Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    My Robbot Kayfun V4 from focal ecig shipped this morning, wooo fricken hoo :headbang: can't wait to see how 1:1 it actually is. the thick silver spring is going to make or break the clones imo. the spring depicted on the focal version looks beefier than the stock spring... hopefully it's atleast as good :)

Look forward to your report.
    The spring is my concern, paired with a DNA40 and tempermental mode.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    I have a couple of the ones from FT with the black o-rings already shipped. So I thought I'd pull the spring out of my original to have a look and perhaps make one up.
    I decided to just wait and see what comes with the clones but the original's spring besides being strong appears to be silver coated (or something).

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    I have a couple of the ones from FT with the black o-rings already shipped. So I thought I'd pull the spring out of my original to have a look and perhaps make one up.
    I decided to just wait and see what comes with the clones but the original's spring besides being strong appears to be silver coated (or something).

Let us know what you think when you get them. I have the Robbottech one ordered and one that claims to be 316L which might just be the Robbottech again lol...we'll see how they are. It looks like they nailed it though, we'll find out.

johnny madman

Dec 2, 2014
    Veritas original going for a buck fifty! The clone going for less then 9 bucks. I get supporting original vendors and all that, don't get me wrong. But take a look at the link below, and tell me this is not going to work just like the original.

$8.49 Veritas Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 clone / stainless steel / 21.8mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

When the clone is 17 and a half times less with free shipping from China. You know China that far away place :p

To me there is simply no justification for these price hikes. Henry Ford thought us a lesson a long time ago.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2014
    NJ

My FT clone with black o-rings also shipped a few days ago.

The spring isn't supposed to carry current. The juice control was meant to be fully open (making solid contact inside) or fully closed (open contact).

Let's not make this thread an argument about authentics and clones. The companies that make authentics pay for R&D which the clones do not. Whether it's worth it to you or agree with their pricing is another story. We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    My FT clone with black o-rings also shipped a few days ago. The spring isn't supposed to carry current. The juice control was meant to be fully open (making solid contact inside) or fully closed (open contact). .

Sorry but there is no way to say it any other way, wrong on both counts. The liquid control functions anywhere in between from open to closed
    The spring carries the entire current.
    Here is what I get on mine, with juice control open all the way 1.3 ohms, with juice control closed all the way 1.3 ohms.
    For sure the spring is more compressed when juice control is open all the way.
    And while I only use my liquid control either all the way on or all the way off the option to use it somewhere in the middle does exist. Then one needs to figure out how to keep it in the set position as it turns quite freely.
    BTW, I removed my spring prior to posting just to make sure.

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sorry but there is no way to say it any other way, wrong on both counts. The liquid control functions anywhere in between from open to closed
    The spring carries the entire current.

Agreed. I believe this is why so many DNA40 users are having issues with the K4. I'll find out soon enough when my authentic and Tobeco clone both arrive.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Veritas original going for a buck fifty! The clone going for less then 9 bucks. I get supporting original vendors and all that, don't get me wrong. But take a look at the link below, and tell me this is not going to work just like the original.

$8.49 Veritas Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 clone / stainless steel / 21.8mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

When the clone is 17 and a half times less with free shipping from China. You know China that far away place :p

To me there is simply no justification for these price hikes. Henry Ford thought us a lesson a long time ago.

I'll support the original makers when they aren't bending me over, the "R&D" excuse doesn't wash when it comes to drippers as far as I'm concerned - it's all been done before at this point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread