Banned? Help!! I have been out of the loop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
We shall see.

Here's the thing: I'm set for a lifetime with both hardware and essential consumables. But if I wasn't, I would prioritize the essential consumables over hardware. I think it's a lot easier to restrict the consumables than the hardware, and they will focus on the low-hanging fruit first.

No Arguments there.

I just would Hate to see people have a sense that they will always be able to Import whatever they want. And to use that as part of their Backup Plan.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you're importing it for personal use, it is not being sold in the US market.

But even if they wanted to, do you really think Customs can check all the thousands of small parcels coming into the US to see if that "flashlight" might be a mod, or those "machined parts" might be an atty?

BTW - What do you make of this...

Personal Use

The FD&C Act does not exempt tobacco products imported for personal use from applicable requirements for tobacco product imports.

Importing and Exporting

Reactions: PatVapes

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Me and my wife are switching back to cigarettes. I know it's not healthy but there's nothing I can do. I got about 2 months worth of juice. After that I shake hands with Philip Morris. Not a happy camper
Dude, listen to the people here (and yourself).
That's like saying "I'm on the railroad tracks, and I see a train coming at me from 1/2 mile away. There's nothing I can do, so I'll just grab my gun an end it now."

Seriously, there's enough time, and so many ways. You really can't give up that easy. Unless you're looking for an excuse to smoke. But that'll cost you a lot more in $, health, and quality of life.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
BTW - What do you make of this...

Personal Use

The FD&C Act does not exempt tobacco products imported for personal use from applicable requirements for tobacco product imports.

Importing and Exporting
Not sure. There are obvious tobacco products. You know, the ones that are actually made from tobacco. It would be difficult to convince anyone that they are something else.

But hardware can be called any number of things that are are much more difficult to dispute.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Dude, listen to the people here (and yourself).
That's like saying "I'm on the railroad tracks, and I see a train coming at me from 1/2 mile away. There's nothing I can do, so I'll just grab my gun an end it now."

Seriously, there's enough time, and so many ways. You really can't give up that easy. Unless you're looking for an excuse to smoke. But that'll cost you a lot more in $, health, and quality of life.
I'm on my way to New York I'm going to jump off the Empire State Building LOL

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
100mg Nic can be stored frozen in your freezer indefinitely. PG an VG are common use items that won't be banned. That leaves coil wire that you can buy in 100' spools for a few bucks. Fruit and candy flavorings are standard use products for those who cook cakes, candies, and various other edible items. I don't see much of a problem other than a possible ban on 100mg nic. Buy up all the mods and atomizers you want and store them for the future, just in case. If you run out of operable hardware the consumables won't help. :)

Even concentrated nicotine has a valid use as an insecticide when diluted with water and sprayed. I used to have a lawn and garden book by Jerry Baker. He advocated using nicotine spray diluted with water to kill insects after DDT was banned.

Last edited:

Glinda

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
United States
We shall see.

Here's the thing: I'm set for a lifetime with both hardware and essential consumables. But if I wasn't, I would prioritize the essential consumables over hardware. I think it's a lot easier to restrict the consumables than the hardware, and they will focus on the low-hanging fruit first.

What you're saying makes so much sense. Unfortunately, when the FDA busted out their deeming regulations, I thought that I should go as whole hog as I possibly could afford to across the board...but clearly didn't. I'm set with enough nicotine to last 20 years, I bought 6 regulated mods, one unregulated mod (in a fit of real fear LOL) some Nautilus tanks (figured I'd rebuild the coils since I like doing tedious handiwork), some mini Melos and stuff I need to rebuild both the Nauti and the Melo coils. Well, back to what you said here, I see I'm quite behind on things. I figured *they* wouldn't pay attention to what people were buying on line, and now I know I wasn't thinking entirely straight. I thought I'd have all kinds of time to snag better mods, learn about RTAs and such, but...yeah, I'm feeling pretty schmoopy and overwhelmed right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm set with enough nicotine to last 20 years,
That's a good start. Depending on your age, you might still want to consider getting more before worrying about hardware.

If you can rebuild Nautilus coils, you can certainly build any atty that's intended to be rebuilt. I would get some of those next. I don't use tanks, so I can't really make any recommendations for what's currently out there.

Reactions: Glinda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread