Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

with the medium air restrictor on 4 dots, 1.6 ohms of 28g kanthal at 11.8 watts...

Heaven!!!

The V5 is still my favorite of all the Kayfuns. We're so close to defining heaven the same way .... medium air restrictor, 4 dots, 1.8Ω using 29g (not a typo) kanthal vaped at 10 watts.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
It was the screws and they outsourced those. But for a company who QCs the life out of their product I don’t know how they missed that. I bought the 22 from the second batch and had no problem.

I may give them another chance.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I like big screws!!!

Kayfun V5 for me.

d3f7042c690387b3a14aa03b46bc3dbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How’d you even get those in there?

Sasquatch screws.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Just bought my second nkfl, but this a 24. Just snagged it here in the classys!!! Also was looking thru the original kayfun lite thread (this was not a hhv thread) and my first kayfun purchase was in july 2013, so been vaping these kayfuns now for over 6 years....kind of cool to read thru the old posts, especially the transition from silica wicks , yarn, eco wool, xc ceramic, and to what now most everyone uses, cotton. It just wasnt that cotton worked better, but the way the coil was done. We went from wrapping the wire around the silica, to then preforming a micro coil , then inserting the cotton. It was neat to see when the micro coil was introduced in the k lite thread (in which initially nobody really cared) to then see the switch to hardly no one using the old method, pretty cool stuff...

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Just bought my second nkfl, but this a 24. Just snagged it here in the classys!!! Also was looking thru the original kayfun lite thread (this was not a hhv thread) and my first kayfun purchase was in july 2013, so been vaping these kayfuns now for over 6 years....kind of cool to read thru the old posts, especially the transition from silica wicks , yarn, eco wool, xc ceramic, and to what now most everyone uses, cotton. It just wasnt that cotton worked better, but the way the coil was done. We went from wrapping the wire around the silica, to then preforming a micro coil , then inserting the cotton. It was neat to see when the micro coil was introduced in the k lite thread (in which initially nobody really cared) to then see the switch to hardly no one using the old method, pretty cool stuff...
It’s nostalgic. It’s been an incredible journey. I remember the old silica days and finding it so hard initially. I remember looping spaced wraps around the silica and those little fibres always made such a mess everywhere. Cotton is so much easier to work with.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

I'll quite agree, this is a lot easier to setup ...

IMG_4351.jpg

than this was ...

IMG_0989.jpg

It's a trip down memory lane going through my photo library seeing my progression / transition of vape gear and styles as well as looking back in some of the old threads.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Remember when it was common thought that the coil wraps could not touch each other or it would short out (and be dangerous)? Coils had to be spaced! :laugh:

It’s nostalgic. It’s been an incredible journey. I remember the old silica days and finding it so hard initially. I remember looping spaced wraps around the silica and those little fibres always made such a mess everywhere. Cotton is so much easier to work with.
Funny, I was just coiling/wicking a bunch of atomizers for a sick friend who was unable to do it herself. I decided to wick them with silica due to it's durability. This way she could dry burn and not worry about rewicking. So I did a silica build on one of her original KFLs. Loaded it up with juice and took a couple hits. Ugh Phew!!! God it was nasty!! Can't believe we used to vape with that crap. Deep sixed it and put in cotton. Told her to send me back the atties and I would rewick them if necessary.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It certainly has, and what's kind of weird is the time frames. 6 or 7 years (basic years of kayfun existence) in regular time is not all that long, but in vaping time it's a really long time. So much has changed in so little time

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'll quite agree, this is a lot easier to setup ...

View attachment 831475

than this was ...

View attachment 831477

It's a trip down memory lane going through my photo library seeing my progression / transition of vape gear and styles as well as looking back in some of the old threads.
Oh yes , genny daze!! I honestly never thought I would stop vaping gennys because they were so good, but the kayfun , micro coil, and cotton slowly did it...

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Remember when it was common thought that the coil wraps could not touch each other or it would short out (and be dangerous)? Coils had to be spaced! [emoji23]

Funny, I was just coiling/wicking a bunch of atomizers for a sick friend who was unable to do it herself. I decided to wick them with silica due to it's durability. This way she could dry burn and not worry about rewicking. So I did a silica build on one of her original KFLs. Loaded it up with juice and took a couple hits. Ugh Phew!!! God it was nasty!! Can't believe we used to vape with that crap. Deep sixed it and put in cotton. Told her to send me back the atties and I would rewick them if necessary.
Definitely remember about the wraps and also remember something similiar. Micros and cotton started in drippers, specifically the reos and when they were first adapted into an rta , people said no good because its possible the cotton would burn a catch fire inside.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Remember when it was common thought that the coil wraps could not touch each other or it would short out (and be dangerous)? Coils had to be spaced! :laugh:

Thank you for not making me endure that.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
View attachment 831423 Both Lites now kitted out with the extension kits and the 1.2mm airflow. And the tank height is still minimal. Really smooth and quiet draw. These Dome kits are incredible looking. Almost looks like glass once filled with liquid.

Where did you pick up the clear bell cap?

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I have to admit I've been using my Primes more than the nKFL. My V5 has been sitting for months and I might just fire it back up as I really enjoyed the vape. :offtopic: My ProtoVapor DNA 75C screen went off the rails so I emailed ProtoVapor and they said ship it back and he'd replace screen. Well I mailed it back on Saturday to Hawaii arrived Monday and it is supposed to arrive here tomorrow. Both ways USPS Priority mail. It's the same cost to mail to Hawaii as it is to send to my neighbor across the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread