Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I never thought of throwing heat into the mix to calculate a build heh. One of these days Ill get around to getting some SS wire and trying out TC on my VT75. For me its my own, possibly crazy, theory of battery preservation. On my mechs, my 26g, 2.5mm 6/7 wrap coils get me around 20w on a fresh 4.2v battery, which runs down to about 17-18 when the battery hits 3.5v and its time to be changed. I kept it the same when I went back to using my regulated mods figuring that if I keep it at 20w and around 4.2v the circuit puts less strain on the battery as it has doesn't have to do any bucking, and as the voltage drops it does very minimal boosting. Like I said its just a theory and I could be wrong, but I think its better than a higher ohm/smaller gauge coil that will require a constant boosted voltage above 4.2 to keep up at 20w. Sure Ive got more than enough headroom using a 20A battery (my build only hits around 5) but Id still like both the electronics and the battery to not have to work so hard and last as long as they can.

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
Okay I'm back :) Have been using the V5 for a while and I LOVE it! so now I want to get more. Where to do you guys get your clones? I got my smk v5 at Fasttech. I also got a Kayfun Mini v3 from there and it was a dud. The screws on the deck are so small it wire just slips out. I really like the ease of build on the v5 so some suggestions of where to purchase other than Fasttech. such a long wait time for shipping.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Okay I'm back :) Have been using the V5 for a while and I LOVE it! so now I want to get more. Where to do you guys get your clones? I got my smk v5 at Fasttech. I also got a Kayfun Mini v3 from there and it was a dud. The screws on the deck are so small it wire just slips out. I really like the ease of build on the v5 so some suggestions of where to purchase other than Fasttech. such a long wait time for shipping.
I have 5 of these ship from Hawaii to pennsylvania with the cheapest shipping option in 3 days.Great customer service as well.you will probably have to do the age verification though.I have and had no problems.

Kayfun v5 Clone by Tobeco

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I have two, plus I still have K4 in rotation - for menthol. I just do not see how I can use more than 3 tanks. What are you guys and gals using all your tanks for?
I have two in rotation and four back up's.They are all i use.With the deeming FDA regulations i thought i would stock up.I plan on getting a few more as long as i can.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I have two, plus I still have K4 in rotation - for menthol. I just do not see how I can use more than 3 tanks. What are you guys and gals using all your tanks for?
    I have 5 flavors in rotation, and use the other 3 for juice testing. :D

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com

I only have one but Ill probably get another one as a spare. I vape unflavored juice so having multiples doesn't make sense anymore (I bought 3 KF4s because each one had a different flavor in it back then). But I do like having one around in case I need to take parts from it, or just having a general backup..

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Some are for the stash, some are for future family needs, parts. I'm set up for forever, which is why my only tanks are 2 versions of KF's, & my only drippers are Magma's, & the RM2 & one bf Magma for the Reo. I keep three KF's in use with different juices in them, & several wicked & ready to use when I need to clean, recoil, etc, when my hands don't always allow it immediately.
    I have lots & lots of v2's, & working on adding to my 3 v5's

Last edited:

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2015
    Lancaster, NY
    Ordered a sjmy over the weekend Ultimate Mechanical/Box Mod & Atomizer Store - 3FVape and a couple glass replacement tanks. After I placed the order got an email from eciggity about a weekend flash sale. Oops.
    Received my SJMY yesterday, 12 days after placing my order Ultimate Mechanical/Box Mod & Atomizer Store - 3FVape. The SJMY has the best threads of the SXK and Tobeco, not by much, and the best deck screws. Today, I'd have to say I won't get caught up in the newest next best thing after the KF V5, just a very well behaved tank, love them.:2c:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Well, solved the problem. The O ring seems to have slipped into the JFC channel. Cut it as I could not find a way to take it out without doing so and used a thicker o ring in its place. Now the JFC is a bit more tight, but works perfectly again.

Found the same thing. So if having trouble getting juice to the wick, do a quick visual on this.

Last edited:

icehot

Apr 1, 2015
    Far Far Land
    Recently got the SXK v5 and the v5 mini, both setup with 24g wire with 2.4-6 wrap it came out at 0.47. Vaping at 30watts flavour is good for both but the normal size Kayfun have a better flavour then the mini. I prefer vaping without the mouth piece. It's a keeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    hmmm ... FWIW

I have 6 SS Tobeco V5s. Each has one of the airflow 'tubes' by Svoe in it. They fit just fine.

I just got 2 black Tobeco V5s. One the airflow tubes were very lose and would just fall out if the deck was turned upside down. The other was extremely tight and no way could I get one of the tubes into it. This one I reamed out the "510/post tube" and hand worked the Svoe tube w/ jewelers files until I could get it to fit.

All of the V5s came from eciggitty.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    hmmm ... FWIW

I have 6 SS Tobeco V5s. Each has one of the airflow 'tubes' by Svoe in it. They fit just fine.

I just got 2 black Tobeco V5s. One the airflow tubes were very lose and would just fall out if the deck was turned upside down. The other was extremely tight and no way could I get one of the tubes into it. This one I reamed out the "510/post tube" and hand worked the Svoe tube w/ jewelers files until I could get it to fit.

All of the V5s came from eciggitty.
    Thank you for that. I have 5 SS tobeco's and even though i love them as is,was only today thinking of trying the original MTL kit out. Would you say it really improves the flavor? Or just a tighter draw?I am really interested to hear your views.

Reactions: Kenna
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread