Not open for further replies.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
My 2 Ares are going back to the store!

Replacement o-rings have minimized or eliminated seepage from the AFC, but both of mine seep e-liquid from the seam between the top cap and the tank. I just initiated a return/refund request with the vendor. Would have requested replacements, but since both of them have this issue, it's likely that the replacements would too. I'll use the refund to get another tank or two that don't leak, like the Siren V2.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, at least they didn't fall apart like yesterday's newspaper. I mean yeah, I dropped one but the other one, the freaking insulator just fell out when I touched it gently.

I didn't even bother I think I was outside the warranty period but if an RTA has that kind of problems with an insulator I decided I was not sure I wanted "the fix." Etc.

Anna

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
My 2 Ares are going back to the store!

Replacement o-rings have minimized or eliminated seepage from the AFC, but both of mine seep e-liquid from the seam between the top cap and the tank. I just initiated a return/refund request with the vendor. Would have requested replacements, but since both of them have this issue, it's likely that the replacements would too. I'll use the refund to get another tank or two that don't leak, like the Siren V2.
Yeah, I loathe leaks.
Take a look at the Berserker Mini. I've never had any leakage issues with my couple. Not a drop. Plus, good flavor. I haven't tried the Berserker full size, if that's the dimension you prefer.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I loathe leaks.
Take a look at the Berserker Mini. I've never had any leakage issues with my couple. Not a drop. Plus, good flavor. I haven't tried the Berserker full size, if that's the dimension you prefer.
Based on what I've read, Berserker has a tight air flow. I'm a loose and easy kind of vaper, so that wouldn't work for me. I'm currently auditioning an SJMY Hurricane 1.3 clone- pretty nice thus far.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I think I'm about to give up on my Ares,no matter how I coil or wick this atty it eventually leaks from the top and through the bottom air holes.It's too bad too,as I really liked the vape I got from it.

I have a Beserker as well and not any type of leakage from that.
Wicking and replacing the bottom o-ring can stop the AFC seepage (bottom air holes) but I don't think there's a fix for the seepage from the seam between the top cap and tank. I had two, and also liked the vape, but I have a zero tolerance for leaking/seeping.

Depending on when/where you bought it, you may be able to return it for a refund/exchange. I returned both of mine, and the vendor gave me a hard time, claiming they tested them and that they didn't leak, but I persisted and got a refund.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I think I'm about to give up on my Ares,no matter how I coil or wick this atty it eventually leaks from the top and through the bottom air holes.It's too bad too,as I really liked the vape I got from it.

I have a Beserker as well and not any type of leakage from that.

I’m the same way, really disappointing as love the Vape, but they leak, I have 3, and one I won recently, so thought might be improved on a newer one, but no, that leaks too.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I’m the same way, really disappointing as love the Vape, but they leak, I have 3, and one I won recently, so thought might be improved on a newer one, but no, that leaks too.
    Looks like somebody has changed his tune:
    I 2nd that, I have 3 of them, and no leaking on any of them, and I just make sure tank is nearly empty before rewicking.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm not changing my tune I liked mine fine until they both broke within days of each other. Since I felt the vape was decent, but nothing spectacular, I just trashed them.

But, I will note that other than an initial early buzz with the Ares, this thread is pretty slow. I don't think that they're that popular, period.

Quite unlike the Zenith which is getting recommended all over this board to new and old MTL vapers alike.

At least they got one right. I do actually think the Zenith is stellar. The Ares is just a pale copy of better velocity style decks than the Ares, and the Ares has more issues. And, the flavor's not terrible, but if it's leaking or breaking non stop, well, "the flavor of the vape" becomes sort of secondary for me if that makes sense.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    There's a huge thread on it, it came out right around the time of the Ares, and it's another Phil/Dimitri/Innoken creation. It has drop in coils (including the first mesh coil for MTL, getting mixed reviews ATM) and a 0.8 and 1.6 coil. All around super solid construction, kind of innovative topfill, great flavor 4 ml capacity (you can also get 2 or 3 ml now if you want a smaller diameter) and the coils last forever, it's this neat thing too where the coil is actually inserted into the tank so if your threads ever get wonky or bad or bent if you drop it, you can just insert a new coil or start over. Pretty large glass window but well protected by metal but the 4 ml tank anyway, does not heat up.

Adjustable airflow although I enjoy mine wide open. It's also sort of oddly cloudy without being crazy thirsty, not quite sure how they pulled this all off but I kind of think it is the MTL tank of the year, personally.

LOL.

Anna

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    There's a huge thread on it, it came out right around the time of the Ares, and it's another Phil/Dimitri/Innoken creation. It has drop in coils (including the first mesh coil for MTL, getting mixed reviews ATM) and a 0.8 and 1.6 coil. All around super solid construction, kind of innovative topfill, great flavor 4 ml capacity (you can also get 2 or 3 ml now if you want a smaller diameter) and the coils last forever, it's this neat thing too where the coil is actually inserted into the tank so if your threads ever get wonky or bad or bent if you drop it, you can just insert a new coil or start over. Pretty large glass window but well protected by metal but the 4 ml tank anyway, does not heat up.

Adjustable airflow although I enjoy mine wide open. It's also sort of oddly cloudy without being crazy thirsty, not quite sure how they pulled this all off but I kind of think it is the MTL tank of the year, personally.

LOL.

Anna
    So Zenith not an RTA? The drop in coils are coils and wick? Not for me. Haven't done that prefab stuff since the EVOD days!

• Agree
    Reactions: sorrynomore

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Looks like somebody has changed his tune:

Yep sure did, one of them I had replaced due to leaking from the top cap, but all the 3 of mine started leaking from airflow after some use, tried changing o rings, but no luck, I hope they do a V2 that address the problems, as really did like Vape from them.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I hope they do a V2 that address the problems, as really did like Vape from them.
    I agree, but how hard would it have been to do some serious beta testing on this tank? What a waste of everybody's time and money, including the designers and Innokin.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have the Beserker, Ares, and the Siren 2. All are OK, but weren't enough to make me stray from the Kayfun v2. The DoggyStyle is the first mini tank that has kept my attention (for the last two weeks) and I'm still vaping the Doggy with short excursions back to the KF2 for comparison. So far, the Doggy Style is a keeper. It might eventually get more vape time than the KF2.

I have 3 more Doggys in the loop somewhere between China and the USA. 6 Days after order it's been accepted by EMS in China and no more notifications since. It will pop up in a day or two in LA and a couple of days later it will hit my mailbox.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well @magicmyst you DID ask. LOL. I happen to enjoy RTAs and drop in coils. IF however, the Ares were even HALF as good as the zenith we'd all be still sitting around talking about it. Unfortunately for YOU the win of this pair of tanks was the Zenith in a big way.

That doesn't mean you HAVE to buy one though.

Anna

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    Wicking and replacing the bottom o-ring can stop the AFC seepage (bottom air holes) but I don't think there's a fix for the seepage from the seam between the top cap and tank. I had two, and also liked the vape, but I have a zero tolerance for leaking/seeping.

Depending on when/where you bought it, you may be able to return it for a refund/exchange. I returned both of mine, and the vendor gave me a hard time, claiming they tested them and that they didn't leak, but I persisted and got a refund.

Well I've tried and tried...long wicks ,short wicks,thick and thin wicks,tried different coil diameters,swapped 0 rings out too.I even went as far as sticking an 0 ring under the diffuser cap to see if that'd stop the leaking.Once or twice I thought I'd nailed it BUT after a bit of time the seeping started.

I bought the Ares ~ April this year sooo The warranty ship has already sailed.

I'll just keep on using what don't leak for me...my Kayfun Lite clones and Beserker,next time I'm at my local Vape shop I'll grab another Beserker. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Well I've tried and tried...long wicks ,short wicks,thick and thin wicks,tried different coil diameters,swapped 0 rings out too.I even went as far as sticking an 0 ring under the diffuser cap to see if that'd stop the leaking.Once or twice I thought I'd nailed it BUT after a bit of time the seeping started.

I bought the Ares ~ April this year sooo The warranty ship has already sailed.

I'll just keep on using what don't leak for me...my Kayfun Lite clones and Beserker,next time I'm at my local Vape shop I'll grab another Beserker. :)

The SXK Doggy Style is $11 at Fast Tech with free shipping. If you like Kayfun and Beserker, you'd like the Doggy Style. It's easy to fill and maintain and is a great flavor atty. I think it edges out my Kayfuns and the Berserker for flavor.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    The SXK Doggy Style is $11 at Fast Tech with free shipping. If you like Kayfun and Beserker, you'd like the Doggy Style. It's easy to fill and maintain and is a great flavor atty. I think it edges out my Kayfuns and the Berserker for flavor.
    And..... THEY DON'T LEAK!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread