Blue Foam PLUG! UPDATED v2.0 "THE SLUG" - The Search is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numanoid

Jan 12, 2010
MN
What I think is happening to you is the cart is being overfilled. When you place the cart on the atty the atty bridge protruds into the cart. If the cart is full it will imediately displace the extra fluid. The only place that fluid has to go is out of the bottom air holes in the atty. I would try it with a little less topping off before giving up on the mod. Thicker fluid will not resolve this issue.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna give it another shot. I agree with you that it could be overfilled and I'll leave a bit below the lip to see if that helps at all.

One thing I can say for certain is that it's not leaking through or around the foam. I took a full cart, ensured it was moist on the top and turned it upside down on a paper towel for a few days. Not one spot of a leak, and the top was still moist.

I went back to the poly and man do I hate this stuff.

I'll be trying the slug again after work.

Someone clarify one thing for me. How far back should foam be from the top of the cart? 1-2 mm?

marlboro_man

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Across-the-Pond-England-UK
Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna give it another shot. I agree with you that it could be overfilled and I'll leave a bit below the lip to see if that helps at all.

One thing I can say for certain is that it's not leaking through or around the foam. I took a full cart, ensured it was moist on the top and turned it upside down on a paper towel for a few days. Not one spot of a leak, and the top was still moist.

I went back to the poly and man do I hate this stuff.

I'll be trying the slug again after work.

Someone clarify one thing for me. How far back should foam be from the top of the cart? 1-2 mm?

In a 510 or 901 cart... forget the straw or whatever dont over complicate it !! ffs

cut yur blue foam or whatever, to just over the width of ur cart, say 1/4 " (5mm) FTFC's on the average cart's.. on the 901 / 510 .then cut a length as long as yer like ..u can then cut bit off about say 3/4" (20mm) for the french chaps,, grab it in the middle with blunt small tweezers so the long bits ends will look at you (Thats why the org.. guy eclypse says get the U size) saves the thinking element plus its the right size ... But we have scissors?? dont we ??? as you slide into cart ,, check size to where the shoulders are ? not on 901, but there is a shelf of sorts...cut level with top of cart .DONE 4 NOW .. removeblus stuff ... fill cart with juice to half full / half empty for the true blues,, push back in plug so it touches liquid allow to soak 2 secs,, tamp with tweezers ...Now the atty will be sort of touching the blue stuff and burn it ?? NO!! push on atty do no fire up.. now remove atty look for the impression it leaves ??? there should be a footprint of the atty bridge ?? It should rest nicely close to the blue stuff but not forcing it,, almost like a marrage ,,close but not to much touching :) I could had said more but I am being watched by her... who has to be obeyed!!! her indoors.Now top up juice 1 or 2 drops allow to settle 1st time ..push in atty..go down on knees for 30 seconds fire up and take a small draw maybe 2 then hit it!!! Job done

Look if this makes sense??? lovelly- jubbly let me know if not go get a pack of Newports menthol I'll pay?? if it aint working? then I am the only one that it is working for,, come round to mine and I'll fix it 4 ya-all

It's took me an hour to type this as I am ? challenged but I am still vaping same blus plug thanks to Ecylpso boy

I am so glad I read ALL this post as it works for me I dont have to keep topping up every 20 draws or as I am now sucking an mt straw typing this

the guy who spent a lot of time and effort (Blood sweat and prob tears) got it right absolutely Bravvo Eclypse mate -------- moved on now a wealth of dedication and knowledge.. maybe to big forthis forum though???

Always dig out the clever guy... glean the idea and denouce..what a shame

anyways had me rant

I am a hammer and nail guy amd the blue fish stuff works for me ***** not all that measuring game just a pair of scissors and a vodka eye 10 drops in a 901 cart in a 510 atty will last till I am sucking air

Tweezers in hand remove plug top up and then another 20 mins solid

cant do that with a marlboro :thumbs:

fancy

marlboro_man

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for explaining it so well, because I just did this mod sans pics. Now I've only been puffin' for about 5 minutes, but so far, so good.

Thanks!

Just don't over do it m8, slowly its like braking in a new atty..

Just put ur mouth to the cart and take ur draws down slowly

Just dont swallow the juice m8 :)

slowly--- slowly--- catchy=== Monkey

Honestly m8.. I nearly gave all this up I have a brand new un opened pack of Reds sitting here for 3 months and now someone will have to prize my dead Cold hand from my better PVD :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I will have to post this tongue:p in cheek because I think I said exactly the same to my better half (Her in Doors) when we first met...:thumbs: :oops:

Last edited:

IdolLurker

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida USA
In a 510 or 901 cart... forget the straw or whatever dont over complicate it !! ffs

the guy who spent a lot of time and effort (Blood sweat and prob tears) got it right absolutely Bravvo Eclypse mate -------- moved on now a wealth of dedication and knowledge.. maybe to big forthis forum though???

Tweezers in hand remove plug top up and then another 20 mins solid

cant do that with a marlboro :thumbs:

fancy

I am not sure if I am doing this right yet on my 510...I made the BFP but am still having problems with getting juice into my mouth every once in a while :shock: more frequently when it is hot too. I am thinking it is because my standard batts are crap and the drop off happens too soon and then just can't handle my thinned VG juice. I did find that if I made the plug into a "wedgie" - much wider on the end that goes toward the atty bridge that it helped keep juice from coming through the mouthpiece. I tried the straw but that made it worse so back to the future. I am not drawing too hard either but have to admit that I have turned into a mad vapist :rolleyes: and run down my standard batts quickly.

I also found that once the BFP gets going then I can continue to vape and just top off every 5 mins but long to do it like you described. I haven't vaped for 20 mins cause my 510 atty gets too hot anyhow. Why did I buy these batteries anyhow...have a PT coming in the mail and will try again with both 510 and 901 atty. Hope that will help.

I think Eclipse got banned...someone else mentioned it. If so, hopefully he can come back from camp soon. I don't think he would voluntarily abandon his great BFP entourage.

redemma

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Charlottesville, VA
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: duplicate posts

redemma

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Charlottesville, VA
gosh, haven't been here for awhile, and now eclypse is banned? missed that....hmm. I love this mod - the blue foam works great for me & my hb & several friends. I agree with the above, I just cut it a tiny bit wider than the cart opening, doesn't need to be too precise, cut it approximately to the length from the mouth to the lip (no, just a bit shorter...again, I've found the measurements don't need to be too precise), and the cart takes 8 or so drops, pop in the plug, top it off with a couple drops, and it's good to go. Not complicated. We ordered a bunch of mega batts from TW during the anniversary sale, so I don't even bother with the PCC, just throw batts & pre-filled BFP carts into a hard eyeglass case, Yes, I wash the plugs and reuse. They are quite durable and easier than polyfill. I only get a mouthful of juice when I overfill, or forget to put the plug in (yes, done that several times....now I'm over it....).
Well, happy vaping all!

IdolLurker

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida USA
Dude, thank you so much. I just got my foam and was gonna try to wing it off my memory of the pics. Kudos!

So I have been struggling to get it all right and enjoy the long vaping runs everyone talked about for a month. Almost ready to put down the 510 and try cartomizers and then poof. Today for unknown reasons everything worked...no juice in the mouth...nice long clouds of vapor and my crappy standard batts even lasted longer. The good efairy must have come down and twanged it. I have no explanation but am smiling through the clouds.

Nice since its my 30 day anniversary from quitting analogues today and now have a 5 Volt 510 passthrough on its way :D. Anybody using BFP with higher voltage and know it is ok?

marlboro_man

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
So I have been struggling to get it all right and enjoy the long vaping runs everyone talked about for a month. Almost ready to put down the 510 and try cartomizers and then poof. Today for unknown reasons everything worked...no juice in the mouth...nice long clouds of vapor and my crappy standard batts even lasted longer. The good efairy must have come down and twanged it. I have no explanation but am smiling through the clouds.

Nice since its my 30 day anniversary from quitting analogues today and now have a 5 Volt 510 passthrough on its way :D. Anybody using BFP with higher voltage and know it is ok?

Well done,,, 30 days.. getting there ..It's well worth it

I use BFP in the 801 / 901 / 510 carts on 3.7v and 5v pass throughs with
no problem's .

just make sure the filler is not drying out to fast.by excessive atty overuse (puff-puff) ,,not giving fluval achance to keep moist?, where the atty's nestle's in the fluval,

I have noticed that there has been a slight discolouration near that point but has turned out to be globlet's of juice ready to be atomized.....

Last edited:

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
I think the filler will always dry out if there is no air intake mecanism. As the liquid evaporates near the atomizer heater element, a vacuum forms in the bottom of the cart and prevents further liquid flow. I'm really just trying to get enough posts made to be able to share my idea with you guys. I showed my little cart mod to the Janty guys in South Africa and they are now talking to the manufacturers to see if they can't manufature this into their carts as a standard :p

Hopefully I will have made enough posts soon to be able to share with you all. I don't want to post a reply to an existing thread with a new idea...

Cheers!

;)

marlboro_man

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
I think the filler will always dry out if there is no air intake mecanism. As the liquid evaporates near the atomizer heater element, a vacuum forms in the bottom of the cart and prevents further liquid flow. I'm really just trying to get enough posts made to be able to share my idea with you guys. I showed my little cart mod to the Janty guys in South Africa and they are now talking to the manufacturers to see if they can't manufature this into their carts as a standard :p

Hopefully I will have made enough posts soon to be able to share with you all. I don't want to post a reply to an existing thread with a new idea...

Cheers!

;)

Why don't you use "the new member" forum facility to say hello? that will take you closer to being able to post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread