Building Custom Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Just a thought; clearly you're the machinist and craftsman. Would it make things easier to have a bent shank on the pipe body itself, and then affix the parts to the end of it? My auto pipe has about a 1" shank, and then the attachments. Might help with the costs?

Post a photo on here for me, would ya. I think I know what it looks like, just want to make sure.

Thanks

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
New bowl design. More of an apple shape, looks more like a pipe bowl. Feels good in the hand too. Put aliitle more meat on the top aswell. I have all the parts to put it together and will do that tomorrow. Did a small change on the electronics. I'll go over that when I get this pipe finished. Enjoy:)

NewPipe34002_zps47c70946.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe34003_zps969a37b8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe34004_zps052ddec2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe34005_zpsd97240ee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe34006_zpsb74599c3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe34007_zps531d3bd2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Here's a pic of what I'm referring to:

Yes, we are thinking along the same lines. The pipe below is the shape I want to go with. The cost in making the mouth piece is getting the wire into it and then removing the insert with a bend in it, after the plastic has harden. I want the bend in the mouth piece and not have it be two parts. If I didn't have the wire in it, I would just pull two insert from both directions. Like anything I have a plan. Never done it in over 30 years of mold making but trying something new is what I do. You'll see it here if I pull it off.

Just a question here for anyone, seems most the demographic today prefer bent pipes. Is that true?

BentPipe2_zps033d378e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

tanner150

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Texas
Yes, we are thinking along the same lines. The pipe below is the shape I want to go with. The cost in making the mouth piece is getting the wire into it and then removing the insert with a bend in it, after the plastic has harden. I want the bend in the mouth piece and not have it be two parts. If I didn't have the wire in it, I would just pull two insert from both directions. Like anything I have a plan. Never done it in over 30 years of mold making but trying something new is what I do. You'll see it here if I pull it off.

Just a question here for anyone, seems most the demographic today prefer bent pipes. Is that true?

[/URL][/IMG]

To answer your question, for me, yes and no. All I have is bent shank, but I do thoroughly like the look of the straight shank. I'm ready to hear a price to see if it fits my vape budget.

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
To answer your question, for me, yes and no. All I have is bent shank, but I do thoroughly like the look of the straight shank. I'm ready to hear a price to see if it fits my vape budget.

Thanks for your input. I'm still working on a price. I need to do some beta testing here in the Northwest first.

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Stopped work on the next pipe in line because I want to make an upgrade to the adaptor. The wood in it's bowl was carbon tested to be over 30,000 years old and not turned to stone. There was some pin holes in it but, I was able to work around it. Not something I"m going to use on retail pipes. This one is going to be my daily vaper.:vapor::vapor:

NewPipe35001_zps40700660.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe35002_zps5d830904.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Birddog

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Peyton, Colorado

[/URL][/IMG]

Just thinking out loud again. I'm still trying to figure out how your pipe fires, compared to the automatic I have. Your electronic section looks similar. But the pipe I use most (not the one I pictured) is an auto, and all I have to do is pull on it for it to vape.

Would using a ego or 510 connection simply work, or do you need to wire the stem in order to make your pipe fire?

And by the way, that pipe you pictured is beautiful...

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Just thinking out loud again. I'm still trying to figure out how your pipe fires, compared to the automatic I have. Your electronic section looks similar. But the pipe I use most (not the one I pictured) is an auto, and all I have to do is pull on it for it to vape.

Would using a ego or 510 connection simply work, or do you need to wire the stem in order to make your pipe fire?

And by the way, that pipe you pictured is beautiful...

Yes, you need to have the wire in the mouth piece to complete the ciruit that turns on the power transistor. I thought about doing a diaphram switch in my pipes. There are give and takes on both designs. I went with the touch switch. I could just put a Protank on the end of the stem and use it to complete the circuit but,I want it to look like a tobacco pipe. That means the Protank needs to be inside the mouth piece and it has to have a wire in it.

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I am still in awe watching these beautiful pipes in development! I love the curved stem, but don't take my vote to heart since I recently lost my income. I'm also quite impressed that you made the pcb waterproof...very good idea :)

Sorry about the recent change in income. That's never fun before the holidays. Hang in there.

Yes the board is water proof, the ends of the wires are sealed and the wood inside the bowl is sealed with a polymer sealent. The wires are silver/lead tinned the full lenght. Some of the parts are going to be 14k, hot tank, gold plated. I run hot water down through the top of the bowl and let it come out the adaptor. Being that I vape it both ways, I get a lot of build up of e-juice inside the bowl. I don't want it to get old and sticky so I wash it out. Turn it upsidedown on a paper towel and let it dry over night. Have a nice clean vape in the morning. I want these pipes to last a long long time.:)

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well I think I'm done with the straight stem pipe. I'm happy with the bowl design and how the mouth piece turned out. I made a change in the PCB. The LED is dim when the mizer is connected and very bright when it is not. It goes off if the coil is to low of an ohm or the battery gets low. This just helps for a quik check if there is a problem. There is a upgrade to the center pin of the adaptor but it hasn't showed up yet. More on that later. I have to finish the drill jigs and fixtures, then I can start on the bent pipe. Enjoy the pictures.:)

NewPipe36001_zpse726f462.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe36003_zpsbb1c7921.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe36004_zps1bf21e21.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe36005_zps6b64cb9a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe36006_zps65d0383b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe36008_zps0e28f934.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe36009_zps9372d4fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewPipe36010_zps21944b88.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mstr Mashnst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Very, very nice! I still picture that pipe on the set of Mad Men.

Thank you. And you should picture it as an old school pipe. From cartoons to the president of the United States, all smoked straight pipes, down through history. Even Santa himself likes a nice bowl of fine Virgina tobacco in a straight pipe. There was only one person that broke the mold in books and the movies, that my friend was Sherlock Holmes. I can remember as a kid, all the men after church, and Father too, would go out to the court yard to smoke thier pipes. Straight pipes was what I remember everyone having. Flash forwards fourty years and go into any pipe shop. 90%+ of thier pipes are bent stem. It will turn back to straight stems again. I plan to have both. I'm working on the bent stem/mouthpiece.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread