Blue Foam PLUG! UPDATED v2.0 "THE SLUG" - The Search is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k lady

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Montana
Are there any aussies here that have found "blue foam" or a similar material so I can try this mod? Otherwise is there a kind soul out there that would be willing to send a couple premade downunder?:oops:

Certainly! I've sent small pieces to California and South Africa, why not Australia?! PM me with your mailing address and I'll mail some off to you. It really is the best cart mod I've found so far. :)

CaptSpaulding1000

Jan 12, 2010
Canada
Hello all i have a question. the foam suggested on in this tread is really hard to find in Canada (don't want the hassle of ordering from us). I found this stuff at a local aquarium supply shop do you think its the same? thank you in advance for all your help.

can not post links
do a google search on this and you will find it
Eheim Coarse Filter Pad for 2232/2234/2236 Canister Filter

CaptSpaulding1000

Jan 12, 2010
Canada
Hello all i have a question. the foam suggested on in this tread is really hard to find in Canada (don't want the hassle of ordering from us). I found this stuff at a local aquarium supply shop do you think its the same? thank you in advance for all your help.

can not post links

marlboro_man

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Across-the-Pond-England-UK

can not post links

I would go with that, if its cheap enough and you can trim it to size with scissors ,as long as it holds the liquid

Bafyo

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
Are there any aussies here that have found "blue foam" or a similar material so I can try this mod? Otherwise is there a kind soul out there that would be willing to send a couple premade downunder?:oops:
hey darkmonk i'm form sydney and went into a local aquarium shop and bought anythink that looked like blue foam, but i avoided the black one read somewhere here it wasn't good but the foam i got was white. try this site aquaticlifeaquariums

Stu99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
New York
I have become quite good at making these. i have made about 25 of them with NO leakage in my 510. i can easily kill a battery with out adding juice. I was going to start using carto's but i thought why not fill up the standard cart and just find a material that will prevent leakage. THIS DOES EXACTLY THAT. Ive tried the straw mod (not bad), the spring mod (not crazy about adding metal to the cart), the tea bag mod (did get some leakage). This works EXCELLENT. The only advice i have is to fill the cart about 3/4 then insert plug below juice level (so you see the juice in the cart), then top off cart. Then you reach in with the tweezers and pull the filler to the edge of the cart. When you insert the cart onto the atomizer, the atomizer will adjust the filler automatically. If you feel like the fluid is not wicking enough, just give it a light tap or 2 on the battery end. I say this because i make the plugs a bit larger than most but i would rather have to give it a tap than have it leak. We all know the sticky feeling of juice on the hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread