Blu=BOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I gimped along with a Blu for about a month before I scraped together the cash for something better. Then it was on to a Halo G6, which was a thousand mile improvement. From there to an eGo passthrough and Kanger T3 tank. From there to an eGo mini and a 306 shorty w/ drip tip.

vaping: The one vice that combines the addictions of nicotine and geek-style hardware collecting. Gotta love it. :D

IRISH BULL

Feb 1, 2013
Chicago
I only have had the blu premium kit since day one. I plan on buying a more "veteran" vaping kit later, but one months and 5 days without analog cigs, I ain't complaining.

I think blu definitely has to be given props simply for taking the extra steps to make a commercial for the world to see. If it wasn't for that commercial, I would imagine I would still be smoking. I didn't know anything about vaping until I seen that commercial.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
The only bad thing I'll say about Blu is the pricing. You can get 2 Sidesho batteries, a PCC and a pack of blank cartos from Modern Vapor for a little over $50.00 and spend that extra money on juice.

Cig-sized PV's are awesome in my opinion. The MV setup is the same as the Blu, without the marketing. I have 2 primary PV's, the Sidesho and the Echo/Kuwako e-pipe. I mostly only use the Echo at night or when drinking. The Sidesho is my all day long device, and it manages to last all day long.

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
The only bad thing I'll say about Blu is the pricing. You can get 2 Sidesho batteries, a PCC and a pack of blank cartos from Modern Vapor for a little over $50.00 and spend that extra money on juice.

Cig-sized PV's are awesome in my opinion. The MV setup is the same as the Blu, without the marketing. I have 2 primary PV's, the Sidesho and the Echo/Kuwako e-pipe. I mostly only use the Echo at night or when drinking. The Sidesho is my all day long device, and it manages to last all day long.

I hear you on the pricing... started on a blu and got reeled in by V2's marketing. Both decent products, minus blu's batts. But for the cash I blew on the pair of em I could be vaping like a pro on a Provari by now

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
The problem with Blu's pre-filled cartos is that there's not a whole lot of juice in them. I found that they ran out very very fast. Within about 10 puffs they already started to get the burnt taste to them. I don't know if it's because they underfill them or if they have crappy carto filling... either way stick with the eGo and juice!

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Blu helped me quit the stinkies, so I'll always have sort of a soft spot for them...but yeah, there are alternatives that are lightyears better and costs 10 times less in the long run. I still have all my Blu gear, but it has been demoted to backup status. Backup for my backups, I should say. And I'm talking about an extreme emergency. My biggest issue with them has always been that the flavor in the carts peters out after just 5-10 hits, then you just get burnt-tasting vapor.

Ferrel1134

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
St. Paul mn
Cigalikes are a waste of money pre filled cartos are a waste of money. They got me on the road to vaping but they are junk. Blu tastes like crap. I would have recommended bloog as a far better product but they changed their juice and it now is junk. My current setup is a provari and kanger mt3 tanks. Yes I stand out and and proud of it. FYI I spent over 600 trying to find and use cigs likes and 2 vv mods one at 150 that I tossed after I learned that stacked battery's are not so good and the evic which is a back up. If I had to do it over again I would tank a few ego twists vv for the win. Vv is the best way to find the juice sweet spot. Also for great juice for a great price try mt baker vapor. It's the only juice I buy right now. Their apple rings peach rings and hawk sauce are my top three.

Smoke free since feb 19 2013

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Cigalikes are a waste of money pre filled cartos are a waste of money. They got me on the road to vaping but they are junk. Blu tastes like crap. I would have recommended bloog as a far better product but they changed their juice and it now is junk. My current setup is a provari and kanger mt3 tanks. Yes I stand out and and proud of it. FYI I spent over 600 trying to find and use cigs likes and 2 vv mods one at 150 that I tossed after I learned that stacked battery's are not so good and the evic which is a back up. If I had to do it over again I would tank a few ego twists vv for the win. Vv is the best way to find the juice sweet spot. Also for great juice for a great price try mt baker vapor. It's the only juice I buy right now. Their apple rings peach rings and hawk sauce are my top three.

Smoke free since feb 19 2013
You know, I hate this attitude.

Not because you found what works for you. Congratulations! But this attitude that all cig-alikes suck is crap. I've used Blu cartos, and yes they are crap. But any 2.8-3.0 ohm carto at 3.7 volts sucks. That's vaping 101 around here.

But you see, I wasted a ton of money on manual and variable voltage devices. Because if you read any thread regarding cig-alikes and automatics around here, you're immediately scared away and jump to manual fat batteries and/or mods. So I spent the better part of 6 months trying to make fat batteries and manuals and variable voltage work for me. And, for me, they don't. I put my last cigarette down a little more than a month ago, and the device that did it for me was dripping on an automatic super-mini. And I had tried dripping many times before with many different configurations. I've even dripped recently on my one manual battery remaining, and I don't like it. It simply doesn't give me the same experience, or satisfaction, that dripping on my autos does. So if it wasn't for a cig-alike, then I'd still be smoking. And there are many people who can say the same.

tldr; Blu sucks, Blu cartos suck ≠ cig-alikes suck.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I did not mean to hate on all cigalikes. I loved bloog if I needed small form factor I would use bloog batts manual for sure. Just the whole kit I would not use as there juice is god awful. Cig a likes got me vaping. I just don't know any with good juice and quality now.
No worries.

I wasn't trying to single you out either. The attitude towards cig-alikes around here is very widespread. It just gets annoying after while when 90% of posts concerning them talks about how much they suck, especially since the majority of us started with them. So if it wasn't for a cig-alike, most of us would still be smoking.

So I apologize if I offended you.

Ferrel1134

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
St. Paul mn
No worries. I was heart broken when bloog changed there bloogberry flavor last month. I ordered 2 starter kits to try there new battery and cried almost. That was my all day vape and my number one stop to people I converted. I loved there cigalikes. Now I just don't trust them lol. And I can't in good faith send people to blu.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
People seem to always confuse the smaller Blu batteries, with the Premium 100. There really is a big difference. Batteries are 220 mah.
Smart chip in batteries and PCC to prevent overcharging. Larger cartos have a better draw, and hold a lot more juice. It has more in common with the Halo G6 or Volcano Magma, as far as battery life and performance. Blu also has a one year warranty.

510 threading gives you a lot of refill options. I use Jet Cigs as my main supplier. Mostly due to lower cost and better flavors. Cigalikes are great for vaping in public or while driving.
They're designed to be used on the go.

I have the JC Vea to use at home. Ordering the Halo Triton kit this week. My girlfriend talked me out of buying the e hookah for now.
I think every vaper should own a mini.
There are situations where a bulky PV is just impractical.

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
Impossible to overcharge maybe... but have you ever had a brainfart, forget that you're charging your batt and the safety mech kicks in? It discharges your charged batt AND then the case... :(

What are you using the standard PCC? Because the premium one does not do that, it charges the battery and then stops. You can't unscrew the battery on the premium one so it has to do that.

The problem with Blu's pre-filled cartos is that there's not a whole lot of juice in them. I found that they ran out very very fast. Within about 10 puffs they already started to get the burnt taste to them. I don't know if it's because they underfill them or if they have crappy carto filling... either way stick with the eGo and juice!

I never had that problem. They do not run out and get a burnt taste in 10 puffs. It was usually around 60 or so puffs for me when the flavor got really muted. The don't last that long yes, but not THAT short. I only smoked the vanilla though, so I don't know about the other flavors, and that matters. I wanted to like the java one, but no matter how many I tried, it never produced nearly as much vapor and I just couldn't use it. Vanilla worked great though...I always took two quick puffs before one long one to get the vapor flowing though.

People seem to always confuse the smaller Blu batteries, with the Premium 100. There really is a big difference. Batteries are 220 mah.
Smart chip in batteries and PCC to prevent overcharging. Larger cartos have a better draw, and hold a lot more juice. It has more in common with the Halo G6 or Volcano Magma, as far as battery life and performance. Blu also has a one year warranty.

510 threading gives you a lot of refill options. I use Jet Cigs as my main supplier. Mostly due to lower cost and better flavors. Cigalikes are great for vaping in public or while driving.
They're designed to be used on the go.

I have the JC Vea to use at home. Ordering the Halo Triton kit this week. My girlfriend talked me out of buying the e hookah for now.
I think every vaper should own a mini.
There are situations where a bulky PV is just impractical.

Good post, I have the Vea to, their cartos are sooo much bigger than the Blu ones I was amazed. I never used the 100 Blu though, but the Vea cartos are prob still a lot bigger. I have 2 ego-t batteries and the 2 Vea ones...to be honest I haven't touched the Blu since my ego's came, but still I think they aren't that bad. I wouldn't have quit without them. I vaped them for about 3 weeks to a month before my ego's came, and I didn't smoke one analog during that time. Plus that you can buy the cartos in basically any walgreens/retail store is amazing also, lot easier to do that then ordering online...wish they had the 100 cartos in the store though so I could've tried them. It also helped their juice is 100% VG, as I can't smoke the PG super minis. I could see myself using it on the go maybe instead of my 1000mah ego...but really the Vea is 650mah so it is small enough to use on the go where it isn't bothersome.

I have 8 Blu batteries and 3 of their PCC's sitting around now, but still it holds a special place in my heart. Their customer service is great, and everything is packaged well. Yeah the batteries don't last long, but they definitely last more than the 10 puffs or whatever that guy said in one of the first posts. If your battery was lasting 10 puffs it was a bad battery, did you not think that? Who the .... would make a product that lasts 10 puffs? Mine lasted about 120 or so, and the battery charged in about 35-40 minutes, not 2 hours or whatever the hell you said. I timed it many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread