Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
'moanin, Voltaticalytes.

Nice to see you, Wuzz!

It's a day of change here, weather wise. It's warm but windy, with some showers and will be getting cooler tonight.

I've been a little "out of sorts". My son had some blood work done two weeks ago and, besides having a cardiac catheterization scheduled, found out his lymphocytes and white blood cell count were high. Needless to say we've all been on pins and needles ever since. He called yesterday with the in depth results and it is not, apparently, being caused by cancer. The real reason has yet to be determined, but that is a big weight off my mind. He already has nine, yes nine, stents and I'm wondering if they can possibly stuff another one in there. We won't find that out until next month.

On a brighter note, my Win10 craptop can now access my Win7 desktop. It apparently fixed itself. The "mysteries" of technology or enough reboots.

I don't know if I am having problems with Win10. It seems to be working but you can't drag photos from the Win10 photo album deal to Photobucket. Kind of a pain in the .....

I'm glad it isn't cancer for your son but dang he has a lot of stents.

Weather should be warm at 68 degrees but sustained winds of 15-20 mph are predicted.

Hi, Wuzzntme, nice to see you here.

The horses went to the new larger pen yesterday. Wiseguy did a couple of bucks which was adorable. The horses chased each other around the pen a bit and Pony Baloney got some speed up on one of his runs. Mostly they ate grass and ignored each other. I think they enjoyed themselves. Both horses were easy to call over to me, hook up and take back to their regular pen so that was great!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Lizzie, being "old school" I just use "file manager" to move things around. Worst case, highlight what you want to move, right click and select "copy" then "paste" to wherever you want to.

With the number of stents I'm surprised they just haven't put in some copper pipe :shock:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Waving Hi.gif

Hi volties!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    'moanin, Voltaticalytes.

Nice to see you, Wuzz!

It's a day of change here, weather wise. It's warm but windy, with some showers and will be getting cooler tonight.

I've been a little "out of sorts". My son had some blood work done two weeks ago and, besides having a cardiac catheterization scheduled, found out his lymphocytes and white blood cell count were high. Needless to say we've all been on pins and needles ever since. He called yesterday with the in depth results and it is not, apparently, being caused by cancer. The real reason has yet to be determined, but that is a big weight off my mind. He already has nine, yes nine, stents and I'm wondering if they can possibly stuff another one in there. We won't find that out until next month.

On a brighter note, my Win10 craptop can now access my Win7 desktop. It apparently fixed itself. The "mysteries" of technology or enough reboots.
    I am so sorry you guys are going through this. I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad it is not being caused by cancer.

SandySu

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    IMG_0024.JPG
    Happy Easter, everyone. Here's an interesting egg from the collection my mom had that is now mine.

Yesterday was the Easter egg hunt, and all 3 kids had a blast! The church where it was held went all out scattering plastic colored eggs with candy in them, toys, and trinkets on the lawn. There was a section for little kids, where the littlest one and I were, and the 2 older siblings went by themselves to the older kids' section.

Then we went inside the parish house for snacks and drawings. First, every kid who signed in got his or her name pulled out of a big bowl and got to choose a prize from a table loaded with stuff. Both boys chose a big bubble container with a giant bubble wand in it. The containers were long, tubelike, and the boys had fun pretending they were swords and had a sword fight or 2 or more. The girl chose a big, cute white rabbit stuffed animal clutching a carrot that said "Happy Easter" on it. When she got that, she clutched it to her and wouldn't let go. The kids made quite a haul, plus I had put together modest Easter baskets for all of them, which paled in comparison with what they got from the church. I was amazed at the bounty. The stuff must have been donated, and someone at the church must have been very busy getting those donations. I never expected the kids would get so much! The girl even won a jar of jelly beans because her guess was the closest to the actual number of candies in the jar.

After that, and it didn't take as long as I thought it might, I took the kids back to the house and tutored 2 of them till it was time to go to the new boy at 1 p.m. He and his sister got Easter baskets, too. I thought maybe he'd feel he was too old to get an Easter basket (he's 12), but I think he was happy with it.

Then, back to the original kids' house to tutor the 3rd one, and then I had a couple of hours to kill before the new girl would be home, so I shopped, got gas, and got the car washed. Then it was time for the new girl, and I tutored her.

I really wish I could do the new kids together so I didn't have to go back & forth so much, but summer will be here soon, and at that point, we'll probably rearrange all the times and days, so I'll wait till then to make changes.

Speaking of computers, mine has been acting up, too, and I feel like I'm living on borrowed time till it totally doesn't work. So I'm thinking of getting another as a backup and then getting this one repaired. I need a computer to do the tutoring lessons. I could manage without one, but it's interesting how dependent I've become.

Lizzie, I'm glad the horses have a place to run now. I bet they'll be a lot calmer and happier with more exercise. I'd love to see pics of them, especially Wiseguy bucking and Pony running.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Hi guys.
    Is it Easter there?

Got back but i'll go again on Tuesday, conditions were very bad with very high winds too.

Glad you made it back, Trit.

Cute post, Q.

I'll try to get some photos but this cleaning job on Saturday is wiping me out.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    View attachment 542641 Happy Easter, everyone. Here's an interesting egg from the collection my mom had that is now mine.

Yesterday was the Easter egg hunt, and all 3 kids had a blast! The church where it was held went all out scattering plastic colored eggs with candy in them, toys, and trinkets on the lawn. There was a section for little kids, where the littlest one and I were, and the 2 older siblings went by themselves to the older kids' section.

Then we went inside the parish house for snacks and drawings. First, every kid who signed in got his or her name pulled out of a big bowl and got to choose a prize from a table loaded with stuff. Both boys chose a big bubble container with a giant bubble wand in it. The containers were long, tubelike, and the boys had fun pretending they were swords and had a sword fight or 2 or more. The girl chose a big, cute white rabbit stuffed animal clutching a carrot that said "Happy Easter" on it. When she got that, she clutched it to her and wouldn't let go. The kids made quite a haul, plus I had put together modest Easter baskets for all of them, which paled in comparison with what they got from the church. I was amazed at the bounty. The stuff must have been donated, and someone at the church must have been very busy getting those donations. I never expected the kids would get so much! The girl even won a jar of jelly beans because her guess was the closest to the actual number of candies in the jar.

After that, and it didn't take as long as I thought it might, I took the kids back to the house and tutored 2 of them till it was time to go to the new boy at 1 p.m. He and his sister got Easter baskets, too. I thought maybe he'd feel he was too old to get an Easter basket (he's 12), but I think he was happy with it.

Then, back to the original kids' house to tutor the 3rd one, and then I had a couple of hours to kill before the new girl would be home, so I shopped, got gas, and got the car washed. Then it was time for the new girl, and I tutored her.

I really wish I could do the new kids together so I didn't have to go back & forth so much, but summer will be here soon, and at that point, we'll probably rearrange all the times and days, so I'll wait till then to make changes.

Speaking of computers, mine has been acting up, too, and I feel like I'm living on borrowed time till it totally doesn't work. So I'm thinking of getting another as a backup and then getting this one repaired. I need a computer to do the tutoring lessons. I could manage without one, but it's interesting how dependent I've become.

Lizzie, I'm glad the horses have a place to run now. I bet they'll be a lot calmer and happier with more exercise. I'd love to see pics of them, especially Wiseguy bucking and Pony running.

thanks for the update on the kids and Easter, SandySu. Sounds like fun.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Hi guys.
    Is it Easter there?
    Yup. This is our Easter. Watched Vigil Mass-- the l o o n g one on TV last night. With no car and most friends out of town, I got a ride with another friend I haven't talked with for ages, and we went to a village parish for a 9:00 Mass, where things weren't crowded. It was nice.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    Happy Easter, Votlies.

That's an interesting egg, Sandy. Getting the schedule arranged better, for you, is a great idea. Running back an forth with "dead" time in the middle isn't really productive for you. The egg hunt and goodies sound like the kids had a really great time. I hope they, and their parents, appreciate what you do for them, besides the tutoring. Wish I had a tutor as good when I was a kid! I know I always appreciated Easter baskets, age doesn't seem to matter much with them. I'm still trying to figure out the significance of the Easter Bunny though and how a rabbit is associated with eggs.

I just went through the new computer thing, still working on restoring everything the way I want it. Having a second, as a backup, will let you keep things consistent. I backup my desktop, regularly and have the original "C" dive for it, but the laptop is kind of orphaned and doesn't get backed up like it should. The result is I'm still looking for a desktop calendar like the one I had. It was nice, unobtrusive, easy to use, free(very important!) and seems unfindable.

Trit, how'd the work go? Any welding? Any dropped tablets coming down the mountain?

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    Hey awsum.
    No welding, this was a radiolink. Next time we will install the exhaust pipes and stuff. Was cold, raining and windy, very windy, not much food etc. I had to be strapped all the time on the pole and i was moving with it left and right lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread