annoying because it likes to stick to the bottom of the glass every time I take it apart. But with such a minor flaw, I cannot complain.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I run my ares on the (opposite side) single hole. I messed with the airflow settings last night and it can go significantly airier, but I didn't like the vape or flavor nearly as much. It's odd, I like my Siren V2 with the airholes pretty wide open, but the ares with the tightest possible airflow setting. Maybe it's the diffuser underneath, but I rather rapidly returned my Ares to the most restricted setting, which is about double the airflow (so it seems to me) than the Berserker. I really prefer the vape most closed down.

I have no idea how these things work. I should want to turn down my V2 Siren, but I don't at all (I've tried it).

Anna

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I've had my Ares for about a month or so. The draw is a little loose compared to some other devices, but it is right were I like it. I like being able to go from mtl to a restricted lung hit depending on what I'm doing. It has the right amount of adjustment in the airflow for me to get the perfect draw for either. I am really enjoying this device. Wicking is easy, never had a single drop leak on me, but the lower gasket does get a little bit annoying because it likes to stick to the bottom of the glass every time I take it apart. But with such a minor flaw, I cannot complain.
Mine is as tight as any other MTL tank. Same as my Berserker too.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Anna, I have been vaping on my Ares all day since I got it. I have the same build in it I use in my Siren V2. The Ares has loads more flavor than the Siren when you close it down. The Siren struggles to produce flavor and needs the extra airflow or it just chokes the coil. The Siren V2 is a decent mtl tank but the Ares to me seems like something special. I've read all the negative comments and it seems in this latest production they have addressed everything.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I find my Siren V2 flavorful enough but I do find without the airflow, my wick gets coiled and gunked far more quickly. Not really sure why. I so agree with you about the ares flavor being about fifty times better when all the way closed down. I love both tanks, but yeah, they are widely divergent. I did get a second ares though, I love it that much. To me it's the perfect balance between the Siren and the Berserker.... :) I will be happy when it arrives, and the more I vape mine, the more l like it.

Anna

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I've only been using my Ares in the morning, while my throat wakes up, and I prefer a "lighter" vape. Then, the Doggy Style takes over the rest of the day. It's almost completely replaced my beloved Kayfun Mini V3's.

Love the Ares tank, and it has great flavor, but I've tried a number of things to increase the TH. I've removed the diffuser and tried it- way too loose. With the diffuser removed, I used the Kanger coil grommet inserted- better, but not quite right. I tried it with both the grommet and diffuser installed - now THAT's a tight draw.

I just wish they sold an attachment that prevented all the intake air from bypassing the coil. I get the best, tightest TH with smaller coils, but it looks like that diffuser is just made for 3mm+ coils. Funny that they threaded the "air post" but don't offer options. It'd make this really nice tank much more versatile, and probably take a lot of business from those that are buying the Hastur and dealing with dumping the tank to rewick.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Also adjusting my coil, 1-2mm above the air hole for flavor when I want that, and as high as I can get it for when I want TH (which is most of the time). Anybody got any other little tricks I might also use ??

Maybe and would like to try and help, by any chances are you using kanthal wire around 1 ohm if so also what mg of nic ?
If your not using kanthal wire i would be of no help as not familiar with anything else .
Edit - years ago vaped genny's with mesh ss mesh wicks for a good while.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yup, 28g Kanthal, 6 wraps Spaced @ 1.0x Ω to 1.1x Ω and KGD wicking. I mix my juice at anywhere from 8mg/ml up to 10mg/ml, depending on atomizer being used (though right now I am using my EHpro KayFun V2L+ in tight MTL mode) or Siren V1 in R-DL, but 90% of the time my V2L+. I also use ECX Nic with 1.75% FA Flash added (for added TH) in either a Unflavored mix or, as a base for my Menthol/Mint mix (using 66% Menthol Crystals/34% PG) in a 80 PG/20 VG solution. That's all I got, and so far the best I know how to do, but still learning more as I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread