Status
Not open for further replies.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
To me if it happens. I have no controll over it. So if it happens it happens. If I die, I know I will be going to heaven for all the good deeds I did and when I get there I hope to see my relatives and pets there (especially Rocky aka my boo). Picture below
View attachment 160177

Chief... I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Rocky. Before I got my boy Spanky (my avi <--), my heart was broken by the loss of my little Maltese. Had him for 15 years and I swore I would never get another pet, but after a number of years of grieving I had to fill that void left by his loss that only another furry friend could fill. He was never replaced but now I realize that I gave him my all while he was here and that my heart had enough room left to love another. Just know, one animal lover to another, I definitely feel your pain. But also know this, Rocky felt and knew your love.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
Well... I guess we'll know for sure when we wake up on 12/22.... ;)

I don't think folks really got what I meant....yeah yeah I know mayan prophecies....everyone has a opinion....be it bad or good.....the point I was making does the talk................which i rest my case.......in reading all posts .......I wonder will talk create a energy of sorts...maybe someone out there understands what I mean

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I can't remember if I showed you guys this,,,,,,

my little grand daughter getting ready for her first cheer competition,,,,,,,

they won first place :)

cheer.jpg

Oh she's darling Holly...

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Let's see... what did I say on my last New Year's eCard to you all?

6611068129_1bd52bc661_z.jpg

I think whether we go poof or not depends on how we handle the resources we have left - what happens to the rainforest, what we do about global warming, etc...

Beautiful Cindy... Very creative! I knew you had talent :thumb:

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I would love to someday change my whole setup to 650s. Maybe by then, SI will come out with eGo-K & -Q style tubes (so pretty) and working tanks. But it'll be awhile, so they've got some time! :lol:

That's why I like to diversify... explore... research... experiment... :rolleyes: BECAUSE..... WHEN!!??!! :?:

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
LOL, Bailey is more than 9 lbs, but yeah,,,,,,she takes up 3/4 of a queen size bed LOL

I just did the math, Teddie (my male cat) tips the scales at 13 and half pounds..... No wonder my bed feels so small. LOL
Comma Hope your travelling well.
Chief you pets will always be by your side. A bond with an animal never fade's. Your Boo is adorable , thanks for sharing a photo and letting us peek into your story. I guess sometimes some people just dont find the right pet straight away, which is sad, but you know , we are the lucky ones in the end because we become their happy ending.

Its friday and the end of a very very long week of working and cert 3 schooling. Picking up everyone's hours so I have been quite busy. I seemed to have picked up the fish bug again, and have spent the last month setting up a small tank with a fighter fish. Testing water parameters and proper temps and all the rest that goes with it. This time I have the proper set up and knowledgeable in what is going on. Phew...

Hope you all are doing well and having a lovely day.

Coffee is being served , and there is some in the thermo for those that have a later get up time ;)

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Oh my gosh! I missed the whole party in here! There is no way to respond, reply or even comment on everything, but I have totally enjoyed getting caught up. Oh, I know nothing about Mac, I only googled and saw that the YouTube thing was happening for others and passed along a link.

I don't know about all of you, but just in case, lol, I went and got my "End of the World Beer" :toast: No kidding, check out the link, they even have a countdown! :lol: Shock Top I'm happy to report, it's pretty good beer!

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Oh my gosh! I missed the whole party in here! There is no way to respond, reply or even comment on everything, but I have totally enjoyed getting caught up. Oh, I know nothing about Mac, I only googled and saw that the YouTube thing was happening for others and passed along a link.

I don't know about all of you, but just in case, lol, I went and got my "End of the World Beer" :toast: No kidding, check out the link, they even have a countdown! :lol: Shock Top I'm happy to report, it's pretty good beer!

cash in.........far out.......lets make $s in the end.........remember what they said about the titanic,maybe its just me...I don't like pushing fate..........but then again....I got to find the funny side of it..........creative....ill give them that........butterfly effect....mmmmmmmmmmm like I said......I wonder..........nothing to serious.........depends who you talk to.....some of my friends hope its the end....there sick of this and that.......there waiting hoping on the next life..........whats your story........we all have one........like I said I wonder.....wonder I do......

Basilor

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't think folks really got what I meant....yeah yeah I know mayan prophecies....everyone has a opinion....be it bad or good.....the point I was making does the talk................which i rest my case.......in reading all posts .......I wonder will talk create a energy of sorts...maybe someone out there understands what I mean

I promise you the world won't end on 12/21/12.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
oh dear........I must be such a hard person to understand.......as far as the end of the world...who knows when...ok to put things straight....what put me in a tail spin.........was this what I read...............the answers to everything is within every individual,that its behaviour determines its future..engery that is received from the center of the galaxy is causing an increase in the vibration of the planet & brain waves ,altering their behaviour,their way of thinking and feelings....im sorry if im a freak.....but reading this did my head in.......so I just think as a human race talking about these end time events..creates some weird engery..for its future....anyway I never meant to upset anyone....I think to deep about things...and was hoping someone was on the same page....forgive me.......lets hope we all find what where looking for..........

Last edited:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
she didn't think a dog would SHED?? yeah, maybe pugs shed more than most,,,,IDK, I had a sheltie before that LOL, now THAT dog could shed!!!! but I'm glad that her giving him up meant you got him, Chief :)

I've heard that poodles don't shed. I guess if she didn't want a dog that sheds, she should have gotten a poodle. I wonder if there are other breeds that don't shed. Obviously, short-haired breeds would shed a lot less.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
We have a part pug here that someone "dropped off" his name is Tonka. He's as cute as a button,but Tonka is a tattle tale. If one of the Rotts does something (usually Angus) Tonka runs in here to the study to tell me. He's very verbal about it.

I had a dog like that. We also had a cat, and there was an uneasy truce between the 2. If the cat did something like scratch the furniture, the dog would rush the cat and chase her away. He knew what was verboten. Not that he was a perfect angel, either, and the cat never said a word to him about his infractions.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
oh dear........I must be such a hard person to understand.......as far as the end of the world...who knows when...ok to put things straight....what put me in a tail spin.........was this what I read...............the answers to everything is within every individual,that its behaviour determines its future..engery that is received from the center of the galaxy is causing an increase in the vibration of the planet & brain waves ,altering their behaviour,their way of thinking and feelings....im sorry if im a freak.....but reading this did my head in.......so I just think as a human race talking about these end time events..creates some weird engery..for its future....anyway I never meant to upset anyone....I think to deep about things...and was hoping someone was on the same page....forgive me.......lets hope we all find what where looking for..........

Hi Debra. If I understand you correctly, you're talking about things like the life force energy and the pulses of energy generated by our thoughts. What I don't understand though is what you mean by the energy received from the center of the galaxy.

That's an interesting theory....that our thoughts and words create an energy that can affect the future and possibly alter it. I'm not knowledgeable enough about energy and especially the natural energy in humans and their thoughts.

Sometimes I think about and try to comprehend infinity in time and space. But it always ends with me feeling like my mind will blow up and I have to stop. lol

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Hey Holly! Glad you're not dead ;) flu is dreadful... had it a few years back and since then I get the flu shot. Don't want that awful thing again or at least as bad as that was. Since you're posting now... you're on the mend. I'm so glad because you have been missed.

I'm trying to catch up reading this thread, listening to good music, watching videos about horses... then when I post a reply, I forget where I left off :unsure: then I'll page back and 10 more pages have been added! Boy! This is a lively thread! When and if I catch up then I'll be exhausted and ready for bed. When I wake up, it will start all over again. That's what I call FUN!!!

What I do to find out where I left off is to go to the History in my browser. That lists the last page I looked at, and I can just click on that to be back to where I left off in the thread. I still have to scroll down the page to the message I left off reading at, but that's easy compared to looking back through the pages between what I answered and the last page, which is where I wind up when I post a message. Granted, I answer a post sometimes, then see someone else gave the same answer, which makes my post superfluous, but it works most of the time.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Well... I guess we'll know for sure when we wake up on 12/22.... ;)

Yes, or don't wake up, if it actually will be the end of the world. I'm betting life will go on as usual. So many predictions of the end of the world have been made, and so far, none have come true, so to my thinking, this is just another one. I think sometimes people like to scare themselves with ideas like this. It adds excitement to life.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
Hey Holly! Glad you're not dead ;) flu is dreadful... had it a few years back and since then I get the flu shot. Don't want that awful thing again or at least as bad as that was. Since you're posting now... you're on the mend. I'm so glad because you have been missed.

I'm trying to catch up reading this thread, listening to good music, watching videos about horses... then when I post a reply, I forget where I left off :unsure: then I'll page back and 10 more pages have been added! Boy! This is a lively thread! When and if I catch up then I'll be exhausted and ready for bed. When I wake up, it will start all over again. That's what I call FUN!!!

JoAnn, if I post before I get to the end of the thread I just click the back button on my browser after my post appears. That takes me back to the post I was replying to....and I can just continue from there. I think there is another way (or ways) to get back to where you left off, but I can't remember what they are.

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
The ex has one of those trend mutt poodles looks like a bichon frise<sp> but I find more of my daughters' hair around then the house than I do his..

I've heard that poodles don't shed. I guess if she didn't want a dog that sheds, she should have gotten a poodle. I wonder if there are other breeds that don't shed. Obviously, short-haired breeds would shed a lot less.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Hi Debra. If I understand you correctly, you're talking about things like the life force energy and the pulses of energy generated by our thoughts. What I don't understand though is what you mean by the energy received from the center of the galaxy.

That's an interesting theory....that our thoughts and words create an energy that can affect the future and possibly alter it. I'm not knowledgeable enough about energy and especially the natural energy in humans and their thoughts.

Sometimes I think about and try to comprehend infinity in time and space. But it always ends with me feeling like my mind will blow up and I have to stop. lol

it wasn't my words the center of galaxy......its still blowing my mind.....intense day for me.....no I don't in my heart believe its the end of the world...I just felt ive read a truth ...I cant explain why....its like the wind....

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY

I think I know what you mean now. Will people's perception change the outcome? I've heard that watching an experiment changes the outcome, so I Googled it, and found this: Quantum Theory Demonstrated: Observation Affects Reality I don't know if experiments like this, which measure small changes in small particles, would translate to big changes in big objects, or if human thought could change an outcome, but it might. I guess, just in case, we had all better believe that the world won't actually end. It's an interesting thing to consider, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread