Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I love my Kayfun Prime. My coil preference for both kayfun lite 2020 and Prime is a simple 28gw kanthol round coil with a 2mm ID, 1.25 ohm, at 10 watts. The coil sits roughly 1.5 mm above the air hole.
I like to thin out the cotton slightly so it can absorb eliquid better. I also don't like stuffing the cotton down the juice wells so I use the open slots on the side to slide in the cotton in and make sure it's just touching the bottom on the juice wells.
Through testing I found the 2mm ID coil allows the air flow to hit the coil perfectly and move around the coil evenly. Because of this I was able to enjoy the subtle notes from my tobacco juices that I wasn't getting before from a 2.5 mm ID coil.
Even in long mode the flavor is outstanding.

Over all the Kayfun Prime is a solid tank. 10 out of 10. :)
That’s a fairly common coil used in the Prime. And other Kayfuns for that matter.

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
That’s a fairly common coil used in the Prime. And other Kayfuns for that matter.
That used to be my go to coil too, and I'm prob late to the game here, but twisted coils change how I vape!

2 strands of 28G Kanthal, twisted as tight as they'd go. 7 wraps, 2.2mm, about 1.15ohms at 12.5W. On 5 pips.

Love that woosh of flavour.

Problem is now when I put in a simple round wire, I can't taste the flavours as well anymore.

f5eeed0a315c6a0b7f231e3af2a910bb.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I love my Kayfun Prime. My coil preference for both kayfun lite 2020 and Prime is a simple 28gw kanthol round coil with a 2mm ID, 1.25 ohm, at 10 watts. The coil sits roughly 1.5 mm above the air hole.
I like to thin out the cotton slightly so it can absorb eliquid better. I also don't like stuffing the cotton down the juice wells so I use the open slots on the side to slide in the cotton in and make sure it's just touching the bottom on the juice wells.
Through testing I found the 2mm ID coil allows the air flow to hit the coil perfectly and move around the coil evenly. Because of this I was able to enjoy the subtle notes from my tobacco juices that I wasn't getting before from a 2.5 mm ID coil.
Even in long mode the flavor is outstanding.

Over all the Kayfun Prime is a solid tank. 10 out of 10. :)
Happy to hear you are enjoying your Prime. :thumb: I always have one in my rotation. They bring the flavor, in spades, and then some.

And welcome to ECF mate! :thumbs:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
That used to be my go to coil too, and I'm prob late to the game here, but twisted coils change how I vape!

2 strands of 28G Kanthal, twisted as tight as they'd go. 7 wraps, 2.2mm, about 1.15ohms at 12.5W. On 5 pips.

Love that woosh of flavour.

Problem is now when I put in a simple round wire, I can't taste the flavours as well anymore.

f5eeed0a315c6a0b7f231e3af2a910bb.jpg
That's because twisted coils offer more surface area for your juice. Once you are used to claptons, aliens, and the like, going back to simple round wire will take a whole lot of getting used to.

More complex coils are like 8KHD compared to SD for simple round wire. And it's very much reflected in the flavor you get.

I use 26/36 SS316L claptons in some of my RBA's. In other RBA's I use N80 aliens and twisted fused claptons (SS316L) both provide even more surface area. The flavor those serve up is very tough to beat compared to simple round wire of any type.

Have you considered trying SS316L wire? IMO SS316L offers a cleaner and more flavorful vape be it simple round or more complex coils. One of the benefits of 316L is you can vape in simple wattage mode or TC.

I haven't used kanthal in years. I used get a weird off-putting taste from kanthal. My kanthal spools are in a box marked "for extreme emergency use only". Doubt that day will ever come. :D

Last edited:

Chazvapes

Jun 12, 2021
So last week I decided to get the long mode and dome for the kayfun lite which will give me 5ml capacity. I got this for work so I wouldn't have to worry about refilling during busy hours. Anyway while I was browsing through the site I decided to pick up the Nozzle kit for the Kayfun Prime.

I got them in today and already installed the 5 air hole "nozzle" in and I have to say its pretty good. It does seem to restrict the air flow slightly but it feels more smooth as you draw. Flavor is already top tier from a kayfun prime so I will have to follow up on the flavor changes if any.

Over all I like the Nozzle kit.

Also the kit comes with a single 2mm hole option. I am curious about that "nozzle" and wonder if the air flow will slow as it moves through the 2mm air port and spread out evenly. Could be a better option for clapton style coils.

Anyway here's the link to dicodes in case anyone wanted to check it out.

Kayfun PRIME - Nozzle Kit - SvoëMesto - Atomizers & Parts

Ok just realized the link was broken. I tried to edit this and use the link option and place the link in it but it's still broken.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tor R

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
@ShowMeTwice , Yeah, that's a good analogy with the resolutions. It's prob just my issue, but I prefer to watch stuff on normal SD or HD. 8k, or even 4k, for that matter feels too surreal. And it's like that with the vape. The twisted coil is great, but sometimes I feel there's too much flavour, or rather, flavour's too intense, if that's a thing. I like how a simple round wire build is straightforward and develops a sharper, more concise flavour profile.

I've tried SS316, didn't like how it vapes. A bit too hot, and I sometimes use mechs, and then it gets really hot.

@Chazvapes , Yeah, I got the nozzle kits too, and prefer the 2mm hole. I like the feeling of a stream/jet of vapour over the tongue and find that I can only get that with the single hole option over the 5 air hole one. The 5 air hole is smooth, and does provides a bit of restriction, but I find myself building spaced coils to "cover" the air holes rather than a contact coil which I prefer.

Chazvapes

Jun 12, 2021
@Chazvapes , Yeah, I got the nozzle kits too, and prefer the 2mm hole. I like the feeling of a stream/jet of vapour over the tongue and find that I can only get that with the single hole option over the 5 air hole one. The 5 air hole is smooth, and does provides a bit of restriction, but I find myself building spaced coils to "cover" the air holes rather than a contact coil which I prefer.[/QUOTE]

I'll try the 2mm nozzle soon. But I will say the 5 hole nozzle is smooth. It's been great so far. Highly recommend the Nozzel kit.

Chazvapes

Jun 12, 2021
@Chazvapes , Yeah, I got the nozzle kits too, and prefer the 2mm hole. I like the feeling of a stream/jet of vapour over the tongue and find that I can only get that with the single hole option over the 5 air hole one. The 5 air hole is smooth, and does provides a bit of restriction, but I find myself building spaced coils to "cover" the air holes rather than a contact coil which I prefer.

I'll try the 2mm nozzle soon. But I will say the 5 hole nozzle is smooth. It's been great so far. Highly recommend the Nozzel kit.[/QUOTE]

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    That nozzle kit is interesting. Wonder if it really does what it says.

I wonder the same, and I would need to buy 5 sets for my primes if they are that good, so would need to be quite a difference, and can't believe you can make the prime much better than it is :)

• Agree
    Reactions: Bronze

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
    Man Cave
    I wonder the same, and I would need to buy 5 sets for my primes if they are that good, so would need to be quite a difference, and can't believe you can make the prime much better than it is :)

Not so much better as in different.

With the stock post, I find the vape to be quite airy and diffused.
    With the single 2mm post, I can get that "stream" of vape, which I like.
    With the 5 hole post, it's both smooth and restricted at the same time, so heat goes up a little at the same wattage, and with the 2 smaller holes to the left and right of the coil, I find it help "aerate" the vape.

And who knows? Maybe this is all in my head, trying to justify the money I've spent on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread