Attack of the (Kayfun v4) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Yer thats what i thought at first but the wicking ring or whatever its called fully covers the screws so i dont see how with that already on there would be any difference in ohms....surely if that was the case it should short out straight away without the chimney on or cause a notable ohm difference...... and there are no wire tails because i always just twist the wire off!

Reactions: TrollDragon

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
kayfun 5 anyone??? They have 3 months if they want to sell it in the US... :facepalm: I don't think they'll be able to sell anything larger than 2ml in the EU after May 20th.

Yes, since the the FDA Deeming regs set the 90 day period to be for introduction of new products that aren't already available on the market. After that, we have two years all existing products to be sold, maybe more before only FDA approved products can be sold. At least that's the way I read the document.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Yer thats what i thought at first but the wicking ring or whatever its called fully covers the screws so i dont see how with that already on there would be any difference in ohms....surely if that was the case it should short out straight away without the chimney on or cause a notable ohm difference...... and there are no wire tails because i always just twist the wire off!
Skipped my mind about the congestion ring being next to the vcoil. Obviously, the coil/coil tails shouldn't contact it.

Good suggestion re the spring- it will become gunked up over time so if you've not cleaned it and the associated areas of contact in a while, that's something worth looking into.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Am using g a tobeco clone as of now and love the flavor that it produces. Only issue is it seems to gurgle a lot. I have followed the wicking and done a good job of it. And the taste is great. Just gurgles a lot on the first draw and then becomes alright. Any help would be great
Try covering 2 of the air holes on opposite sides with the tank sideways and blow thru a hole with the last hole facing down into a paper towel and see if any liquid comes out. Might be some condensation building up in there???

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Refilled the tank today with juice control, I guess, fully closed, than as I was reopening juice flow it leaked out of the airflow holes. Could it be #16 is bad since it tends to leak a bit out the intake airflow holes or am I doing it wrong?
It could be #16 or You either have an o-ring missing or the juice control is not closing all the way. I would suggest taking it apart and make sure all o-rings are there.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Can you elaborate on how to close the juice control and properly fill it... I took tank apart for initial cleaning and all parts are there. It only leaked bad once I started opening juice control not while it was fully closed and it barely lakes when juice flow is open.
Next time you fill it, turn it upside down before opening the liquid control and let it sit like that for say 30 seconds or so before putting it up-rite. Just an experiment...

Rudeboy615

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
South Florida
Next time you fill it, turn it upside down before opening the liquid control and let it sit like that for say 30 seconds or so before putting it up-rite. Just an experiment...
Tried it and it leaked first out of drip tip while holding it upside down, not much, than it was gurgly so I blew access juice out of air holes. Better than alternative lol but still leaking.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Tried it and it leaked first out of drip tip while holding it upside down, not much, than it was gurgly so I blew access juice out of air holes. Better than alternative lol but still leaking.
Are you sure that 0-ring 36 is in place?

Attachments

• YY4Gb7L.jpg
    YY4Gb7L.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 40

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Something is missing??? Maybe take it apart again???
I'd say break it down like the exploded diagram and check that everything is where it is supposed to be. PiTA, but it's the only way to rule out missing o-rings etc...

You don't need to take apart #13 to #24, a visual inspection of #16 & #18 will suffice for the deck parts, make sure #16 is not cut or nicked.

Definitely take #1 to #11 apart and #26 to #38 though.

Reactions: Rudeboy615
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread