CALIFORNIA VAPERS: Things are getting ugly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
"Proposals to hike California’s tobacco-buying age to 21 and regulate electronic cigarettes did not get an Assembly floor vote before the legislative session concluded on Friday."

The picture is, of course, from their archives--those people are vaping in broad daylight. :)

Night, folks.

And thanks, Stefan, wherever you are!
According to Sacremento Bee, it's not over just yet...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
The Sac Bee recently published an ecig article about vaping that was so horrendous I'll never completely believe them again. Even with the Butte Fire, I can't trust what they say without backing it up from another source. I hope I don't get another rude awakening in the morning and it really is over. Until January. At least the temperature will be more conducive to shipping nic then.

Thanks all for hanging in there. Except zoiDman, of course. Hope you had nightmares all night, dude. Of course I'm kidding. Looking forward to your take as to what just happened because we sure the hell don't and we were there. Aaaagh!

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Reactions: FlamingoTutu

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So, why the hell did they propose it in the first place?!

You're not really expecting an answer to this question, are you?
proxy.php

Are you?

Because they are ANTZ. They can't help themselves. It's a disease.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
From the article.
"By reviving similar bills under a special healthcare session, legislators evaded the committee. Because regular deadlines do not apply to special sessions, both measures could still see votes in the weeks to come."
I hope this isn't a wrench in the gears.
Anyway thanks for all the updates and a special thanks to the boots on the ground
in California,
Regards
Mike

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
:thumb:
Congrats All, it sounds like your efforts have gained their attention, at least enough to delay the vote on those bills. :)

Though it sounds like they may be trying something sneaky to get these bills past, it looks like to me (I've been lurking from over here in Georgia :)) that the Vaping community in California is ready and willing to fight whatever comes their way.
:headbang:

Great Job California Vapers!!!! :thumbs:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Although I believe we are in Better Shape than if the Assembly had convened the 2nd Extraordinary Session yesterday, we are Still Not Out of the Woods yet.

It appears that the Joint Rules Deadline of Sept. 11th does Not Apply to Extraordinary Sessions.

This may Actually work in our Favor. In that, we have now an 2nd Opportunity to contact Representatives to present Opposition to a Much Smaller set of pending Bills.

I would suggest that people Pass the Word thru Social Media that these CA e-Cigarette/Tax Bills Did Not Expire Yesterday. Contrary to what people may Read in the Media that the 2015 California Legislative Session has Ended.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
So, why the hell did they propose it in the first place?!

To secure donations from NJOY and BT for next year. Propose it, go through the motions, delay, delay... The politicians win because they pleased their base by looking like they tried to do something and will secure more donations when they bring it back next year. Vendors are also big winners, from those endlessly stockpiling at every 'scare' which rarely results in anything...

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Maybe it's time to start pressing governor Brown. Maybe he can see that screwing up peoples' lives and creating a ruggedized black market is, well, disadvantages for the state. Just a thought.

Unfortunately, ole JB, and his merry band of bozos and thieves don't care about screwin up our lives, they have their own agenda to pursue.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Unfortunately, ole JB, and his merry band of bozos and thieves don't care about screwin up our lives.

Yeah... And seeing that it was Moonbeam who Called for the Extraordinary Sessions, I wouldn't look for much Support from the Governor's Office on Any of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread