As Seen on TV Informercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
I was just watching a show on CNBC about the "As Seen on TV" informercials and it got me thinking. What if we could make one (infomercial) and had it televised nationally? I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of the US population is STILL unaware of ecigs, or at least doesn't know much (if anything) about them.

As far a company to be directed for purchases? Well, I am sure no single ecig supplier could afford the informercial on their own, but if we pooled our money together, the one that puts in the most could get the brunt of the business and direct a % to the others.

My purpose for this idea isn't to generate sales for this or that supplier, but to EDUCATE our population about ecigs, and (hopefully) help fight the FDA and proposed ban. If a large % of smokers learn about ecigs, and convert, that is a HUGE amount of support for ecigs, and I believe would be harder for the FDA or government to ban our beloved ecigs.

Thoughts?

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
AMAZING idea. But, I'm sure any company that would adopt the idea and products would screw it up for everyone. (Purposely or not, I don't know) Call me a downer but everyone I know that's bought something from a tv commercial has had some terrible problems with shipping and the company replacing defective parts and whatnot. But if the suppliers from ECF could somehow make it all their own that would be one damn amazing idea and think of all the lives we could save! And not only that, it would sure scare the big tobacco and our crappy government that so many people gained knowledge of this life saving product in such a short time. I would think (and hope) that would have some influence on reversing their decision to ban them.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Well, it doesn't have to be a 'selling' informercial, it could just be a informative commercial, like a PSA, with links to here for more information or to other suppliers.

I think it would either do as Bert says, or the opposite, but it would make one or the other happen real fast. Like popping a zit instead of letting nature take it's course. :)

mikecyber

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Egg fryingly hot Florida
I'd like to see it get aired to a small locale, like a test group. And the resulting data.
Another idea might be designing an online ad campaign, to combat all the scammy ads.

Also, how about designing and distributing informational packets, including hardware, to brick and mortar tobacco shops. If they knew there was a real, quality, product out there they might offer it to their customers. Informing the smoking public is something that needs to happen. If there are more of us, the louder we'll be.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Actually I have already seen TV commercials for Smoke Assassin and radio commercials for Smoke51 (those free trial kits that are rip offs). This is what got me to look into electronic cigarettes to start with, plus I wanted to quit analogs. I used google and ended up looking around here within a week. Within two weeks, I quit analogs and have turned a few other friends that are smokers onto them that have also made the switch. That was back in December. The visibility has also brought unwanted attention to it though IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread