Attack of the (Kayfun v4) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
But the draw isn't restricted. In fact, is almost as open as it can get with the screw on.
Sorry, I thought you were doing a slow heavy draw. Either way, I believe the holes should be covered, give it a try and see. Don't pack the cotton onto the deck, just trim it so it touches with the end of the cotton.

Reactions: DavidOck

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Sorry, I thought you were doing a slow heavy draw. Either way, I believe the holes should be covered, give it a try and see. Don't pack the cotton onto the deck, just trim it so it touches with the end of the cotton.
CoVer tHe hOlEs...
Will do! [emoji23]

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    You can also try a slightly thicker o-ring instead.

After I replaced all the orings, I did order a bag of the oversized orings that people said to use. I'm using the floss along with the oversized oring since the oversized oring didn't fix the problem by itself.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2015
    Lancaster, NY
    From your pic, not enough wick. Mine is jammed. The wick is loaded with juice and they never gurgle. Ether cotton or rayon, wick is fat, i twist the end to fit the end of the coil, then as I pull through the coil I'm still twisting the wick material to cork screw into the coil. I cut the material about 2" to 2.5" long, get it centered then cut at the deck. Screw the chimney on then arrange the the wick with a jewelers screwdriver. Prime it and put the tank on and its good to go.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Braga, Portugal
    Okay, the wicking is not the problem. During today, I've tried (again) a bunch of different builds (with KGD, Cotton Bacon, Fiber Freaks, Muji, etc) and no matter how I put the wick, the gurgles always appears. This seems more to be another problem.
    After I replaced all the orings, I did order a bag of the oversized orings that people said to use. I'm using the floss along with the oversized oring since the oversized oring didn't fix the problem by itself.
    I'm inclined to buy a pack of originals spares and a plastic airflow screw aswell from svoemesto. Your problem was gurgling? I fixed it with dental floss?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yes, I had three out of four that gurgled. I replaced all the orings first. Then I ordered the bigger #16 oring and they still gurgled. I then put a wrap of dental floss where the oring goes and put the oring over the floss. That fixed all three of mine. If you put too much floss then it'll make it hard to turn.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I tried to ask this with my own thread, but got no answers. Maybe yall would know. Can I buy the p3 base for a tobeco V4 and it work? Would really like to try that base out but can't afford an authentic V4. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure it will work. Just wait for someone who can verify this for sure first.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Braga, Portugal
    Yes, I had three out of four that gurgled. I replaced all the orings first. Then I ordered the bigger #16 oring and they still gurgled. I then put a wrap of dental floss where the oring goes and put the oring over the floss. That fixed all three of mine. If you put too much floss then it'll make it hard to turn.
    Can you give me the dimensions of the o-ring please?

danielpm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Braga, Portugal
    Ok guys, found the solution to my gurgling problem. I should say that I'm not proud of it [emoji23] .

I was wondering why the K4 gurgled so much. So if the gurgle is from the center pin, and if I take the af screw off the gurgles stop, I just had the idea of opening the airflow to the max (without take out the screw) and block some airflow holes on the center pin with cotton. It works fine! Let me show you:

S1RYy7B.jpg

I'm not responsible for you trying this at home [emoji23] .
    Trust me, I'm an engineer [emoji23]

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Glad you figured out something that works. My complaint from the beginning is that it really aggravates me that I have to fiddle with something so much out of the box to get it to work. I bought four and one worked right. The rest I fiddled with on and off for some time before I got them to work.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Braga, Portugal
    Glad you figured out something that works. My complaint from the beginning is that it really aggravates me that I have to fiddle with something so much out of the box to get it to work. I bought four and one worked right. The rest I fiddled with on and off for some time before I got them to work.
    Today I went to a store and asked for o-rings with the dimensions that you had showed me, and it don't fit. They are too large. I cant close the airflow to suck the base after put them. Perhaps the emplyoee made a mistake with the size :(

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    11 x 1.5 mm is the "factory" size, 12 x 1.5 mm is the over sized one that generally gets the job done when the 11 doesn't. 13 is generally to big. BTW they do come in half sizes, eg. 12.5 x 1.5 mm but those I have found to be pretty tight on all of mine.
    With the o-ring installed hold the deck so you can see how much of the o-ring if any is above the groove it's in on the corners. If it's level in the corners you can expect leakage. Be sure to lube #16 upon installation.

Last edited:

danielpm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Braga, Portugal
    11 x 1.5 mm is the "factory" size, 12 x 1.5 mm is the over sized one that generally gets the job done when the 11 doesn't. 13 is generally to big. BTW they do come in half sizes, eg. 12.5 x 1.5 mm but those I have found to be pretty tight on all of mine.
    With the o-ring installed hold the deck so you can see how much of the o-ring if any is above the groove it's in on the corners. If it's level in the corners you can expect leakage. Be sure to lube #16 upon installation.
    I ask to the employe for the 13 x 1.5 . On the fasttech comments people says that is the ideal for the kayfun v4 #16. Maybe the 13mm here in Portugal is bigger than the 13mm in China [emoji23]. I will buy the 12 x 1.5 mm ones and try . Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread