Can I smoke a basic ecig in the bathroom at work and not be caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago

Yes, as long as its fruit or candy flavored juice, then yes. That way if anyone comes in and questions the smell, you can tell them you are wearing your new Fabreeze Underpants.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't recommend you violate you workspace policies but, if you choose to, try unflavored, with a fairly high PG component to lessen the cloud, and hold the hit. And boost the nic in your unflavored juice so you heed fewer pulls.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

NO!

You will most definitely be caught and likely kill yourself as well.

DO NOT light the end of your ecigarette! Plastic produces toxins when it burns and will also set off the fire alarm and/or sprinkler system.

Now, If youre asking about vaping a basic e-cig in the bathroom, I see no reason why you shouldnt provided that you take reasonable precautions like those already mentioned in this thread.

SpaceApe

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I do it all the time, but only while in the stall *ahem* attending to other matters, even while others are coming and going. I've never been asked about it, and if I am, I would act horrified that anyone would dare question the smell of my bodily functions.

Thanks! I had to clean my keyboard and screen after reading that :) Drinking soda and reading forums sometimes gets messy.

Reactions: thetrucker

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
You better check for video surveillance in the stall.
It's a different world now.

The last place where I worked, a major defense contractor, installed very obvious scanning surveillance cameras on the ceiling of a large cubicle area, for "employee safety" ... :rolleyes:

In addition to the company security cops, managers and supervisors could access these video feeds at their desks, and some became obsessed with workplace voyeurism, watching to find women with low cut tops, or timing bathroom breaks. One vertically challenged project manager commented that he now knew which of his subordinates had bald spots. It was bizarre ... :shock:

The pushback was very creative. One guy balanced a huge sombrero on the top of his screen, blocking the view from above. Others used umbrellas, or a sheet of cardboard taped to the monitor as a hood. If questioned, they would claim that it was to reduce the glare from overhead lighting ... :cool:

This nonsense was still going on when I retired last year ... :blink:

BobbyGWurd

Nov 13, 2015
Calgary, Canada

NO!

You will most definitely be caught and likely kill yourself as well.

DO NOT light the end of your ecigarette! Plastic produces toxins when it burns and will also set off the fire alarm and/or sprinkler system.

Now, If youre asking about vaping a basic e-cig in the bathroom, I see no reason why you shouldnt provided that you take reasonable precautions like those already mentioned in this thread.

You just made my entire week with that! Very good.

Reactions: zapped

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Do you value your job?
Do you have bills you need to pay?
Do people depend on you to "bring home the bacon"?

If you answered yes to any of these then why on earth would you even risk it?
It's hard enough getting a good job these days, just my opinion.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Do you value your job?
Do you have bills you need to pay?
Do people depend on you to "bring home the bacon"?

If you answered yes to any of these then why on earth would you even risk it?
It's hard enough getting a good job these days, just my opinion.

It's easier to have a little break every now and then, go outside and enjoy your vape
Stealth vape. What they don't see doesn't hurt them. What on Earth can any body do?
"Is that an ego in your pocket or, are you just glad to see me?".
Regards
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread