YNN contacted me and want to use my story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Thanx all! I was not nervous at all and all the things I wanted to be sure and get straight were right there in my mind. I forgot nothing. I have to say that I was worried before she came that I would get all nervous with a camera pointing at me. I pretty much just talked to her rather than the camera.

Makes me feel good to score a point in the fight of the ban. I hope it makes others want to look into it and stop smoking as well. I am, after all, a newcomer to this vaping scene

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Awesome!

You did great. I wish they had given your story more than 2 minutes of air time, but what can you do about that besides keep on trying.

This is a great thing you have done. It's something we all need to do. What better way to get the good word of PVs out than through local media?

yes especially when they shot almost an hour of video!!!!!

I emailed the news director who I have been in email contact with and thanked him for giving me the chance to tell my story:

Ron,

thank you for giving me the opportunity to present what I know about the e-cigarettes. The story was good. I do take issue with what that woman at the Broome Co. tobacco control office said. I would challenge her to show me where the “other toxins besides nicotine” are. I could make a small batch of the “e-juice” right in front of her. I would bring 3 items. One bottle of pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol, one bottle of pharmaceutical grade nicotine liquid, and one bottle of food grade flavoring. If it is in the propylene glycol, then the FDA has approved us getting toxins in our meds (it is used as a carrier of drugs that do not mix with saline solution for intravenous use as well as in our cough medicines and cold remedies). If it is in the nicotine then the FDA has approved it with toxins for use in the nicotine gum and the patch. If it is in the flavoring then we are getting toxins in the foods that are flavored with these flavorings. But she said “besides the nicotine” so it cant be in that. As usual, it was a person who is ignorant to the wealth of information that is available from universities and studies that have been done so far ( I have read of 3 university studies). She is a follower of the FDA. All that the FDA says is gospel in her opinion. The FDA is protecting where the funding comes from. They will not bite the hand that feeds them, the pharmaceutical industry as well as the tobacco companies who they also regulate. Yes, the nicotine does contain nitrosamines. But, as I stated, they are at or lower than what are found in the gum and the patch.

The issues that need to be addressed are the labeling of the bottles of E-juice. They need to have certain things on them. All are not labeled the same now (I have bought from 2 different sources). They already have child resistant caps just like all meds do today. I also had said that there are small start-up companies who are making the devices here in the US. So, not all are coming from China. And the liquid, or juice as we call it, is ALL made here in the US with pharmaceutical grade and food grade ingredients. Only the cartridges that come in the start-up kits contain juice made in China. Not all things from China are bad. If we were to clean our homes and cars of all the things and parts made in China, we would have empty homes and cars that we could not drive.

I do place my trust in the information put out by some well known organizations and universities and that is why I have felt safe using this product. And after two months, I see nothing bad in my health. I have seen many improvements. You will not find any stories of anybody going to the emergency room or hospital with ill effects from the use of e-cigarettes. Look! I have found none and do not think you will find any either. So, I fail to see why there is all the “panic” these people are spouting. The courts have said that all the issues that the FDA is harping about can be addressed by regulating these as tobacco products. So, like me, you should be asking the question, “What is really going on here?”.

I assume you are a smart man being in the position you currently hold. Read between the lines. The evidence is there to be found.

Thank you,
Gary

and he answered:

Hi Gary…thanks for the note and for doing the story with us. I’m glad you liked it despite the caveats you cite below. We’ll continue to follow this, and will keep all of what you say below in mind. I would characterize the story yesterday as a step in the right direction toward covering what is obviously a complex issue with a lot of different opinions; and as you accurately point out, a general lack of information on the subject.

Ron Lombard
General Manager & News Director
YNN – Central NY / Northern NY / Southern Tier

Cee_Jay

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Rochester NY
I posted a letter to the Broome County Health Dept ( cedwards@co.broome.ny.us ) director pointing out those same inconsistencies. One would think the Tobacco Control Coordinator would be better informed.

They favor a 'smoke free' county similar to the NYC park situation. Getting all smokers converted to PV's would achieve that. :)

Last edited:

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I got more ink for my printer today! So, I am back in action. I am planning on talking to my senator as well and giving him some info. That is, if he will let me see him for a chat. I may wait and see if this bill makes it to the point of getting to the senate for a vote though.

With all the people contacting these representatives, the assembly vote may go in our favor and kill the bill there. (am I being unrealistic?) I never did get involved in anything political before......but this fight seems to be the right thing to do and I could not just sit back and let others do the work.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I'm still chuckling over the juxtaposition between your factual statement concerning the minute particles of carcenegeons (sp) which is also found in every patch and stick of nic gum with fda approval and the film clip of that Drama Queen expressing how there are carcenegeons .... That reporter did an excellent job!!! Bravo to her an you both!!!!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And I'd like to add one more thought...

It wasn't long ago we would kill for any kind of positive exposure, which I think this is.
Does anyone else see what I think I'm seeing?

We seem to be getting a foothold now, and a foothold is what you need to take the next step upward.

So let's keep digging those feet in.
And keep looking upwards, for what our next step should be.
:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread