Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I just found this thread & wanted to add my 2 cents as someone who actually does like the Blu still. I don't actually USE the Blu anymore but I like it. I don't use it because my charging pack broke a little over a year after getting the kit & I don't want to buy an entire kit to get the premium 100 case & battery, which is what I would want if I were to buy another.

HST I liked the convenience of the Blu. I also like the fact that I could have 4 cartos in a cool pcc & 2 batteries & didn't have to worry about my battery needing charging or filling something or whatever while out with other people. I didn't even have to keep the carto when it ran out (although I did & refilled them). If Blu were to put out a product with the power & performance of the eroll I would buy that product in a second because I like having a cigarette style ecig in my set of pvs. As it is however they do not have a product quite like the eroll & I don't trust their case not to break on me again just after the warranty runs out so I got an eroll.

But I would definitely not say their product sucks or anything. I think it's very nice & if someone were to buy the premium 100 kit (that was not available when I bought my kit from them) I bet they'd be happy with it even after moving on to a higher power device. That type of ecig still has it's place imo.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I agree but not with Blu there juices were nastyvt.I would have said bloog but they changed there juice now and ack. I'm looking for a cogalike for dinner party's.

I don't like their juice either. But for me I think it was because of the vg. I just can't do high vg juices. I ended up getting blank cartos right away & filling them myself. After that I was happy.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I still like the Premium 100.
It's perfect to use when out.
Not much for their juices either.
Which seems weird, since I also own a Vea..
The only ones I like are Tobacco and Cherry.
Java Jolt is the nastiest thing I've ever vaped.
Order my refills now from Jet.

A great cigalike is the Halo G6.
You can use their cartos, or any 808 threaded ones.
They even have a mini tank now.
They have some classy color choices.
Around $40 for a complete kit with coupon code.

I'm all set with the minis I already have. ( Blu 100, Jet 510 ).
But if I were starting from scratch. I would buy the G6.
I plan on ordering the Halo Triton Twist, whenever Halo has their next sale.

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I'll always have a soft spot for Blu. They were my first. And it was a disposable Blu I picked up just to try this "e-cig" thing out (while buying my regular carton) that got me started. I had this so weird event of forgetting to light up for nine hours. No, I went and checked the time on the receipt. It freaked me out to just forget to smoke.

I'm happily vaping on a Twist with clearos now but I dunno I would have discovered vaping without Blu being just about everywhere now. And wouldn't have found ECF if I hadn't been trying to find out more info on the whole e-cig thing.

I still want to like them. They look cool. But I think they spent too much time on being "cool" and not enough on that "works well" part...

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Blu is what got me started in vaping so that I am thankful for. I just actually posted my Blu set for sale tonight. I only used it two weeks but it was a cheap way to start and allow me to research a little without putting mega money into something that is hot today and not tomorrow. Wait I think that is the motto for the vaping world isn't it....LOL. So many new things come out every month and what was hot one day is yesterday's news today. I have also learned very quickly that just because many people like one thing that does not mean I will like it. All a matter of preference. If we all liked the same things we would have many less choices to choose form :)

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Blu is what got me started in vaping so that I am thankful for. I just actually posted my Blu set for sale tonight. I only used it two weeks but it was a cheap way to start and allow me to research a little without putting mega money into something that is hot today and not tomorrow. Wait I think that is the motto for the vaping world isn't it....LOL. So many new things come out every month and what was hot one day is yesterday's news today. I have also learned very quickly that just because many people like one thing that does not mean I will like it. All a matter of preference. If we all liked the same things we would have many less choices to choose form :)

Yeah it's not the absolutely worst way to get started. I wish they'd bring their quality up. They're not terrible, they're just not great. Make a good portable for many.

And there is something to be said for starting with a "cig-a-like". So many habits get built up in smoking. I think it helped me to start the switch using something a lot like a cigarette. It was a psychological thing but it seemed to help. I even got a little glass thing that was kind of a fake ashtray to set the Blu in while I was at the computer. Put it where the ashtray would normally sit. Caught myself actually "flicking ashes" (and laughed).

The batteries, though... I like to lost my mind. :)

You just can't squeeze much into a "cig-a-like" form. Their batteries can never last as long as an eGo or such.

Did get me going and got me here to ECF so I'll always have a soft spot for Blu. Even if they were bought by a tobacco company and I'll never trust a tobacco company. Last time I trusted a tobacco company, it did not turn out well...

fullajoyy

Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Big D, TX
I bought a used Blu for $45. It worked just fine for my purpose. I immediately started Blu on a c4 clearomizer versus the cartridges. It worked ok with some juice flavors but not with others. I also purchased a mini vivi nova, it worked fantastic but looked too awkward. Everyone's right, the battery sinks. I'll keep it around for nostalgia.

This week I got me an ego "Twist" with a 3.5ml vivi nova tank. Wow, what a different. I will enjoy it until I can find a small and stylish mod.

Happy Vaping!

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
I still use the Premium 100 every day at work.
It does the job & prevents people from freaking out.
Thanks to that Usual Suspects dude.
They know exactly what it is.
glare.gif
Also using Premium 100 here. No complaints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread