Ask IMAGINE & S_Steve - Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
Imagine, I am tired of having to get my pre-filled cartos from other suppliers. I am a big Smokelessimage fan, but am disappointed in the selection of flavors and nicotine level. Other suppliers of KR808 devices have higher Nic and different flavors available, so when is SI going to? Just wondering? It would really help me and others, and give SI more business I would think. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
More Flavors are a definite possibility this year :)

As far as the higher nic levels. That is not something that is in high demand or carried by the majority of ecig companies. I know it is not the answer you want to hear, but unfortunately it is not something we are going to be carrying in the immediate future. That level of nicotine is very high and may not be suitable for the average user.

That being said you can fill our cartos with any nicquid you want :p

Imagine, I am tired of having to get my pre-filled cartos from other suppliers. I am a big Smokelessimage fan, but am disappointed in the selection of flavors and nicotine level. Other suppliers of KR808 devices have higher Nic and different flavors available, so when is SI going to? Just wondering? It would really help me and others, and give SI more business I would think. Thanks! :)

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
I am glad that more flavors are a possibility, but I respectfully disagree with you about the nicotine level. Two other vendors of KR808 devices sell 30mg+ eliquid in pre-filled cartos. As far as its "suitability" for the consumer, it is their choice. I notice a lot of new faces that appear, but old ones leave as well. I know I can fill the blanks with whatever juice I want to, but I guess I am better off just shopping somewhere else where my concerns are given due consideration. Thanks-

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I am glad that more flavors are a possibility, but I respectfully disagree with you about the nicotine level. Two other vendors of KR808 devices sell 30mg+ eliquid in pre-filled cartos. As far as its "suitability" for the consumer, it is their choice. I notice a lot of new faces that appear, but old ones leave as well. I know I can fill the blanks with whatever juice I want to, but I guess I am better off just shopping somewhere else where my concerns are given due consideration. Thanks-

Smokeless Image is a relatively young company that has concentrated on producing and improving on the KR808 battery and its necessary accessories, while offering an assortment of basic flavors. I personally don't think a 'one stop shop' actually exists. I buy and like a few of SI's juices, but get the majority from vendors who concentrate on liquids. What I fear is that if SI bends to the will of some who want them to expand their liquid offerings, they will not be able to keep up their work in the hardware department.

Because they have been paying so much attention to the hardware, they were first to come up with the sealed auto, a very big improvement in this style battery. I for one am very satisfied with what I buy here and what they don't have I buy someplace else. No one company can satisfy everyone all the time; the successful company strives to satisfy most of the people most of the time.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
Smokeless Image is a relatively young company that has concentrated on producing and improving on the KR808 battery and its necessary accessories, while offering an assortment of basic flavors. I personally don't think a 'one stop shop' actually exists. I buy and like a few of SI's juices, but get the majority from vendors who concentrate on liquids. What I fear is that if SI bends to the will of some who want them to expand their liquid offerings, they will not be able to keep up their work in the hardware department.

Because they have been paying so much attention to the hardware, they were first to come up with the sealed auto, a very big improvement in this style battery. I for one am very satisfied with what I buy here and what they don't have I buy someplace else. No one company can satisfy everyone all the time; the successful company strives to satisfy most of the people most of the time.

As far as hardware goes, they are not the only ones who offer a horizontal coil, if that is what you are referring to. I shopped SI because they were adaptable to their customer's wants and needs. For someone who use to smoke 2ppd, I find anywhere between 30mg - 36mg is very satisfying, and I am sure (I know) that I am not alone. As for hardware, there are several vendors out there. They might not offer the same things initially, but will catch up, as it all comes from China anyway. I have been a very loyal SI customer and have steered a lot (countless) newbies to SI. That all ends today.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
As far as hardware goes, they are not the only ones who offer a horizontal coil, if that is what you are referring to. I shopped SI because they were adaptable to their customer's wants and needs. For someone who use to smoke 2ppd, I find anywhere between 30mg - 36mg is very satisfying, and I am sure (I know) that I am not alone. As for hardware, there are several vendors out there. They might not offer the same things initially, but will catch up, as it all comes from China anyway. I have been a very loyal SI customer and have steered a lot (countless) newbies to SI. That all ends today.

I was actually referring to the batts and cartos. While I'm aware there are other vendors who sell the same type batt and carto I like SI's prices, quick processing for delivery and their great customer service.

I'm really sorry you feel that way, Retriever. But I understand where you're coming from. I also smoked 2 ppd, but was lucky that 24mgs was strong enough for me and that I can now use 18mgs. I still have to smoke that one token cig a day, but it has nothing to do with nicotine; it's a mental issue about the ritual aspect I have to cope with.

I really wish you would stay with us. Your bright 'good mornings' are always a welcome sight. Perhaps you might think about this for a while.

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas
SI has always given due consideration to our request. Very rarely are we giving a straight out "no". I would imagine that their reasons for doing so now are valid ones for them. Any company would be chasing their tail if they were to comply with the demands of every single customer. I'm sorry this request hasn't worked out for you.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
In the very beginning Imagine told us that SI would be focusing on hardware - and they then introduced the first "sealed" auto. It has probably been copied by others now, but they did it first. According to Imagine, their reasoning is that there are sooo many other outfits that produce nicquid and do an excellent job of it. In my opinion, their batteries and cartos can't be beat.

They have honored our requests for an amazing variety of battery colors and even requested our opinions for what we felt would constitute the perfect PCC. They gave us skins and removable diamond caps and stealth caps and a variety of rubberized drip tips. I've never seen a supplier so receptive to our input or so gracious with customer service.

I would miss you terribly too Retriever. :(

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
SI has always given due consideration to our request. Very rarely are we giving a straight out "no". I would imagine that their reasons for doing so now are valid ones for them. Any company would be chasing their tail if they were to comply with the demands of every single customer. I'm sorry this request hasn't worked out for you.

I don't expect SI to "chase their tail" as you put it. I just expect that they would consider doing what several of their competitors have already done. As far as being sorry that things didn't work out - don't be. There are alternatives.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
In the very beginning Imagine told us that SI would be focusing on hardware - and they then introduced the first "sealed" auto. It has probably been copied by others now, but they did it first. According to Imagine, their reasoning is that there are sooo many other outfits that produce nicquid and do an excellent job of it. In my opinion, their batteries and cartos can't be beat.

They have honored our requests for an amazing variety of battery colors and even requested our opinions for what we felt would constitute the perfect PCC. They gave us skins and removable diamond caps and stealth caps and a variety of rubberized drip tips. I've never seen a supplier so receptive to our input or so gracious with customer service.

I would miss you terribly too Retriever. :(

Rave,

SI DOES have good batteries and cartos, but their cartos are simply Kanger horizontal coils and their batteries are 280-320 mAh - which you can get at a lot of vendors. As far as all the "bling" that they have come out with, I don't really need all of that - when it comes down to performance, which is what matters most to me. As far as the pcc - wasn't it just a short while back where I saw all the complaints about the new pcc? Apparently they didn't field test it enough, which isn't rocket science. I don't think my request is out of line and I will not back off of it. I feel that I have personally helped SI to grow by referring many who post to their products. Now I have a simple request that they will not honor. I take it personally, and I really don't think it is a "business decision". I just don't think they want to do it. Fair enough.

I will miss you too Rave. You (and Lexi) rock! :)

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
We are of course very sorry to disappoint anyone. I hope you do not take it personally. We of course want to do our best to make ALL customers happy.

This decision has come down from the owners. It was made a long time ago in regard to what SI felt was a good step in self regulation by limiting the nicotine to 24mg. Other Companies do sell higher nic levels and we are aware of that, of course it is their option at this time to sell it, and we understand that we might be loosing business for customers who buy it elsewhere. It is just something SI did not feel comfortable selling.

We apologize for any hard feelings. We truly do, and we hope you can understand where we are coming from.

Also just to confirm we do not use Kanger as our manufacturer.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
We are of course very sorry to disappoint anyone. I hope you do not take it personally. We of course want to do our best to make ALL customers happy.

This decision has come down from the owners. It was made a long time ago in regard to what SI felt was a good step in self regulation by limiting the nicotine to 24mg. Other Companies do sell higher nic levels and we are aware of that, of course it is their option at this time to sell it, and we understand that we might be loosing business for customers who buy it elsewhere. It is just something SI did not feel comfortable selling.

We apologize for any hard feelings. We truly do, and we hope you can understand where we are coming from.

Also just to confirm we do not use Kanger as our manufacturer.
Just goes to show, you can please some of the people some of the time...

Just so you know, Imagine, there are [maybe quite] a few of us here that agree with this decision. 36mg would be detrimental to an overzealous newbie (your initial target audience, right?), and since a lot of us eventually end up vaping more than they smoked, it could pose a serious health risk as well (nic poisoning). Plus, yeah, it would be another product line, and I would rather you keep adding onto the hardware.

...and I have used other brands of horizontal coil cartos, and no, they're not all created equal...

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
should be about a week... the valentines day sale cleared us out
Imagine, when will you be getting in 18mg of RY4 liquid ? I always seem to need it when you are out of it! I am really on limited funds at the moment so I really don't want to buy the cartos or buy some from another vendor to tide me over.

tryagain

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2011
Western PA
It sure did. I placed an order that day too, no RY4 l18mg liquid then either! I did however get my son started on the Volt. Yeah! He is a menthol smoker so I got him the Icy Menthol and he loves it. I had to order cartos for me. Oh well. I'll check back next week. Thanks.
should be about a week... the valentines day sale cleared us out

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Quick question, Imagine. I have a wall adapter from another vendor. Is it okay to use it with my Volt? I don't wanna chance burning out the batt. Wall adapters were mentioned here, but I didn't see if it addressed that specific issue. thanks!
Imagine wannabe, here...Ron, you can use any USB wall adapter (they're pretty standardized at 500 ohms), but the USB dongle though, you should use SI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread