Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
Can someone who owns the Ares, Siren V2 24mm and the berserker 24mm tell us if the bottom o-ring is interchangeable between those attys please.
I can confirm that the bottom o-rings (The one underneath the glass) is interchangeable between the Siren V2 24mm and the Berserker. I need to know if it is also compatible with the Ares.

Thanks

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
A while back I said I would be getting in some Vandyvape Superfine Clapton SS wire (their mtl line). It finally came in this morning. I wound a 2.75mm coil and just matched the length to the exact size of the opening for the slots on the build deck. I did that without regard for how that would ohm out as I was planning to try tc with it. That resulted in a 0.8 ohm build. Good enough for mtl. I guess a 3mm coil would have come in closer to 1 ohm.

The vape in the Ares with this wire is excellent. Far better than the ss round wire coil I had in there before. More flavor and more vapor. It does run a little warm so not for those who want a very cool vape. It is crazy expensive but I feel it is certainly worth the price. I will be buying more and trying it in several of my other mtl tanks. This wire is a keeper. Highly recommended and hard to get.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
A while back I said I would be getting in some Vandyvape Superfine Clapton SS wire (their mtl line). It finally came in this morning. I wound a 2.75mm coil and just matched the length to the exact size of the opening for the slots on the build deck. I did that without regard for how that would ohm out as I was planning to try tc with it. That resulted in a 0.8 ohm build. Good enough for mtl. I guess a 3mm coil would have come in closer to 1 ohm.

The vape in the Ares with this wire is excellent. Far better than the ss round wire coil I had in there before. More flavor and more vapor. It does run a little warm so not for those who want a very cool vapesi. It is crazy expensive but I feel it is certainly worth the price. I will be buying more and trying it in several of my other mtl tanks. This wire is a keeper. Highly recommended and hard to get.
Single core or fused?

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Single core or fused?
It is fused clapton ss. Very fine gauge wire and very springy. I had to use pliers to tighten it against the build tool before setting it in the build. By that I mean I gave it a pull to snug it against the tool. There is some break in period when it is new but less than a third of a tank. In the Ares it requires much less wattage than I would have expected. I am in tc but my wattage is only set to 13w. I am vaping it around 420F. At the moment I have it on a Smoant Charon and they always read low. Tomorrow I may put it on one of my dna mods to see what it really reads.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
It is fused clapton ss. Very fine gauge wire and very springy. I had to use pliers to tighten it against the build tool before setting it in the build. By that I mean I gave it a pull to snug it against the tool. There is some break in period when it is new but less than a third of a tank. In the Ares it require much less wattage than I would have expected. I am in tc but my wattage is only set to 13w. I am vaping it around 420F. At the moment I have it on a Smoant Charon and they always read low. Tomorrow I may put it on one of my dna mods to see what it really reads.
I have 30ga and 40ga SS....maybe I'll make some and try it. Since going back to mtl, I've been quite satisfied with 27 ga kanthal though. Weird, because I've been using SS for the last couple years...

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I have 30ga and 40ga SS....maybe I'll make some and try it. Since going back to mtl, I've been quite satisfied with 27 ga kanthal though. Weird, because I've been using SS for the last couple years...
I use kanthal in some rta's that don't play nice with ss. The Ares is rock solid in tc which is more than I can say for several of the rta's I have. I know that P.B. is a big fan of tc so I would have expected nothing less. The Ares is not a perfect rta but it is totally stable in tc with ss wire. I haven't found a perfect rta yet. Some get close.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I use kanthal in some rta's that don't play nice with ss. The Ares is rock solid in tc which is more than I can say for several of the rta's I have. I know that P.B. is a big fan of tc so I would have expected nothing less. The Ares is not a perfect rta but it is totally stable in tc with ss wire. I haven't found a perfect rta yet. Some get close.
I don't do TC, but I've preferred the flavor and performance of SS I mechanical squonkers. I think for mtl, the taifun gt2 is close to perfect but I'm enjoying the doggystyle and the skyline too. I didn't care for 26 or 28ga SS in any of them. 27ga kanthal just works better for me.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I don't do TC, but I've preferred the flavor and performance of SS I mechanical squonkers. I think for mtl, the taifun gt2 is close to perfect but I'm enjoying the doggystyle and the skyline too. I didn't care for 26 or 28ga SS in any of them. 27ga kanthal just works better for me.
i agree with you the doggy and the skyline are in my top five. Took me a long time to learn how to make the skyline come to life. Once I learned the secret I ordered more.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I kinda like it. It is pretty simple. But, I have put to much wick in and filled it with juice. Can't really change the wick with a full tank.

A lighter wick seems better. Maybe it is that the juice is a little thicker. Still lighter seems better.
I use a 2mm coil in mine with a cotton wick and it works great.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I use a 2mm coil in mine with a cotton wick and it works great.
I'll have to give that a try sometime I never thought 2mm would allow for enough cotton. Those wick channels are huge. I've been using 2.75mm coils. The supplied coil which I have never used is 3mm.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I'll have to give that a try sometime I never thought 2mm would allow for enough cotton. Those wick channels are huge. I've been using 2.75mm coils. The supplied coil which I have never used is 3mm.
I'm using Vandy Vape SS316L Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread