Not open for further replies.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Thanks PLSChows, yes I agree with you about Dogs, I have Keeshonds, so I know exactly what you are talking about. One youngster I have only had now for 3 months, came to me aged 10 months, and he had security issues, so I had to resort to buying him a cage, or crate as its termed in the US. He would run in, and no door needed to be closed. He felt secure there, and who was I to argue with it.

He now only goes in there if he hears me shouting...lol, no matter at who. But other than that, he is now well adjusted, and rareing to go to his agility class.

Cats are the same, they feel secure in a cage, covered, all bar one side, that way they know danger can only approach from one side, so dont need to keep all senses on alert.

Cat Urine is horrendous to remove, one method I have used, is simply cleaning the area with non biological soap powder, then when dry, soak area with surgical spirit, leave to dry and ensure cat doesnt return during drying process by placing a dish of cat biscuits on area ( adult cats dont urinate where there is food )

Like the product you recommend, there is a similar one available in the UK, make by Simple Solutions.

I have spent a lifetime studying animals and would need another lifetime to even think I had enough knowledge to say I knew it all...lol

Each day brings more knowledge.

PLSChows

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks PLSChows, yes I agree with you about Dogs, I have Keeshonds, so I know exactly what you are talking about. One youngster I have only had now for 3 months, came to me aged 10 months, and he had security issues, so I had to resort to buying him a cage, or crate as its termed in the US. He would run in, and no door needed to be closed. He felt secure there, and who was I to argue with it.

He now only goes in there if he hears me shouting...lol, no matter at who. But other than that, he is now well adjusted, and rareing to go to his agility class.

Cats are the same, they feel secure in a cage, covered, all bar one side, that way they know danger can only approach from one side, so dont need to keep all senses on alert.

Cat Urine is horrendous to remove, one method I have used, is simply cleaning the area with non biological soap powder, then when dry, soak area with surgical spirit, leave to dry and ensure cat doesnt return during drying process by placing a dish of cat biscuits on area ( adult cats dont urinate where there is food )

Like the product you recommend, there is a similar one available in the UK, make by Simple Solutions.

I have spent a lifetime studying animals and would need another lifetime to even think I had enough knowledge to say I knew it all...lol

Amen Christena :)

BTW, we have Simple Solutions here in the US also. I found it didn't work long term. Like most products, as soon as it gets humid the odor returns. The crystals in cat urine are very difficult to penetrate to really get rid of. The SCOE10X is a probiotic, unlike most of the enzymes. Anyway, anyone can read on the site about it. Oh, and I think I can post links now :D
SCOE 10X Super Concentrated Odor Eliminator

Everyone I've told about it that's used it is so thoroughly impressed with it, it's amazing. I feel like a walking commercial for it. The best part are some of the stories I've heard from the president of the company. The reviews are great too.

Ok, enough about this..lol

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
Oh God, it's him again! I wish I'd realised that. I certainly wouldn't have taken part in this thread if I had.

Bye :mad:

Angela,

Your post was a little vague and I can't tell if you were referring to me or the guy who started the thread. If I've done anything to offend you I apologize.

I have to believe that it's him you're referring to as I didn't see any participation by you after my posts. Just asking (my insecurities are showing!). :confused:

Note: I read your earlier posts so disregard this post please. Most of these people don't seem to mind being manipulated, anyway. Although, what they get out of answering questions that aren't what they purport to be is beyond me. There are a lot of legitimate pschological studies on the internet that would be much more helpful and productive to participate in. I just don't get it! This person being ingenuine is AOK, right? Just answer, don't think!

Last edited:

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Angela,

Your post was a little vague and I can't tell if you were referring to me or the guy who started the thread. If I've done anything to offend you I apologize.

I have to believe that it's him you're referring to as I didn't see any participation by you after my posts. Just asking (my insecurities are showing!). :confused:
Most certainly not you HK45. Sorry if my previous post was a bit vague.

I remember the thread in question about the OP introducing his non-smoking girlfriend to vaping and the 'experiment' aspect of asking a question to provoke reaction.

If I had realised that this was the same person who had started this thread, I would not have participated at all.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas

I remember the thread in question about the OP introducing his non-smoking girlfriend to vaping and the 'experiment' aspect of asking a question to provoke reaction.

If I had realised that this was the same person who had started this thread, I would not have participated at all.

Me too, He needs a stir stick and something to stir.

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
Isn't this unethical? From what I remember, persons being studied by psychologist whether they are in a control group or the sample being studied are to be notified that they are participating in a study and are to be given the right to opt out.

Maybe I read too much into the APA guidelines. Ah well...:rolleyes:

MisanthropicMalcontent,

You are right. It is unethical but if you are implying that because these guidelines weren't followed make my assessment invalid, you are wrong. Assuming that everyone is ethical would be naive.

If you don't mind being manipulated and just answer ingenuine questions, no judgements (at least ones that I won't just keep to myself). :D

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA

Angela and
taz3cat ,

Thanks for your responses! You two seem to be the only one's, besides myself, that care what this guy is doing. Even when informed they reply, "I don't care, question asked, question answered, no judgement"!

Is it just me (and you guys) or is there something wrong with that? I really don't understand people more and more lately. And have you noticed how he replies to people like Angela who openly dismiss him. He tries to use the "mob mentality", calls you a hater, and thanks everyone else for being so cooperative.

Last edited:

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
He could have google the problem and found 100 of links, for both the problem and for behavior modification. Thanks for the heads up that this was the guy that said gave his non-smoking girlfriend the e-cig...

BTW for all the real cat lovers, here's a good tip for getting urine out of a rug. Mark off with masking tape 3X the size of the soil. Blott up excess. Grid your area into 3 inch section with masking tape. Using a basting syringe poke holes thru the carpet and into the padding with a basting syringe filled with Nature'sMiracle/ Kid and Pets or some enzyme based cleaning agent. Start from the outer perimeter and work inward. Aftercompleting the under padding saturation, you can then address the carpeting in the same way working from the outer perimeter inward.

For laundry: 2 cups Apple Cider Vinigar and enzyme laundry soap.

Last edited:

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Angela and
taz3cat ,Thanks for your responses! You two seem to be the only one's, besides myself, that care what this guy is doing. quote]

They are not the only ones that despise what the OP does/has done. There are others whos wish is not to justify his ploy with a reply. Because they don't automatically join in, does not mean they don't care.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
Leaving the issue of 'pets' and treatment of them aside (you already have my opinions on that), a cat will only create a mess like this for one of three reasons (in my experience)

1. There's a medical problem
2. The litter tray is dirty
3. The cat is unhappy about something

You say it's not either of the first 2 and therefore it only leaves the 3rd option.

It could be because the cat doesn't like having to 'share' your girlfirend with you. Maybe if you made a fuss of the cat (though I get the impression from your posts that this is unlikely to happen) and worked on becoming friends, this would help resolve the issue.

It could be that the cat is not happy living with dogs.

You state that the same issue arose when the cat was with your girlfirend's parents. Both of the above would be applicable to that situation as well (your girlfriend was 'missing' and there wa a dog in the house)

You didn't say whether or not this problem occurred when the cat was living with your girlfriend without any dogs in the house.

I don't agree about having the cat put down in these circumstances: in another home in different circumstances the cat might be perfectly happy and content.
I am totally with you on this issue! I will not have ANY animal put down unless he/she is in intolerable chronic pain that leaves their life unfathomable..

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009

My two inside have the doors to there crates left open when I am home. 90% of time you will find them in their crates with it opened. I close it when I leave just to be sure they do not find anything DANGEROUS(sharp object, poison, etc)

If they want to go outside they let me know. These dogs hate it outside(A/C spoiled).

FTR, these K9s have the best life. We travel all over the world doing Frisbee Dog shows. They fly on the planes sitting next to me in coach(until AA changed their rule). They go for runs, walks, swimming on the weekends at the park.

I can honestly and confidently say these K9s have a better life than just about any non-crated anti-freeze/ poison exposed-free roaming dog. Unlike others that leave their k9s in crates and do not provide activity for happiness and then the K9 ends up in a shelter:(

This is NOT me!!!

This is why I feel these anti-crate peeps need to know the real story before throwing stones.

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
There is nothing at all wrong with properly crate training a dog and most dogs are happier for it.

My dog loves her crate. At this point we put her in there to sleep and let her roam the house with the crate door open during the day. When she was a puppy the crate was great for potty training. Most of the time when I leave in the morning she is just sitting there in her crate with her head sticking out or when she doesn't want to be bothered she just curls up in the back of it. She has the option to leave her crate anytime and does, but this is her space and she likes it. At night she just sleeps in her crate right beside us.

Crate training is very humane, IMO.

I can leave my little 5lb dog home all day without worrying about her pissing in the house. I never leave her locked in the crate when I am not home. When we were training her we just left her locked in the kitchen with her crate and with the crate door open. At night, we just tell her to go to bed and she runs into her crate or if we are up too late we will find her already in her crate (sometimes she is ready for bed before we are).

As a matter of fact she can already be upstairs in our bedroom with my wife and complete freedom and if I ask her if she is ready for bed she comes running downstairs and into her crate and waits for me to carry her back to the bedroom in her crate.

Crate training is wonderful if it is not abused and it is done right.

Last edited:

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
There is nothing at all wrong with properly crate training a dog and most dogs are happier for it.

My dog loves her crate. At this point we put her in there to sleep and let her roam the house with the crate door open during the day. When she was a puppy the crate was great for potty training. Most of the time when I leave in the morning she is just sitting there in her crate with her head sticking out or when she doesn't want to be bothered she just curls up in the back of it. She has the option to leave her crate anytime and does, but this is her space and she likes it. At night she just sleeps in her crate right beside us.

Crate training is very humane, IMO.

I can leave my little 5lb dog home all day without worrying about her pissing in the house. I never leave her locked in the crate when I am not home. When we were training her we just left her locked in the kitchen with her crate and with the crate door open. At night, we just tell her to go to bed and she runs into her crate or if we are up too late we will find her already in her crate (sometimes she is ready for bed before we are).

As a matter of fact she can already be upstairs in our bedroom with my wife and complete freedom and if I ask her if she is ready for bed she comes running downstairs and into her crate and waits for me to carry her back to the bedroom in her crate.

Crate training is wonderful if it is not abused and it is done right.
:) I like you!

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
He could have google the problem and found 100 of links, for both the problem and for behavior modification. Thanks for the heads up that this was the guy that said gave his non-smoking girlfriend the e-cig...

BTW for all the real cat lovers, here's a good tip for getting urine out of a rug. Mark off with masking tape 3X the size of the soil. Blott up excess. Grid your area into 3 inch section with masking tape. Using a basting syringe poke holes thru the carpet and into the padding with a basting syringe filled with Nature'sMiracle/ Kid and Pets or some enzyme based cleaning agent. Start from the outer perimeter and work inward. Aftercompleting the under padding saturation, you can then address the carpeting in the same way working from the outer perimeter inward.

For laundry: 2 cups Apple Cider Vinigar and enzyme laundry soap.

Thanks for the laundry tip! Just today a friend of mine was in a quandry about how to get the smell out of some expensive clothing that were doused! :)

PLSChows

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for the laundry tip! Just today a friend of mine was in a quandry about how to get the smell out of some expensive clothing that were doused! :)

The SCOE10X that I mentioned before is great for clothes as well. I've sprayed it on pants that I was wearing...odor gone ! ! ! Just be aware that it only works when it's wet..if it dries too quick, might need to do it again. Then I just washed as normal. I haven't found anything that it didn't work on, including a leather laptop bag strap.

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
Angela and
taz3cat ,Thanks for your responses! You two seem to be the only one's, besides myself, that care what this guy is doing. quote]

They are not the only ones that despise what the OP does/has done. There are others whos wish is not to justify his ploy with a reply. Because they don't automatically join in, does not mean they don't care.

niterider,

you are absolutely correct. I unthinkingly made a statement that made a lot of assumptions and I apologize to everyone who feels the same way but doesn't want to give this guy any credibility by responding.

Again, I apologize for my thoughtless remark! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread