Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I just got me GG Penelope last night, and this thing hits like crazy. I think I'm going to have to reduce my nic levels pretty soon.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if there's a bit of a time period that it takes to break in the wick. The flavor isn't coming through 100%, I've been playing with the liquid flow control and I can't seem to find a sweet spot yet. It's either dry hits now and again, or flooding. When I get a dry hit, I usually open the flow up a bit and rotate the mod around for a second and it fixes it...but, is this normal?

Am I just discovering that the wick needs to be broken in a bit before it works fantastic?

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
We meet again. I'm not intentionally following you around, seriously.:) I'm working on my third refill of my newly aquired Penelope and I have'nt had any problem with wicking. The wick should work from the start assuming it was primed first to help start the process. Actually mine seems to wick sort of the opposite of yours, I can open it a little or a few more turns and it seems to be pretty close to the same either way. I have had a few times where I did'nt seem to get good flavor, but I chalked that up to vaping a few different pv's( different juices) at the same time. The only time I get any gurgling is when I refill, and I have'nt had a single dry hit. Not really sure why yours would be either dry hitting or flooding. I'd take it apart, clean it, and give it a close look to be sure everything is in order.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
You were on the thread where I decided to get a rebuildable. :)

Not too long after I posted this, I decided to pull it apart and see if maybe I had something in the wrong spot. Dumped 2mls of liquid onto a paper towel and wiped it down, disassembled down to the wicking. The base had somehow either cross threaded or grabbed onto the lower nut that holds one of the wires. I had to use a cloth to grip it and get it apart...and I adjusted the base a bit as I put it back together.

Since that, I haven't had any issues. It's worth noting that I adjusted the positive post up a little bit on the Penelope. Maybe it was squishing the bottom o-ring? Also, about a full turn lets the juice flow keep up.

So...must just be my learning curve for this fancy device. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread