YNN contacted me and want to use my story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Like I said, I hope they do not edit out the good stuff. I even demonstrated how the bottles of juice have child-proof caps (at least where i get mine). She shot so much video it would be hard to cram into a short news blip.

But, I got my story out about how I have not had a cigarette in almost 2 months. And the questions she asked opened the door for me to insert some good info. And she did take all the info I had printed for her. I had maybe 4 short articles printed
couple pages each. As well as the position statement from CASAA.

I also told her they can contact me if they need more info (IE: links and such) they have my email and phone number

Last edited:

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Excellent! And tell me, how long has the cat been vaping?

LOL I love that picture so I had to use it (slightly modified of course ;) )

That is my ex-wife's cat when he was stil a kitten and he seemed to yawn ALL the time. I captured him in mid-yawn. I just photoshop'ed the image and airbrushed the vapor.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I just watched it. They are still kind of negative in my oppinion. Makes it look like we do not know what we are talking about. Typical media "pick and choose" as to what they want to put out. I had even shown how the bottles have child resistant caps. And told her what exactly is in the juice. Wish I had not said I would do the interview now......

I look like an old fart!

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I had also stated that the juice we buy is ALL made here in the USA! That was not put in. Instead she made it sound like all of the products come from China! I also told her that there are people starting to make models of ecigs here in the US. Yes, what I said was good. I just wish it (the story) had been more positive. I could choke that lady who seems to worship the FDA! Spouting the same crap they put out.

Last edited:

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Bravo! :thumbs:

It was a very well rounded piece. The only real bad part was in her reporting. Just after showing the same nicotine (containing nitrosamines) is in the FDA approved products, she inserts the bit with that soundbite regurgitating hag who said there is cancer in e-cigs. :facepalm: Bad reporting, or maybe just lack of experience. All in all, it was a piece that may make a few people think. Seeds don't produce fruit over night. First they have to grow inside somebody for a while.

You should charge FSUSA for a nice product shot too. (>_>) :laugh:

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Yes, I had to watch it a couple times to see that it really is not all that bad. I would challenge that hag to show me where the "other toxins besides the nicotine" are. I would take the materials and mix some right in front of her! Pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol, pharmaceutical grade nicotine, and food grade flavoring. If the toxins she speaks of are in the glycol, then the FDA has approved them in our meds!!!!! And if they are in the food grade flavorings, then we are eating them! Another person who does not know a darn thing and is talking out her ....!

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Gary, it was beautiful. I love that song, and you sounded great! Here is something to keep in mind. People tend to read the first three paragraphs of newspaper stories before their attention wanders. It is often the same with a story delivered on TV news. The story was 80% positive, and the negative stuff that the reporter is forced to insert to prove that the story is "balanced" was positioned near, but not at, the end. The ending brought everything full circle, back to your song.

The reporter did not see the disconnect between you mentioning that "nitrosamines" are found in FDA approved patches and gums and then showing the woman claiming some tests have found "carcinogens" in e-cigs. The reporter probably did not understand that the "carcinogens" mentioned by the soundbite regurgitating hag (SRH) is the same chemical you were talking about.

The "toxins" the SRG mentioned is a regurgination of the FDA Press Release that made a big deal about a non-toxic amount (0.01 milliliters) of diethylene glycol in one of the 18 carts tested. To calculate the number of 1- ml cartridges required to be consumed in a single day to reach a fatal dose of DEG, multiply your weight in kg times 100. (To convert your weight to kg, divide the number of pounds you weigh by 2.2.) Example for 180 pound adult: 180 / 2.2 = 81.818 Multiply by 100 carts = 8,182

Dr. Siegel's article mentioned that no other lab has detected DEG in liquid and that even the FDA did not find any in the vapor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread