The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Introducing the Ato-Miser rebuildable Atomizer for that little Miser in all of us!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Drewsworld, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VPJUNKIE510

VPJUNKIE510 Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2010
    Well I got this atty smoking out the room and bursting with flavor , as much as I prefer 901 this attys gives me the flavor plus vapor as a 901 with the draw of a true 510 very impressed

2. VPJUNKIE510

Sep 4, 2010
    [​IMG]

sorry bout the bad pic but this looks great on my galileo

3. Denich

Denich Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    How did you mod it? chop the top off?

And just a general few questions

Whats the wick made of? silica?
    Is the top plastic? if it is, how are the threads holding up on it?

Im thinking of getting one to use with my not-yet-here SB and if i can redo the top to accept it a drip on demand kit from madvapes (if they can ship it to me :( )

Drew, any plans for a V2? maybe an all metal one that accepts drip tips?

Thanks

4. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi,
    The top is Delrin, The wick is silica...I actually never thought of the drip tip option , just because the tip is so big and drip freindly already, so I will have to talk to my shop and see what they say....Thanks
    Drew

5. VPJUNKIE510

Sep 4, 2010
    I like the size hole in the cap already and for some reason I like the silica wick better then all the other wick I have .
    A cap that allows personal drip tips would be nice but its no big deal.

6. Creniker

Creniker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    All i did was dremal the top wider to fit a drip tip. The only reason I did it is for me it was more comfortable. Btw just a couple cleaning tips Ive come up with to keep this thing shining. I do this at night before bed and it only takes about two min. Take the top off and do a dry burn until the wicks are nice and white. Then I take a paper towel and do a quick dry of the inside of the cap. I find this keeps the liquid from running down the sides and leaking out the air holes. Its not completly nessicary but for me it has helped keep this thing opperating smoothly. I also went with a very simple wick solution. I did a simple coil and was aiming for about 1.7ohms and got 1.6 so not too bad. Then I cut the wicks completly off to the point where the barely go over the sides. For some reason this wicks the best for me and keeps it from building up any liquid on the farthest end of the wicks. Let me know if any of these tips work for you. I will post a pick of the simple wick solution soon.

7. Creniker

Creniker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    ]

I also just tried my modded top with a drip on demand and it works.

8. Jorad

Jorad Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    I'm having really bad results with my ato-mizer. Is there any tips you can give? For some reason I can't get anything above a 1.5 ohm coil on there and it's just vaping really poorly on my Darwin. I would expect that it would work well but it seems even a boog cartomizer is out performing it easily.

9. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Check pout these videos...This is one and you will see 2 right beside it...The wick and wires configuration takes some experimenting...Also watch where the wick is lined up with the holes in the cap.
    Ato-Miser Tutorial #1 - YouTube

10. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    These are back on the site with all the accessories also back in stock. Thanks everyone for being so patient.
    Drew

11. dragonlover

dragonlover Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2011
    chicopee ma
    Possible silly question here. A friend of mine gave me one of your ato-miser and the mg of juice I first put in it is WAY to strong!!! Talk about TH HOLY CRAP! Anyways-can I just rinse the wick and coil off and try some lower mg nic or do i have to build a whole new one?

Thanks

12. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    I have no experience with the Ato-Miser, specifically, but you should have no trouble rinsing it :)

13. dragonlover

dragonlover Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2011
    chicopee ma
  14. Vapor Fiend

Vapor Fiend Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Cali4nia
    Awesome dude. I want one. Sick tattoos btw

15. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks....For those that don't know the Ato-Miser screws directly onto the Xhaler and XSHaler (X small) and works great. I will be doing a video this weekend for people to see how to do it. I also have some new pre-wound wicks and wires that I am testing and should have them in stock right after the Chinese New Year.
    Drew

16. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
  17. patch

patch Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2012
    nyc
    Drew, I have 4 Ato-misers, 2 with the black delrin cap and 2 with the white delrin cap. Is there any difference in their materials or machining? I ask because the black ones work like a charm: they create huge plumes of vapor--when I blow out with my mouth on the tip, vapor comes out of the two air-holes on the side. I mention this because on the white Ato-misers the airflow feels restricted and little to no air seems to pass out of the air holes. This makes the white caps have an extremely tight draw, making them pretty much unusable to me.

Should I widen the holes slightly on the white delrin caps?

Thanks!

18. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    AS far as I know they are the same? Could it be the wick is covering the holes on the caps because of the positioning of the cap? Try backing the cap off a half turn and see what happens. Thanks,
    Drew

19. crispysaturn

crispysaturn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Hazleton, Pa
  20. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    WOW...That's pretty wicked looking....Nice job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.