Attack of the (Kayfun v4) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
I gotta laugh when people say the KF4 is too complicated for China to clone. While I do like supporting modders, I know shortly people will see the cloners will have no issue with the kayfun 4.
A lot of pieces doesnt = crazy complicated mass precision device. The chinese clone watches that are near indistinguishable from their $20,000+ counterparts for $500-700, an atomizer isnt exactly a feat of engineering for them, regardless of being 41 parts =P
Will there be bad clones of it? Of course. The vaping clone industry has done nothing but improve in quality (and not from ability, but from consumer demand) and people will see that with this atty in a matter of a week or two when people start getting them in their hands.

Just like the SqR right? Oh wait....

The SqR isn't even as complicated as the K4, mechanically speaking. Yet they had huge difficulties getting that one to work right. They did a great job on some of the clones in terms of overall build, but they did a terrible job in terms of actually WORKING consistently. Spotty results. Due to poor tolerances, or poor material choices. Some of them took shortcuts by putting a glued plastic tank inside rather than an O Ringed glass tank. Some of them used glass but the O Ring were way out of tolerances and cracked the glass from too much pressure.

I'm not saying that making an atty is more complicated than copying a Rolex. But watches are simple devices that have been around for centuries. They don't need to clone the high precision watch movement to get the thing working. They can use much simpler means to get a working watch without copying the intricate movement on a Swiss watch. On an atty, they can't take those kinds of shortcuts. They have to get the tolerances in line with the authentic, especially on a complicated tank system that relies on air pressure, tight seals, and moving parts.

iowajosh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
iowa
Millah, yeah I would have to agree. I bought a decent number of kayfun clones like a year ago and I have quit using them all. The hard thing is that if an o-ring doesn't fit right, you can't see in there to see what isn't fitting. And now a year later, you can buy the same thing but better, more airflow and not a clone for $40.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I gotta laugh when people say the KF4 is too complicated for China to clone. While I do like supporting modders, I know shortly people will see the cloners will have no issue with the Kayfun 4.
A lot of pieces doesnt = crazy complicated mass precision device. The chinese clone watches that are near indistinguishable from their $20,000+ counterparts for $500-700, an atomizer isnt exactly a feat of engineering for them, regardless of being 41 parts =P
Will there be bad clones of it? Of course. The vaping clone industry has done nothing but improve in quality (and not from ability, but from consumer demand) and people will see that with this atty in a matter of a week or two when people start getting them in their hands.

If you can measure the parts that are being replicated properly, make them on a decent machine using good materials - you'll get a very decent copy.

When the first clones appeared, the finish was always 'off' as were the tolerances on a lot of the parts - a couple of years later and I've seen clones that are indistinguishable from the originals in fit and finish. Most of these clones will probably be just as good as the original Kayfun V4.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
these clones have to be made from melted down old radiators or something. If a retailer like FT is selling it for $20 and you assume there is a a 50% markup- $10 from the manufacturer... (who also has to make money) It doesn't compute

I guess you didn't know that China's economy isn't identical to ours. Crazy right.
Did you know in some countries they don't even speak English and love Jesus?

logun

Oct 17, 2013
Queens, NY
Damn. For 1/4" the cost you can get two of these clones. Geez. If those authentics don't get back in stock soon I might have to join the dark side.

Just wait for a month and you will be able to buy ehpro or infinity clones which will look and perform like the original. Personally I will wait for the next Lite version of K4 then will wait for a quality clone of it.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Just wait for a month and you will be able to buy ehpro or infinity clones which will look and perform like the original. Personally I will wait for the next Lite version of K4 then will wait for a quality clone of it.

I ordered one just because I'm impatient :D I will probably pick up an EHPro version if/when they are available.

Spiceman1967

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Lompoc, CA, USA

Sweet-Vapes.com has the EHPro on their "Coming Soon" section (Coming Soon) and I thought I seen pre-orders for the EHPro at some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread