Battle of the Rebuildable Atomizers: iAtty, At-o-miser, Bulli A2-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
looks like i got that wrong... in the vid mergryphon tests the ohm of the wire with the Vari, then puts the completed iatty on her GG...

So until i get ahold of a GG... looking forward to the VV version hopefully this year sometime... i'm off to see what folks say about using it on a Vari...

I use it the iAtty on the provari all the time. Works like a champ. Also works nicely on the BuzzPro. Should be one with a higher Ohm rating to do this. 2.2 or higher. When I make a LR coil, under 2.0 Ohm, I slap it on the GGTS or a Silver Bullet.

In short, it works on almost everything. VV just makes it easier since its not quite an exact science getting a specific Ohm rating on the coil.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
great news about using it with the Provari... i have a Buzz Pro too.
I just got the new o rings from COV... they look almost the same as what it came with... if so, i am having a heck of a time getting the o rings /ceramic cup stuffed into the black hole...

I dmm'd a coil at 2.5 Ohm and will test it out as soon as i get the ceramic into the iatty holder...
I use it the iAtty on the provari all the time. Works like a champ. Also works nicely on the BuzzPro. Should be one with a higher Ohm rating to do this. 2.2 or higher. When I make a LR coil, under 2.0 Ohm, I slap it on the GGTS or a Silver Bullet.

In short, it works on almost everything. VV just makes it easier since its not quite an exact science getting a specific Ohm rating on the coil.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
First try.... on the Provari to see if it registers resistance.... OP :(

so i'll take it apart and see if i got it wrong... i wonder if you have to keep the resistance wire completely inside the cup holder grooves... making extra length resistance for 2.5 Ohm may have the resistance wire sticking out the sides a bit?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
whoa... head rush.

i made sure the resistance wire was as much inside the cup as possible, and it registered 2.8 Ohm.
Have it at 4.0 to 4.2 v on the Vari and it works!

I put a mix of 18mg and 24 mg (snickerdoodle and hopscotch).... buzz.

It tends to feel like hot vapor with a long draw, but the taste is just great. An airier draw than what i'm used to with conventional 510 or 901 attys, more like an Iken Cannon 801 w/510 connector... tons of vapor.

I'll look into what o ring to put on the bottom... but for now just reveling in the fact that it works, and am so grateful for your guidance here.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Good comparison :) A few people who own both the A2 and the A2-T have said they prefer the original A2, due to better flavour, which I assume is linked to the wicking performance. I've recently got hold of an A2 in stainless steel. I wanted one since they first came out but never got around to it.. Despite the unfashionable use of filler (e-cigar type) cartridges, I think it works very well. It seems to drain the cartridge very effectively, performs very well, is simpler to rebuild than the tank version and a bit cheaper also.

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good comparison :) A few people who own both the A2 and the A2-T have said they prefer the original A2, due to better flavour, which I assume is linked to the wicking performance. I've recently got hold of an A2 in stainless steel. I wanted one since they first came out but never got around to it.. Despite the unfashionable use of filler (e-cigar type) cartridges, I think it works very well. It seems to drain the cartridge very effectively, performs very well, is simpler to rebuild than the tank version and a bit cheaper also.

I've actually been using the A2-T more the past few days. If you take the glass fiber strands out of the mesh, and just leave the mesh in the spike tube, it wicks much better!

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
For my first rebuildable atty, I've gone with the A2-T, I think I'll tinker and try just the mesh for the wicking....I'm expecting it this week...I'll let you all know...I do like the look of the Iatty but not as much as the German engineered A2-T....I'll take one of each but the GG products seem to be so hard to come by.

Thanks for the information and I'll be looking throughout ecf for internals, soon.

There are so many cool vaping items, lately but none as exciting, for me, as the rebuildable atty's/tanks.

I love the idea of the UFS and/or iatty, though....just wish I could get my fingers on one.:laugh:

After getting a taste of the GG quality with my new SSGTS, I like.

Vape on!

Last edited:

TUS172

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2011
Tucson
Just so all of you know...The ceramic cups for the IATTY are the exact same cup used at the top of the CE2 cartomizers.
So if you want you could buy a 5 pack of the CE2s for around $9.00 and have 5 ceramic cups for your IATTY when they are used up!
510 CE2 Cartomizer XL

The Black plastic cap at the top of the metal tube surrounds the ceramic cup so that it really can't be seen until you tear it apart.

Last edited:

willowize

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Tennessee
Great Thread here. I have an A2-T and TM in the post to me now, hope to receive in a few days. Can't wait to try this. My question is were is the best place with good quality and price to buy the wire, screen mesh and best wicking material.

Oh and Merg I watch all your video's, happy subscriber here.

willowize

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Tennessee
Received the A2-T and TM today. The seller had it set up for me to use it (also have original materials that came with it). I have been using the A2-TM all day on my Icon and just swapped up to ego bat with booster. I am very happy with this. Getting great flavor. A little airy but I can live with it. Just tried it on my Prodigy V2, less airy but not wicking fast enough getting burnt taste every other draw. I do not have any way of checking the ohms so until I get a multi-meter I'm gonna stick to lower voltages. I would def recommend this to anyone wanting a RBA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread