Beware of Dinosaurs (T-Rex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Not trying to start anything again but i think we should be fair and accept that all models will and have some defect units. I'm sure the T-rex/ Maxx reports are true but it doesn't mean that egos/rivas are perfect in any way.

The sticky button issue may have not been mentioned lately but the ego/rivas does have its fair share of problems as well.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ssues/97745-ego-charger-battery-problems.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ask-veterans/96740-problem-ego-battery-charger.html

No doubt that the rave reviews are far more for the ego but this is also because it has been sold for a much longer time.

While the op for this thread had a bad experience, there are also positive reviews:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/99028-t-rex-amazing.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...elyecigs-com-should-better-than-ego-riva.html

I may have gone a little overboard defending my review and i apologise to those reasonable individuals that may have got upset. Its not worth getting into a heated argument over this as we are all here to enjoy our vaping experience.

Happy vaping, y'all...

dumkopf

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
richmond, VA
before i write my review/comparison to the riva of my maxx i had a question to other maxx owners and one to the general PV owners(bc im new)

question #1 when i charge my maxx, the red led comes on to indicate charging but the green led flickers the whole time, does yours do this? i was told by the cust serv at absolutelyecig this was normal operation but my riva doesnt do this. once again im new so i dont know if there are other PVs out there that charge this way.

question number #2 my riva battery has a solid round battery plate while the maxx has a hole in the battery plate (the round part where the atomizer/cartomizer screws in and joins the battery) i thought manual batteries were sealed so you didnt have to worry about overfilling/dripping etc and getting fluid into the battery. so why is there a hole in the center? i have not dripped on the maxx for this reason, scared of premature failure as im new and learning as i do(how many drops i need to drip, how many drops go into cartomizers, etc.. im sure im going to overfill some in the learning curve...

anyone with a another brand of PV or a maxx/trex please chime and help me get to the bottem of these two questions. i dont want to write a possibly negative review of a product if this is indeed normal operations of a PV, but since i only own a riva to compare to, that is what its getting compared to

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Q#1
My charger will be solid red when battery is fully depleted and blink from red to green when it is halfway done and then solid green when fully charged.

Q#2
My battery has a small hole too but it is not the usual deep hole i see with my Mseries. The hole doesn't go far and is basically covered. Don't really know how to describe this further. However, there should be no problems with dripping if you are careful enough not to flood it. I personally have not dripped with this unit as i think cartridges will be better due to the 510 atty being hotter than most. Dripping may cause the atty to burn out quicker if not done frequently enough. Totally imo.

M0dM4n :)

May 22, 2010
Earth
Well I have an eGo and to tell you the truth I have put it through some harsh conditions. I really like it a lot and it produces a good amount of vape with the LR atty's. I almost had the button stick issue, then I realized I was grinding down an edge of the battery *button* every time I went to take a puff and it was making a little ridge. So I just carved out a little above it and boom, no more stick. Anyways I am not going to get involved in any argument or debate here just to offer my opinion, I bought the eGo and haven't stopped loving it! If you want a classy little pv with a little kick on the side with the LR atty then it is well worth it's money. If your going for vape that will make your neighbor call the fire department in terror then you might want to go with something else but for me, the eGo is well worth the money.

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
In an effort to be fair I received an E-mail from Absolutely E-Cigs today indicating that they are sending me a new kit because of all the problems I have experienced. As I said before their customer service has reacted to my unhappiness with their product in a very positive way. They also stated "this is pretty much unheard of so far" this in light of the other posts in the thread would appear to be suspect.

As I said before I am not a newbie. I have used the RN4081, 901, 510, KR808, EGO and Riva and although none are perfect they have all performed within the parameters that we as forum members know to be normal.

When received I will put the new kit through its paces and report the results here.

I received my replacements on Saturday 6/19 and so far they are performing as they are supposed to. I must commend Absolutely E-/cigs for their quick and courteous handling of a poor situation. I returned the defective batteries and cones to them for their investigation.

Will keep updating this as time goes by.

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
It looks to me like Fedor has some kind of affiliation with this peice of junk PV. You are the only one that is defending this thing. It was not an opinion that I posted about the T-Rex , it was fact! It is by far the worst and cheapest junk and no matter how you try to say that it is aweosme , there are enough people that know the truth about the T-Rex to be honest. You obviously sell this thing or have a connection with the manufacturer or you wouldn't feel the need to defend it so much and further more be dishonest when you post about it's quality.

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
Sorry Rasci ,
I did get your PM but there was no way for me to reply to you?? Anyway , I know it is too late but the fix to the charger problem is to get the $7 mains adapter from TW and screw that into the cheapo charger that comes with the T-Rex and it will be back to normal. There is a solid brass contact in the adapter that solves the issue.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I only have the Maxx. I like it and will defend it as much as i like.

I don't have the t-rex and have no reason to defend it. For you to say that i am an affiliate is like me saying that you are a competitor.

There are however, others who feel that the t-rex is good:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/99028-t-rex-amazing-3.html#post1483467

Go take your shot at them! You are free to post your opinions on any model you wish but i will not tolerate any more baseless accusations.

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
You are a clown! Baseless accusations?? Go back and read all the problems that were had with this PV. You can also post as much bull as you want , you sound foolish and are standing alone in your quest to promote these. Maybe you are not connected with a supplier ? Maybe you are just willing to sacrafice quality for saving a little $$$ , ie: cheap Either way I don't care. I have my new Ego and it is awesome and if the button starts to stick after 4 mos of use at least I will still have it to use , you on the other hand will have gone through 2 maxx replacements by then , I have no doubt. Good Luck to you and your amazing PV. LOL

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I have a Maxx and you had a bad t-rex. I don't care whether they are the same or not but our comments on each model should not cross each other.

You are obviously the fool here for mixing both reviews together. You are entitled to post your bad reviews as much as others are free to post their good ones. Thus explaining this thread and the other one i posted earlier.

You have been warned once and another burst of insanity will result in further action. You have been warned.

P/S: My Maxx batteries are doing just fine, thank you!

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
I have better things to do than argue with you. I don't care what you think about your Maxx or the T-Rex or the EGO. Alot of people had more bad experiences with their MAXX than positive ones , so baseless is laughable. I don't need to discredit you because it is all here in the posts. That being said , I am not going to waste anymore time arguing a mute point.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I have better things to do than argue with you. I don't care what you think about your Maxx or the T-Rex or the EGO. Alot of people had more bad experiences with their MAXX than positive ones , so baseless is laughable. I don't need to discredit you because it is all here in the posts.

And you think others care about what you think? Show proof that "a lot" of people are having bad experiences with the Maxx. You do not have one. So live with it. I don't know anything about the t-rex so i don't pretend to do so. I merely quote a thread about someone liking it.

This is ridiculous. What does my comment on the Maxx have anything to do with your bad experience with the t-rex?

That being said , I am not going to waste anymore time arguing a mute point.

Good. Then don't! Do not think that by sending a hate PM to me is gonna solve anything. This has gone far enough and one more wrong step from you and you'll be asking for it.

dumkopf

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
richmond, VA
my maxx charger says T-rex. i have to assume they are identical units. the build quality of MY maxx vs my Riva is no contest, the riva is a whole lot better in terms of fit and finish. which doesnt make any sense to me since i thought they were both made the same company. the cones on my maxx went on really hard with a cartridge or carto already on, the riva screws on with ease. the the maxx did get better after a couple of days, i guess it adjusted the threads slightly to go on straight, not sure what the long term effects of that will be. i can also feel the battery in both of my maxx casings moving around. if i hold it in my hand and move it around i can feel weight shifting inside the battery casing. the riva doesnt do this, and it may not be a problem with the lifespan of the battery but it still annoying and leads me to believe this unit was rushed out or quality control is lacking. i wouldnt buy it again if i had to do over again, atleast until i see some consistent reviews

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
I just want to make clear before he suceeds in banning me that I never wrote him a "hate PM" that was a statement made for the "cameras" I am getting alot of support PM's from members that are afraid to speak out against him (fear of being banned) and to no surprise is affiliated with a vendor here that sells the particular model he is so fond of. For anyone who is confused by all this the Maxx and /T-Rex are one and the same unit. If he decides to ban me for disagreeing with his promotion of this junk. It will not be the end. Using your position as a moderater on ECF to silence people trying to help others is disgusting! Why don't you post the "hate PM" I sent you , so people can see what was actually said after you sent rule infractions to me for publicly discrediting you. I have alot more support on this issue than you think , alot of people got taken with this device , so I advise you to not "miss step" and do something unethical.

truelove

PV Casanova
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Bronx, NY
I just want to make clear before he suceeds in banning me that I never wrote him a "hate PM" that was a statement made for the "cameras" I am getting alot of support PM's from members that are afraid to speak out against him (fear of being banned) and to no surprise is affiliated with a vendor here that sells the particular model he is so fond of. For anyone who is confused by all this the Maxx and /T-Rex are one and the same unit. If he decides to ban me for disagreeing with his promotion of this junk. It will not be the end. Using your position as a moderater on ECF to silence people trying to help others is disgusting! Why don't you post the "hate PM" I sent you , so people can see what was actually said after you sent rule infractions to me for publicly discrediting you. I have alot more support on this issue than you think , alot of people got taken with this device , so I advise you to not "miss step" and do something unethical.

Sadly this happens a lot and good people get screwed at the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread