Chameleon Tips & Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hey guys, thought this would be a great place to have maintenance tips for the Chameleon, even though this service for all you guys for 1 year. This is to be informational for folks that want to maintain their Chameleons for themselves and that don't want the hassle of shipping it back. :D
If anyone has any tricks or tips all input is very welcome! :thumb:

Number One priority with Chameleon is the connections. Connection is the key to happy vaping. The atomizers can sometimes leak like they always tend to. With the Chameleon adapters being the way they are as separate entity's the liquid doesn't anywhere to go. The plus side is that the switch and battery are completely safe from harm and hazard. It's very easy to clean out the adapters.

By using a soft tool like the one displayed.
IMG_3724.jpg

You can easily push out the center pin without causing harm to the unit.
IMG_3726.jpg

Once out, I like to use the finest sandpaper that you can find, which is normally "Smooth away" brand sandpaper. It's a hair removal device but works great to sand off any type of build up or excess liquid. Also see Stage 3 nail buffers. It's s soft sponge material box shaped product.

Once the pin is removed, you can also remove the plastic washer.
I then gently in a rotating circle sand down the center pin 2 or 3 times, just enough to ensure a proper cleaning.
IMG_3727.jpg

I then clean the button sector brass prongs by using the same circular motion on both sides. I'm not too keen on metal build up connectivity, but I did find that this also helps.
IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

To check to see if the button is still alive. Set your multi-meter (If you have one, they are very easy to find starting around 3$ and up)
Please note, where I have the dial set (to the ".)))" symbol) by connecting each negative and positive side to the button. Activate the Chameleon's switch, if the switch is active you will hear a beeping sound. In the unlikely event of no sound coming from your multimeter, your switch has gone bad.
IMG_3734.jpg

To replace your switch it is very simple and only 2 tools are needed. A pair of pliers and a small flat head screwdriver.
YouTube - Chameleon button removal
Please note that tampering with opening the button sector can void your warranty, this video is for mechanically and electronically inclined user's. If physical proof (like a photo) of all components being present, your warranty will still happily continue.

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Iken i am new but hope to buy one of these. beautiful. what do you mean built in atty? and for which carto. Thanks
Hey Cos and welcome, I was meaning towards the adapters really, you see, the way they are made to be specifically for the Chameleon, the make a solid flat connection right on to the button housing. So there wouldn't be any type of breathing room or on/off connections like screw on adapters can do. Virtually the adapters, are all standard. ;) The cartomizers that agree with Chameleon has a groove going right down the middle of the bottom of it.
856eca29.jpg

Isaac, what is the best cleaner to use on the adapters. Mine are in need of cleaning/polishing and want to do right by them!!!!!!

Haha I been looking for the same and with your inspiration, IK believe I have found a way to do it without going to the store! Woo hoo! I'm going to make some time today to experiemnt a bit and will def let you know! Homemade Brass Cleaner

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Alright results are in! This method was the Red Hot sauce.
Let Chemistry Work for You Homemade Brass Cleaner

I suggest you try submersing the pulls in TEXAS PETE brand hot sauce! I refinished an old desk with brass pulls, and this worked like a charm. Put the hot sauce in a flat plastic container and pour in enough sauce to cover the pulls. Don't put it in a metal container, as there may be a reaction that could cause it not to work

Before with tool of soaking.
You can't see the junk and grime, but you will in the before & after shot!
131aba6b.jpg

Here is all the adapters and its components soaking in the plastic syringe in Texas Pete's hot sauce.
0701264e.jpg

Here is the finished outcome. I let the adapters soak for only 2 hours because the author didn't state how long. I ran them through the water faucet, then wiped them down with a paper towel.
308386bb.jpg

Before & After
5ce074c8.jpg

They didn't come out as they would from the factory, but they still don't look too bad and the results are clear. They're just not as I would like them to be, so further testing will continue.
749390da.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread