Cola Cleaning Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Pete - do you mean it runs better with the added ethanol ?

Perhaps because it recuces both the viscosity and overall boiling point of the mix, it might be expected to reduce the deposit formation a bit as I have theorised before. If it is so nototiceable then perhaps the difference is more than a bit :) Early days though, but certainly interesting.

At the moment everything seems to be working better kinabaloo...the wicking, a more consistent vapour and the atomizer performance is still not much worse than new... and that really is unusual....I am used to them being almost unvapable after just a few days.
I hope this isn't just a bit of a good luck. Your theory does seem logical and I hope you are right.

Oh and I have tried soaking one of my dead gunked up coils overnight in that Barkeepers friend......no luck:(.........but it's brilliant stuff for cleaning my stainless steel saucepans!!:):)..

Last edited:

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
..snip..
But the next step of 1% being inhaled is perhaps not fair, as much of the tar from an analogue gets caught by the filter
.snip..

The tar quoted on cigg packets is after the filter,
so the higher ratios are probably nearer, imo.

Pete,
I've seen & discussed something of the effect of diluting glycerol
using alcohol vs water, in gunk deposition,
possibly that's what kin. is referring to.

When water is used, the e-liquid is definately slower to vapourise,
I assume this is due to the higher boiling point.
Possibly this leads to more gunk being made,
but I've not verified that.
It's quite a pronounced effect when you see it happening, compared
to diluting with isopropyl alcohol.

Probably that's why there's no water in commercial e-liquids.

Then again vodka is 60% water, so maybe straight grain alcohol
(ethyl alcohol) would give a better result.

Maybe you're onto something....

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
As was reported in this article, was the fact that Ruyan had done further studies conducted by Pony Testing.

Pony Testing identifies themselves as:
PONY TEST(Short for PONY TESTing International Group),the leading testing organization, has qualification of the CNAS and CMA, gets mutually recognized agreement including USA, UK, Germany etc. 58 countries and regions. As a large comprehensive testing organization which runs on the basis of ISO/IEC 17925, the report provided by PONY TEST obtain international approval and international notarization & credit. Up to now, we have set up 4 large laboratories in China, 6 branches and 21 offices in UK, HK etc., formed an international testing network. In 2007, it honored "Deloitte Technology Fast 50 China" and "Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific". See http://www.ponytest.com/about-en.html

Here are the four new reported test results performed for Ryan by Pony and they are very encouraging. Note. Click on the photo after opening to enlarge the photo. I do not see any tar here and this is the most comprensive studies so far. Pony does not play games with their findings–--Sun

Results For Propylene Glycol
http://www.ruyan.com.cn/UploadFile/20081120052241578.jpg
Results For Chemical Reaction When Cartridge is Atomized
http://www.ruyan.com.cn/UploadFile/20081120052835906.jpg
Results For Zero Nicotine Cartridge and Temperature
http://www.ruyan.com.cn/UploadFile/20081120051915593.jpg
Results For Nicotine in Cartridges
http://www.ruyan.com.cn/UploadFile/20081120052713875.jpg

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Pete--I just fixed them--thanks --Sun

Thanks Sun...I can't say I really understood them much but they seem to be reporting negligible amounts of 'stuff' in the vapour...It would need some kind of comparison table....I would be willing to bet we breath in far more trace metals and other nasty stuff from the fumes of just one passing car in a day than we do from heavily vaping all day.

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
I always have thought the Ruyan PG tests are a tad short on detail,
- of all kinds.

The Totally Wicked (PG + some glycerine) & EcoPure (glycerine only)
tests have a lot more information.

I did try getting a small bottle of straight ethyl alcohol
from Boots, but they're not licenced (they said).
Probably only from lab. suppliers then ? (& with a duty paid price at that).

The trouble is it's one of those licenced/regulated chemicals for obvious reasons.

Than again, if you've got a Still...I think moonshine has a higher alcohol content.

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
Hmmm, somewhat better with the edit....

Intellicig did tests on vapour for their glyerol-based EcoPure liquid,
& concluded that (paraphrased) 'all as expected & no nasties were detected'.

Not really convincing, since the tests were aimed at the major components,
glycerol, nicotine & flavour.
i.e. testing was not aimed at quantifying the (potential) nasties.

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
ma li mortacci mia e li vostra... in quella resistenza infuocata si sprigionano gli stessi agenti di un sigaretta normale.... e in più altri agenti chimici sconosciuti.... e tutti fumano le sigarette elettroniche.... C'E UN ANALISI PLAUSIBILE? CHE CAZZO FUMO??? COSA ESCE? VAPORE?????? NON PENSO PROPRIO COGLIONI!!!

Unfortunately I don't have my universal translator handy.

Grandma Cas

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Chesham UK
www.womens-words.com
ma li mortacci mia e li vostra... in quella resistenza infuocata si sprigionano gli stessi agenti di un sigaretta normale.... e in più altri agenti chimici sconosciuti.... e tutti fumano le sigarette elettroniche.... C'E UN ANALISI PLAUSIBILE? CHE CAZZO FUMO??? COSA ESCE? VAPORE?????? NON PENSO PROPRIO COGLIONI!!!

sergiom, provare questo traduttore, Google Translate può essere utile quando si fa domande sulla qui :D

sergiom1961

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Hmmm, somewhat better with the edit....

Intellicig did tests on vapour for their glyerol-based EcoPure liquid,
& concluded that (paraphrased) 'all as expected & no nasties were detected'.

Not really convincing, since the tests were aimed at the major components,
glycerol, nicotine & flavour.
i.e. testing was not aimed at quantifying the (potential) nasties.
it is a test of the vapour? what is in the vapour? the vapor what really contain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread