Status
Not open for further replies.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Hello everyone.

After extensive reading about it, I just had to try it.

I got myself some Graham rayon. It's without no doubt the rayon version. Just in case, I set it on fire and smells like burned cigarette paper.

To make it as fair as possible to rayon, I used a tank that I know inside-out. It was time to re-wick the Doggystyle and instead of Cotton Bacon I used the new material. Everything done as usual, dry burn to clean coil, a good wash, resistance test and all was good. Same liquid as before to give it a good comparison.

I wicked it tight, longer legs than normal, all fluffy and primed before closing the tank. Resistance the same as before, everything looking normal.

First puffs... here we go. There 's some break-in time but the initial wick taste is defenetly not the same as cotton. It wicks as fast as cotton so that means I did that part right. After some puffs flavour starts coming in stronger. Throat hit doesn't seem as strong because it feels smoother or clearer, it it makes sense.

A tank is gone without dry hits... some chain vaping involved. Wicked like a champ. I think I perhaps need to pack it a little looser in the coil. Flavour is not as intense or full as with cotton

For a first try, I think the experience was good and it is something to invest in. Will test it on the Gear and in an rda next weekend.

Thank you for the time reading this. All tips welcome.

Take care.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I don’t notice much difference between the two except Cotton will give me a toliet paper smell taste in the beginning. Rayon is tasteless from the jump so I appreciate the lack of breaking in rayon has over cotton. The biggest difference is price though. If cotton was the cost of rayon I would probably use it. I also like how rayon is packaged. I know what certain rta/rda’s need for wicking being rayon is uniformly packaged in that nice rope. Some take half a rope and the Profile rda for instance takes one and a half ropes to wick properly. Well I’ve said too much so I leave you with a warm and hearty Welcome to the Rayonatti. That’s the rayon equivalent to the Illuminatti in case you weren’t aware. Anyway you are now part of a secret society of rayon users that control world governments and influence world affairs to benefit rayon production and its users.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Hello everyone.

Some updates:
-With my atties that I know very well, I'm not having to adjust the technique that much. I would almost say it's intuitive.
-Flavour wise I was expecting to notice something more... I think I'm packing it too tight... not sure...
-If anything it lasts the same as Cotton Baccon, flavour is the same and it's so much cheaper.

I don’t notice much difference between the two except Cotton will give me a toliet paper smell taste in the beginning. Rayon is tasteless from the jump so I appreciate the lack of breaking in rayon has over cotton. The biggest difference is price though. If cotton was the cost of rayon I would probably use it. I also like how rayon is packaged. I know what certain rta/rda’s need for wicking being rayon is uniformly packaged in that nice rope. Some take half a rope and the Profile rda for instance takes one and a half ropes to wick properly. Well I’ve said too much so I leave you with a warm and hearty Welcome to the Rayonatti. That’s the rayon equivalent to the Illuminatti in case you weren’t aware. Anyway you are now part of a secret society of rayon users that control world governments and influence world affairs to benefit rayon production and its users.

Agree with you 100%

Stop by in the Rayon thread, lots of excellent info in there.

Already did before posting this thread.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Greetings.

New update.

I'm fully converted to rayon

My technique is not that different from what I used with cotton bacon. Easy transition.

Flavour wise all atomisers on daily rotation have improved flavour, less gunk in coils and the wick is almost clean when I need to clean the coil. I can actually use more power with same buils as with cotton, and that is also a factor on the improvement I'm feeling.

From rdl to fully dl, rdas and rtas, single or double coils, It's a win.

Thank you for all tips.

Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
That is all I used for years and I stopped and went to cotton. I got my old trunk out of the attic and I have two ziplock baggies fully packed of Rayon. Used to swear by it back in the Kayfun and mechanical mod days. Have to start testing again with all this new fancy vapes of today. LOL CHEERS!

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread