The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Introducing the Ato-Miser rebuildable Atomizer for that little Miser in all of us!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Drewsworld, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. atavanhalen

atavanhalen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So I found something out today about what not to do when making a coil, I made 2 coils tonight and both of them turned out tasting horrible. The only thing I did differently than every other night was that I put on a pair of latex gloves to avoid getting my body oil on the coil and or wick. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the bad taste was coming from the latex until after I made the second coil. So my tip of the day is DO NOT USE LATEX GLOVES TO MAKE YOUR ATO MIZER COIL! I assure you that your body oil tastes much better than latex. Maybe some people would have realized this before doing so, but I wanted to post this for the people that would not think of this. Anybody else notice this?

2. Huffin & Puffin

Huffin & Puffin Senior Member ECF Veteran

My first experiment.

Back in 1968, sorry, that was different experiment. :blush:

After successfully not snapping any wire with these pork chop hands that have become almost immobile due to battling snow on par with the 1991-1992 winter, I found a wick wrap that is working very well.

Trim the, “I really need a haircut” stragglers of wicking after the wire has been secured.

Separate one strand of fresh wicking and run it through the loops on both sides securing them with a simple knot.

Take the strand ends from the knot and run them under the wire gap in opposite directions and over the loop ends that have been tied.

One more gentile knot which pulls the tied end loops to the center of the wire wrapped wicking.

Nice compact wick with a good concentration of juice right where you want it.:p

Hey Drew.. I really like the way the juice comes out of the new bottles.

I especially like that they are childproof.:thumb:

It took me forever to get it open.

OK I lied; Mrs. Huffin showed me how to open it.:facepalm:

My baby girl with her baby girl.. best reason to quit

Attached Files:

3. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Those are 2 of the greatest reasons I have ever seen...Wow that little one sure did get big....It seems like she was born last week??? I remember you mentioning her awhile back , I just didnt think it was that long ago!!! At any rate , thanks for the tips, huys...
    Drew

4. monsterkitty

monsterkitty Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2010
    southwest
    hi drew; i got mine almost 2 weeks ago and just the last couple days got around to playing with it. even though i'm encountering some difficulties the taste is really great. ability to taste the juices has been my biggest issue since i started vaping late december.

my first one was way too harsh, i thought it would break in but it didn't. i think i had too many wraps, not sure what i did wrong. i can't yet say i have it down, still messing with trying to get it 'right'. i keep getting alot of harshness, very little vapor. but again, the taste comes through great!

tonite i tried a 2ohm with 3-4 wraps, the wick folded 3 times. for a while it was harsh but now it seems to be mellowing out and i am getting some vapor. i am using it on my 3.7v box mod. how long does it take to break in the wicks/wires? i had read somewhere else to soak the silica in hot water then bake in pyrex at 500d. for 20min, so i did. i guess this is supposed to break them in but they are still kind of harsh and still shiny.

i am pretty confused about how many coil wraps should go with which ohm. i have watched your videos several times and you do mention a little bit about it which has helped. is there any kind of chart or post on this forum that someone can refer me to regarding the ohms, wraps, resistance, etc? or can others please post what has worked for you with these babies?

i'll keep experimenting. wetting the wick really helps. thanks for any replies.

okay i just saw the "ato-miser tips" thread. i'm going to try these methods posted by mahboman

5. boondongle

boondongle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2009
    Doylestown, Pa
    Drew, what is the reason that the center point between the two screws is off-center? Was it just easier to manufacture it that way?

6. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes to make it fully mecanical without soldering things, it was the easiest way...
    Drew

7. cos

cos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    St Petersburg Florida
    Someone asked me today if it can be used with a bottom feeder. told him i would find out. i dont see a way for liquid to come in thru the bottom. has anyone tried anything for using this with a bottom feeder?
    Thanks

8. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    I dont think anyone could use this for a bottom feeder as far as I know...I did send Mario (Shadow maker of the Eclipse) one with a couple virgin caps to play around with and try and retrofit for the Eclipse but havent really heard back from him yet....I understand he is really busy....Thanks Cos,
    Drew

9. boondongle

boondongle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2009
    Doylestown, Pa
    Is the two-for-$95 deal no longer valid? It still says it on the item page, but when I added two to my cart, it showed $130.

EDIT: Never mind...I'm dumb...didn't click the button for the deal.

10. x0xKimmehx0x

x0xKimmehx0x Full Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Ottawa Canada
    Drew is there some way I could flatten the center post just a bit? I've been using the ato-miser on my Phidias and couldn't figure out why, if I screwed it down snug, it wouldn't fire. I have since been informed that it was crushing the insulator and could have been very bad if I hadn't been using protected 18650s

11. quovadis

quovadis Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2009
    Florida USA
    Guys...have not yet received Drews kit, but I have received every possible nichrome gauge under the sun.

As of Tonight all i can say is that the thicker the wire, the more lenght is needed to achieve a certain resistance.
    The thinner the wire, the less lenght is needed.

I also know that low guage = thick wire and high gauge = thin wires.

I have wires ranging from 20 to 40 guage in increments of 2...

So a 20 gauge is very thick and a 40 guage is close to invisible it is so thin.

will do some major testing over the next few weeks to see which combination of wires and lenght (folded lenght, unfolded, twisted together etc) will provide a better vape.

Big project this....

12. quovadis

quovadis Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2009
    Florida USA
    I tried the Atomiser various times with different wire gauges and wicks.
    The problem is that if the wires do touch, the wick will burst into flames.

Another problem I encountered was that whilst dripping liquid into the tip, the liquid did not hit the wick but fell to the side.

This device is not for everybody.

13. VPJUNKIE510

VPJUNKIE510 Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2010
    Well its bout time I finally got my hands on a at o miser , I only have a few hours of use on it so I don't have a accurate opinion . My first wire wrapped up real nice

I will give it a week or so and form a proper opinion

14. Creniker

Creniker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    So I think I've found a setup on this thing that I will use for a very long time. 2.0 ohms with 5 wraps. I take the wick after installing the coil on the base, and cut off the un-looped end. Then I put the looped ends through each other. This creates a wick going up, and a wick circling the coil. Its feeds it down, and then keeps it in place. The next bit I did I must say do at your own risk. I used a 1/16 drill bit on ONE of the air holes. I then covered the other one with electrical tape. I know it is not reccomended to mess with the air holes, but the draw was just too tight. Its now perfect, and I am getting perfect flavor and vapor out of this. It hits like a brand new high quality 510, and I imagine it will last for much longer. This is now my go too non bottom feeding atty. If it was bottom feeding then this would be bliss.

15. VPJUNKIE510

Sep 4, 2010
    Can u post a picture or the wick when you wrap a new one? I can picture this in my head by visuals are always a treat, also the draw is tight for my liking but I worrie if I drill I won't like how it comes out , the flavor is deff. Different with the tighter draw .

Idk if drew drops in here to read this still but if so. Drew have you thought about having different color tops made for example red, white, and blue ? Almost every toy for vaping has some type of add on oR is able to be personalized , maybe a hole big enough for drip tips , or how bout air holes that have different size plugs to give different draws ? Idk just random ideas

u have been using the 3ohm wire and at 5v it produces nice warm vapor

16. Creniker

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    You know its funny I was thinking the same thing about the different colored tops with drip tip comparability. Then you could use it with a vape make theoretically.

And the plugs are a great idea. I will post pics of the wick shape i used, I'm thinking of tweaking it slightly but the same basic shape. The draw does change the flavor slightly, but the vapor quality is increased a lot. The flavor is changed so little IMO its worth the sacrifice.

17. VPJUNKIE510

Sep 4, 2010
    So for the air hole I took a pin, unsure what type of pin . And pushed it through each hole till it was tight going in then gave it a slight push farther in and van perfect draw , now its more like a 510 tight but plenty of air for vapor

I am going to keep on playing with it

18. Creniker

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    Yeah I've heard some people have had good results with that. Mine for some people would be too loose, but I feel like its working really well, and is actually quite comfortable. The flavor actually got a lot better today after its had sometime to loosen up. Very happy with it overall.

19. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Make sure that your wick isnt covering the hole. Believe me I toiled with the size and placement of the holes for weeks/months before deciding on the configuration. If the hole is covered by the wick it will make it seem extremely tight on the draw.
    Drew

20. Creniker

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    I tried that tip VP Junkie with a small screw on ONE of the holes, and I got a 510 style draw as well. I also modded the top of mine to take a drip tip. I switched to a 4 ohm coil, which came out at 3.5 (first one off by more then .2) regardless using it at 5v and I'm in heaven. The drip tip fits nice and snug and it looks and works great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.