Cartomizer Tank Master List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
I own the VPX Cartomator and the M1A1 Buzz tank.... I think I prefer the VPX as it doesn't seem to alter the juice taste AS MUCH. Does anyone know of the best tank to get that won't alter/degrade the flavor of the juice while vaping? I know the voltage also plays a part... lighter fruity juices vape better at lower voltages, etc. But I've noticed that tanks DO at times alter the flavor of juices...I'd love to get a tank for my Buzz Pro that keeps the juice tasting fresh. Any suggestions? *This is one reason I love my Reo... the juice always tastes fresh (regardless if I'm vaping at 3.7 OR 6 volts)! But I love by Buzz and want to get the best tank possible for it:)

I haven't used other high end tanks, but I love the Phiniac I purchased. They're pyrex (annealed glass), so you can vape any juice in it, even the cinnamons or highly acidic juices that might affect other tanks. I use a steel Ce2 cartomizer in it. My juice has never tasted better. They've also just come out with a really nice looking sandblasted line. Turn around is very quick and they'll do custom designs.

phiniacc1-064cropped.jpg

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
I haven't used other high end tanks, but I love the Phiniac I purchased. They're pyrex (annealed glass), so you can vape any juice in it, even the cinnamons or highly acidic juices that might affect other tanks. I use a steel Ce2 cartomizer in it. My juice has never tasted better. They've also just come out with a really nice looking sandblasted line. Turn around is very quick and they'll do custom designs.

phiniacc1-064cropped.jpg

Wow, thanks! I saw their site but none of the designs at the time were to my liking.. I wasn't aware they did custom designs! I'm a jewelry designer and do a lot of floral work in my jewelry... I'lllsee if they can do something for me! Thanks again:)

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I have never used a tank before am I missing out. Do they all use bose cartos?

It really depends. If your a type of person that wants to simplify everything when your using cartos. Also, if you don't like carrying around a bottle or extra cartos. Then yes, this will be something for you. Also, as you've seen. You can use CE2's in them if you like as well.

On the other hand. If you constantly like switching 5 flavors around during the day then this might not be something for you. Unless you feel like carrying around 4 other tanks with you.

As for you other question. No, you can use any carto you want depending on the size of the tank. For Phiniac tanks, there are three different sizes. Boges would be for a standard size tank, DCC would be for a tall boy, and a resurrector/Smoketech XL LR 1.7 ohm carto would be for an XL tank. Hope that helps.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Wow, thanks! I saw their site but none of the designs at the time were to my liking.. I wasn't aware they did custom designs! I'm a jewelry designer and do a lot of floral work in my jewelry... I'lllsee if they can do something for me! Thanks again:)

My wife does custom jewelry, too. CAD program and a computerized mill that makes custom waxes for the 'lost wax' method of casting. Are your items CAD made, or hand made?

The precision that's available is amazing...she can cast a stratocaster that's this big /---------/ and you can see the tuning knobs on the guitar (in my case, with a magnifying glass)!

WA3PNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Chino Valley, AZ
www.rodeogeorge.com
I questioned LavaTank about replacement O Rings. They stated that they are waiting to hear from their supplier, and that O Ring Kits will be available soon.

I also posted another inquiry in the reviews section of the Volcanocigs web site today.

George

Last edited:

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
Info for jonboyusmc lavatank orings

Here are the different O-rings

For a tight fit. Outside
90025K143

For a loose fit. Outside
9452K58

For the inside of the cap
9262K126

For the larger tank. Tight fit
90025K147

For the larger tank. Loose fit
5018T126

Alternative O-ring for inside the caps
5233T35

These are all McMaster Carr Part Numbers
http://www.mcmaster.com/#

the tolerances of the lavatanks have changed over time. Depending on when you purchased the tank, the tight fit inner o-rings may not be recommended. For the best advice come and ask in one of these threads:

http://www.internationalvapersclub.com/lavacorps/i-guess-this-is-it-yay-t1984-50690.html

http://www.internationalvapersclub.com/lavacorps/ask-questions-here-t1991-250.html#p96232

there may be updated o-ring info in this thread, not sure

http://www.internationalvapersclub....-tank-maintenance-thread-t1988-20.html#p86444

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread