Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Does the Slice come with an 18650 adapter or is it 26650 only? If the “Black Friday” offer is still good, it’s a great price, but if I need to add in the cost of a couple of 26650s and a compatible charger...

I can't tell you if it does or not, it has been about a year since I bought my last one, but I don't think so. You can buy those adapters online at several places for a buck or two though. My Presa 100TC came with one, but really can't remember if the Slice did or not.

Reactions: stols001

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm intrigued, but just tried and don't see anyway to get the Black Friday discount. All I can manage is 2% off. Maybe I'm missing something.

The Discount Coupon is on the front page of the link I put up newyork13, I just tried it and it's still working for both the "SE" and "LE".

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
If I calculated right that is 30GA x 2 = 0.5 mm plus 0.1 mm for the outer 38GA wire. So the total diameter of that wire is 0.6 mm (22 GA) ? Does anyone know if there are other, maybe even finer/smaller Clapton wires available? That VandyVape MTL Wire is very expensive...

Yes it is expensive but then again how often do you recoil nowadays? I do it very very rarely and considering how much money I've spent on flavourings and tanks.... this is worth it.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Yes it is expensive but then again how often do you recoil nowadays? I do it very very rarely and considering how much money I've spent on flavourings and tanks.... this is worth it.

@Kusie

I got it for $6.99 w/free shipping on eBay. Still way more expensive than other wire for sure.

However, it’s already constructed, and constructed really well! I’m still on my first spool, and it’s been a few months, plus I’ve been testing with it quite a bit.

I honestly just can’t use single round wire with certain juices anymore, the flavor on these coils is that much nicer.

Using the ni80 now, first experience. Not really sure I’m seeing a difference, and I rarely use TC anyway.

The wire WILL use juice faster than single wire though.

I’m liking the 3mm ID for this wire in the Ares, and a 2mm ID in the doggy.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Thanks @sk25411 ! Unfortunately I need to change my coils quite often due to the tabocco NETs and sweet liquids I use, so that 3m might not last very long... Do you know if the VV MTL Superfine is a normal Clapton (1 core) or fused clapton (multi core)? I´ve been researching a bit for other very thin/superfine clapton wire and came up with $3.35 Authentic MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Resistance Wire for RBA Atomizers - 28/32 AWG / 0.3mm/0.2mm dia. / 9.5ohm / 5m(15ft) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping which might be a budget alternative. It´s half the price and has 5 instead of only 3 meters... Might drop a spool in the chart with my next Fasttech order.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Thanks @sk25411 ! Unfortunately I need to change my coils quite often due to the tabocco NETs and sweet liquids I use, so that 3m might not last very long... Do you know if the VV MTL Superfine is a normal Clapton (1 core) or fused clapton (multi core)? I´ve been researching a bit for other very thin/superfine clapton wire and came up with $3.35 Authentic MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Resistance Wire for RBA Atomizers - 28/32 AWG / 0.3mm/0.2mm dia. / 9.5ohm / 5m(15ft) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping which might be a budget alternative. It´s half the price and has 5 instead of only 3 meters... Might drop a spool in the chart with my next Fasttech order.
Understandable and regardless of what you buy, dry burning the coil very slowly at low wattage can clean them quite efficiently and prologue its life.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
@sk25411 says that either the Clapton's or Fused Clapton's (I'm not sure which he was referring to) wire will go thru juice faster than single wire will. That makes sense to me, given that there is more surface area for juice to vaporize. My question is, can I run it down at the 7-10 watt range, being that it is a "Fine" or "Super Fine" wire ?? I'm thinking that it might heat up quicker than the older style 24g-26g core wire did, back when Clapton's first came out, but one had to pump some watts to it just to get it to heat up at all.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
This is all getting a little OT here in the ARES thread but I have a spool of 30GA Kanthal wire that I would probably never use lying here and I heard many people praising a simple twisted wire build so I will try to DIY my own twisted wire with an electric screwdriver and see how that goes in the Ares. Two wires twister will give me a ~0.4 mm ID twisted coil (28GA) that should give very good flavour and not use so much space and juice as claptons...

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
@sk25411 says that either the Clapton's or Fused Clapton's (I'm not sure which he was referring to) wire will go thru juice faster than single wire will. That makes sense to me, given that there is more surface area for juice to vaporize. My question is, can I run it down at the 7-10 watt range, being that it is a "Fine" or "Super Fine" wire ?? I'm thinking that it might heat up quicker than the older style 24g-26g core wire did, back when Clapton's first came out, but one had to pump some watts to it just to get it to heat up at all.

I have some of their Vandyvape Superfine Clapton SS wire coming in tomorrow. Looked all over for a source and then found it from one of our "black market" sources here. Vaping is illegal here so everything is black market but there are several sources. I was very surprised to find it in country. They did not have the Ni80 version or I would have bought that also to try. I will report back after I give it a go in my Ares probably tomorrow. Any clapton wire is going to burn hotter and burn more juice than simple round wire. It is also expensive.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
My question is, can I run it down at the 7-10 watt range, being that it is a "Fine" or "Super Fine" wire ?? I'm thinking that it might heat up quicker than the older style 24g-26g core wire did, back when Clapton's first came out, but one had to pump some watts to it just to get it to heat up at all.

do you not have the premade coils that came with the Berserker to try?
they are the ni80 superfine i believe, i`d never tried ni80 at all before in any shape or form until i got the Berserker, but it is said to ramp up quick.
i tried the Berserker coils as they came (2.5mm I.D & 5 wraps) and also put an extra wrap on one of them to use on the Berserker mini and Eleaf ijust2 battery.....
without the extra wrap it fried the juice but i just about got away with it with the extra wrap on (about 0.8ohm)......with the coil as it comes without an extra wrap i put it on a pico mod and had to drop the power way down, i can`t remember what the wattage was exactly but it was around 3.2-3.5 volts i think untill it felt about right, so that would be around 15-18 watts as i think the resistance was about 0.67ohms or around 12-15 watts (probably more actually) with the extra wrap.

the SS superfine is even lower resistance.

Last edited:

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
@52anddone

I have a 6 wrap ni80, 2mm ID, .63 ohm, in as I type and read your post.

I’m vaping it @20w and it’s heaven. I dropped it down to 10w and hit it a few times to test it for you, and the ramp time is considerably longer. It was really cool, but still produced ok vapor and flavor.

I never went above 15w before, but I’ve been slowly figuring out what works for me over the past few months. These coils, either SS and now ni80, @20w have been a very very sweet spot for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread