Blu=BOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whutdidyousay

Jan 23, 2013
Oregon, USA
There are about 67 billion complaints on here.... But I still want to add my complaint...

My complaint is that I didn't find this forum until AFTER my GF and I bought the Boo kit. It's all your fault!...lol:p

Ill sum it up AGAIN for anyone fortunate enough to find this before they chunk down thier worthless green paper...

The retail packaging and presentation are great! the box is slick, the product seems well designed, the sleek black charging case is attractive and a great idea, the black batteries & cartridges are cool looking too...... But that's as far as I can go in the pro's column.

What a piece of junk this kit is! it takes 2 hours to charge the wimpy lil batteries, and they are dead after about 10 hits.... if that!
I guess the taste of the first hit or 2 is OK, but that's coming from a NooB... I havent tried much else except disposables from a couple companies... The cart's did last a decent amount of time for me, but I sucked 'em dead & they didn't tase good after a while.... The price for them vs buying juice is NUTS!

If you are reading this.... Order a real setup.... I've got 3 eGo Twists (2 stainless for me, Purple for the GF) on the way and am very excited! You can get a 650 Mah battery, clearomizer, charger, replacement heads, & some good juice for just a lil more cash. Sure, it's bigger & a lil less convenient, but it will also work 10 minutes after I charge the battery.

Ooh, well... at least we got a cool box!:(

On 2nd thought, I think I'll take that cool box back the minute I get the eGo's! $60!!!!... what a joke!

MaloCS

Jan 15, 2013
Denver, CO
I've been using the Blu non stop for a week and I like them for the portability they offer. However, after using them for an extended period of time it's apparent that they have limitations if you're planning on using them as your primary vaporizer. Regardless, if you relegate them to limited duty while on the go they are quite convenient and effective. Please keep in mind that I'm not a chain vaper so my demand on the unit is minimal.

After researching different vaporizer models I've decided to invest in a ProVari 2.5 and an IBTanked pyrex tank for my primary unit. Since I work from home I need a dependable device that doesn't require me to constantly recharge the batteries or swap out the cartos. Once I get my ProVari congifured I plan on using the Blu product only when I'm away from home since their form factor is more in line with traditional analogs and doesn't make me stand out like a sore thumb; especially since the ProVari and IBTanked combination looks like something out of a Nine Inch Nails video.

Last edited:

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
My dad introduced Blu to me around Christmas. I thought it was pretty cool since being in Canada the only ones I had seen previously were the stogie sized no-nic gas-station models. I, like many others bought a starter kit, and instantly regretted it.

The batteries are my biggest complaint, along with the occasional dud carto. It actually produces quite a decent vapour, nice throat hit, and the flavours are pretty good. The batteries really torque me though. I am swapping batts after every 2 or 3, 5-10 minute sessions. These batteries are almost brand new and I'm not looking forward to the future. The dud cartos irk me pretty big too, since shipping to Canada is not only expensive, but always runs the risk of getting snagged at the border. Luckily, thanks to ECF I found some good Canadian Vendors for juice.

Unfortunately I'm also the victim of good marketing and decided to buy a V2 starter kit to replace my Blu... but of course now that I'm getting a little more educated about vaping I want a real PV. Lol because of shipping costs I've spent over 300 bucks on vaping so far, and don't even have a decent set up yet. Maybe when my birthday rolls around I can get my hands on an eGo :)

Last edited:

markdm4805

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Stockton, CA
There are about 67 billion complaints on here.... But I still want to add my complaint...

My complaint is that I didn't find this forum until AFTER my GF and I bought the Boo kit. It's all your fault!...lol:p

Ill sum it up AGAIN for anyone fortunate enough to find this before they chunk down thier worthless green paper...

The retail packaging and presentation are great! the box is slick, the product seems well designed, the sleek black charging case is attractive and a great idea, the black batteries & cartridges are cool looking too...... But that's as far as I can go in the pro's column.

What a piece of junk this kit is! it takes 2 hours to charge the wimpy lil batteries, and they are dead after about 10 hits.... if that!
I guess the taste of the first hit or 2 is OK, but that's coming from a NooB... I havent tried much else except disposables from a couple companies... The cart's did last a decent amount of time for me, but I sucked 'em dead & they didn't tase good after a while.... The price for them vs buying juice is NUTS!

If you are reading this.... Order a real setup.... I've got 3 eGo Twists (2 stainless for me, Purple for the GF) on the way and am very excited! You can get a 650 Mah battery, clearomizer, charger, replacement heads, & some good juice for just a lil more cash. Sure, it's bigger & a lil less convenient, but it will also work 10 minutes after I charge the battery.

On 2nd thought, I think I'll take that cool box back the minute I get the eGo's! $60!!!!... what a joke!

I dont blame ya. Never tried the blu but I used a Krave 500 Disposable. Lasted a day instead of the 2 days they advertised but ok. Taste was great for my very first e cig and it kept me away from the pack for a full 24 hours. So when it died I went to a brick and mortar vape shop and got an Ego T and a Clearomizer. Man what a difference the taste and the vapor was great and for my vaping habits a 650 mah lasted all day and some of the next day. I have to say though I think you will find an Ego style to be as pocketable as your blu cig and you wont regret buying it... until you start looking at mods lol. :evil:

markdm4805

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Stockton, CA
I can understand your issues and personally avoided the Blu rechargeable. But I still have a soft spot in my heart for Blu--their disposable was the test device that led me here and got me to vape.

So, good idea, not a good product, but at least it helped one person. :)

Its a shame if blu got there act together and built a real well built cigalike I think they would do phenomenal business. I almost think they want us to buy there disposable e cigs instead and that just ain't gonna happen. Not on a regular basis. One week of there disposables and I would have bought me a Provari in price.

findme75

Jan 23, 2013
United States

coming from a guy who has a blu e cig most of the stuff you say doesnt make sense.. 10 hits on a blu and the battery dies? i have the starter kit and it last much longer than 10 hits. probably like 100 but I never count as I am quite buzzed before i make it that far... and if you aren't buzzed by 100 puffs then i suggest upping your nictone dosage to 26mg and then you will probably only need 10 puffs by then.

2nd... if your battery dies after 10 hits then you should take it back. yeah, the starter kit is quite high and I will probably sell mines after I get the sd key's ( or even the maxi 650)... why? because sd keys are smaller than a blu cig and are more stealthy than a blu cig... so don't get those ego's and get those sd's instead imo.

3.resell value is like 30-40 bucks ( without carts) and since you got some use out of it already, i don't think thats bad at all... and with that money you can buy 2 sdkeys and have 2x 650 mah batteries :D.

4. 10 mins after u charge a blu cig ( wall charger i use for my iphone) you can get at least 10 puffs off of it.

5. if i had to do it all over again, I'd buy their menthol/cherry carts and stick them to sdkey and be done with it.

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
The blu got me into vaping and ALMOST off analogs so I can't complain. It's also 510 threaded so I can use my cartos when I eventually get an eGo. I replaced my blu with V2cigs, (kind of stupidly as I knew nothing about other PV's other than the slimcigs). I will say though that V2 seriously kicks Blu's bum in mostly every department... minus taste and price. V2's got some decent flavours but blu's JC juices were superior IMHO.

kirk359

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
www.blucigs.com
You should try the Blu premium 100 which lasts a lot longer and fixes almost all problems you have with the original Blu. The 100 has a 226mah battery that lasts between 80-100 puffs and gives you twice the draw and throat hit. Also the 100 carts last about 200-225 puffs each. I had the same issues and felt the same way about the Blu original and the 100 changed my mind completely. I wish I had bought it first and it would have saved me a lot of grief. It's a little more expensive but it will be worth it to solve all your issues. Give it a try before you give up on Blu. It's helped me to completely quit smoking analogs in about two weeks.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I give you two weeks, tops. Once you spark up that ProVari, it will go with you everywhere. Heck, you might even get yourself a tattoo of Trent Reznor! ;-)

MaloCS:8427321 said:
I've been using the Blu non stop for a week and I like them for the portability they offer. However, after using them for an extended period of time it's apparent that they have limitations if you're planning on using them as your primary vaporizer. Regardless, if you relegate them to limited duty while on the go they are quite convenient and effective. Please keep in mind that I'm not a chain vaper so my demand on the unit is minimal.

After researching different vaporizer models I've decided to invest in a ProVari 2.5 and an IBTanked pyrex tank for my primary unit. Since I work from home I need a dependable device that doesn't require me to constantly recharge the batteries or swap out the cartos. Once I get my ProVari congifured I plan on using the Blu product only when I'm away from home since their form factor is more in line with traditional analogs and doesn't make me stand out like a sore thumb; especially since the ProVari and IBTanked combination looks like something out of a Nine Inch Nails video.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I agree that the Premium 100, is light years ahead of most minis.
I get the same results as you. About 200 puffs per carto. 100 puffs until the blue lights flash. The PCC is brilliant. Impossible to overcharge. Everyone already knows exactly what it is, when I vape in public. But since buying the JC Vea. My Blu stays in the pack @ home.

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
I agree that the Premium 100, is light years ahead of most minis.
I get the same results as you. About 200 puffs per carto. 100 puffs until the blue lights flash. The PCC is brilliant. Impossible to overcharge. Everyone already knows exactly what it is, when I vape in public. But since buying the JC Vea. My Blu stays in the pack @ home.

Impossible to overcharge maybe... but have you ever had a brainfart, forget that you're charging your batt and the safety mech kicks in? It discharges your charged batt AND then the case... :(

MaloCS

Jan 15, 2013
Denver, CO
I give you two weeks, tops. Once you spark up that ProVari, it will go with you everywhere. Heck, you might even get yourself a tattoo of Trent Reznor! ;-)

Well, it's been a little more then two weeks and I have to admit, the ProVari is everything it's fans claim it is -- and then some.

However, I still use my Blu unit when I'm on the go; the form factor is just too convenient to dismiss. Again, since I work from home my ProVari gets about 95% of my vaping time while the Blu handles the remaining 5%. The Blu just works for my 'on-the-go' needs.

~"Keep on Vaping"

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
You should try the Blu premium 100 which lasts a lot longer and fixes almost all problems you have with the original Blu. The 100 has a 226mah battery that lasts between 80-100 puffs and gives you twice the draw and throat hit. Also the 100 carts last about 200-225 puffs each. I had the same issues and felt the same way about the Blu original and the 100 changed my mind completely. I wish I had bought it first and it would have saved me a lot of grief. It's a little more expensive but it will be worth it to solve all your issues. Give it a try before you give up on Blu. It's helped me to completely quit smoking analogs in about two weeks.

Yep, Blue premium 100 would definitely be a good choice in that case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread