Can I smoke a basic ecig in the bathroom at work and not be caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Some are, but what states allow smoking indoors in a workplace?
The correct question would be, what states include vaping in their indoor smoking bans?

ETA: I'm not advocating sidestepping company policy, just pointing out that it's different from breaking the law.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Well? Has the OP done it yet?? Inquiring minds want to know, LOL.

Back in high school we would take a wad of TP, and exhale through it. :?)

I used to do similar things to get away with it, but the older wiser me would like to ask my younger dumb self,"Hey doofus what about all the smoke coming off the end of the cigarette?". :lol:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I'm of a pretty firm belief that you should avoid vaping in places you didn't previously smoke because you're only building new associations with an addiction, associations you didn't previously make.

Also I'm of a pretty firm belief that a tiny bit of nicotine relief isn't worth getting fired over. Like realistically, how much of a "fix" are you gonna get if you have to be sneaky and take small puffs?

Take it outside or ask a superior who isn't gonna be a narc about it.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I used to do similar things to get away with it, but the older wiser me would like to ask my younger dumb self,"Hey doofus what about all the smoke coming off the end of the cigarette?". :lol:

Hey, I did`nt say I got away with it, LOL. It was more like a 50-50 thing.
Then there was the time I took other stuff into Dizzyland, that was a complete bust. Dude was even dressed like a cartoon Mounty, SMH. Lets just say I should have been much more prepared, ha, ha.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReigntheGamer

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Illinois.

Vaping does not violate the smoking law here because there is no combustion involved. Workplace policies are an entirely different matter.
Aren't they the same people that want to tax ejuice up the wazoo?

But still, that's cool. I kind of figured all lawmakers would be, "looks like smoke to me"

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Aren't they the same people that want to tax ejuice up the wazoo?

But still, that's cool. I kind of figured all lawmakers would be, "looks like smoke to me"

Chicago does not comprise all of Illinois. In fact, most of Illinois is a corn/soybean field. :)

They've tried to roll e-cigs into the ban and have been faced with a lot of resistance and information foisted upon them.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
These threads make me embarrassed to be a member here.

It makes me wonder if I've somehow entered the kids section of this forum.

I love these posts! They show a good sense of humour, laughing is good. Try it.
I'm all for humour and I enjoy the tongue in cheek responses but I believe the OP isn't looking for tongue in cheek answers.

My general rule is if I can't smoke cigarettes there I'm not vaping there. It's a rule that works for me and doesn't annoy others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread