Ato-miser Nhaler: First Impression and Semi-Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres no coating applied to these wires the shiny finish is how they look. but there will be a metallic taste before they are burnt in. same thing with a regular atty. maybe more so with these if the atty is larger. im geussing they will have to be "seasoned" a bit before they taste right. these are nickel and chromium alloy wires they shouldnt need any protective coatings.

Nichrome Wire this is where you can find the wire, i think they even have tutorials on making heat elements, could come in handy. also the silica rope can be found pretty easily online, but you can buy it in a wood burning oven door repair kit from home depot. the silica rope is used as a seal for the door. i think it comes in 20ft lengths for about 25$. still a good deal.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
theres no coating applied to these wires the shiny finish is how they look. but there will be a metallic taste before they are burnt in. same thing with a regular atty. maybe more so with these if the atty is larger. im geussing they will have to be "seasoned" a bit before they taste right. these are nickel and chromium alloy wires they shouldnt need any protective coatings.

This was more of statement right? Agree on all points the wires blacken up after being used.

yeah lol im just a newb when it comes to forums. I was directing that comment to NOMOREASH. He mentioned a protective coating on the wires. I may be wrong, but there should not be any coating on nichrome wire. It doesnt need rust protection because made for the purpose of being stain resistant.it just has a very shiny finish from the factory. however if im wrong then everyone should pre fire the wire, then clean the soot and residue off, before rebuilding an atty with it. I will definatly do some research on this and get back to all with an answer, being that this would be a major health and safety issue.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
yeah lol im just a newb when it comes to forums. I was directing that comment to NOMOREASH. He mentioned a protective coating on the wires. I may be wrong, but there should not be any coating on nichrome wire. It doesnt need rust protection because made for the purpose of being stain resistant.it just has a very shiny finish from the factory. however if im wrong then everyone should pre fire the wire, then clean the soot and residue off, before rebuilding an atty with it. I will definatly do some research on this and get back to all with an answer, being that this would be a major health and safety issue.

cool you should try asking on this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...first-impression-semi-review.html#post2473197. It's the same review of mine, but on the suppliers forum.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

I'm almost positive it doesn't I should have worded it better. Was just trying to make the point of it needing to be burnt in, seasoned, burn off or whatever is happening. I was thinking of going over them with a lighter first but I don't know if that would make them to brittle to work with. I'm hoping to receive them before the weekend but with the recent storms they seem to be moving very slowly through the postal system.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm almost positive it doesn't I should have worded it better. Was just trying to make the point of it needing to be burnt in, seasoned, burn off or whatever is happening. I was thinking of going over them with a lighter first but I don't know if that would make them to brittle to work with. I'm hoping to receive them before the weekend but with the recent storms they seem to be moving very slowly through the postal system.

I just make my first vape at 6v (to burn, season it quickly) and if I need to lower it down because I'm doing a sweeter juice I proceed to. I was getting impatient to try make a new higher resistance atty so I broke down my 2.4 one, which was still working great and was able to build on the first try a 3.0 ohm atty. Drew is right as long you make sure the thin portion, which is the actual gauge of the wire is fully used you should get the desired ohm rating. Now that I'm thinking I wonder if should have kept the wick and wire, cleaned it a bit and just saved it to try later because nothing broke off when I unscrewed it from the atty base. Hmm may have to look for that zip lock bag I used to throw away the wick and wire :laugh:

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
Got em in and made my first one. Turned out to be 3.8ohm. I guess I need to watch the video again unless I want to vape at 8 volts. The draw to me is right there with a 510. It's got 2 air holes the look to be the same size as the 510.

Hit that at 6v+ if you don't want to break it down. Should work okay :) vaped some caramel popcorn all day at 2.4 and It delivered just the right flavor at 3.7v. I had to stop at night because I got caramel popcorn overdose. i found my other prewrapped coil in a ziplock bag that I was about to throw away. Screwed it back into the ato-miser and it fired up just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread